SP Pirates of 2009

OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says due to several posters still wishing to talk about football OP decided to start this thread. The Pirates loose a lot with 3 starting RBs and 3 OL, 3 DL and 3 LBs. That should say enough, but expect some fans to say they'll be GREAT. OP says the Pirates and coaching staff do have some quality players returning. The Pirates offense nor defense will be as good in this OP skillet scared head.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate says due to several posters still wishing to talk about football OP decided to start this thread. The Pirates loose a lot with 3 starting RBs and 3 OL, 3 DL and 3 LBs. That should say enough, but expect some fans to say they'll be GREAT. OP says the Pirates and coaching staff do have some quality players returning. The Pirates offense nor defense will be as good in this OP skillet scared head.

What about the kid whose Dad played in about 1990 or 1992 the Reynolds boy. I heard he was going to be the next big thing. How's the line looking, because the champ says winning championships starts with the line. SP struggled a bit at this position this year. The champ wanders if there is any Berryhills coming up in the future, or Mayfields?

I guess we'll find out first hand next season. Cascade has SP on their schedule for next season. Hope to see an entertaining game that will help both our schools get better.

Old Pirate says get prepared to have your cage rattled, it's as natural as breathing around these parts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Old Pirate says get prepared to have your cage rattled, it's as natural as breathing around these parts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wouldn't be the first time. ? Win or lose, I'm glad we got this game scheduled. ? We'll have a huge senior class and return the majority of our starters. ? The biggest obstacle will be breaking in a new QB after losing a 3 year starter. ? The more good competion we can get in the season the better it will make our new QB. ? Whoever it is.

Wouldn't be the first time. ? Win or lose, I'm glad we got this game scheduled. ? We'll have a huge senior class and return the majority of our starters. ? The biggest obstacle will be breaking in a new QB after losing a 3 year starter. ? The more good competion we can get in the season the better it will make our new QB. ? Whoever it is.

I can see it now...JB and SP in the championship and we're comparing the SP/Cascade game to the JB/Cascade game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can see it now...JB and SP in the championship and we're comparing the SP/Cascade game to the JB/Cascade game. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Think JB will be back again next season, Moto? ? I thought they were losing a lot after this year..We'll be re-building after next season. ? Graduate about 18 kids next season.

Offensively, I think the Pirates will be just as explosive as they have been the last few years. I believe 28, 11, 35, and 24 will be your probable starters in the backfield next year. The coaches will have to do another rebuilding job on the O-line with only two starters coming back. I think the line play will be key again in 2009 for SP to be successful. Maybe someone can shed some light on who will be competing for starting positions in this area. They do return Terrell Robinson at quarterback and Malcolm Jones and wide out. I expect this tandem to put up some big numbers next year.

Defensively, the coaches will have to fill several spots. Losing 2 D-line starters, 3 linebackers, and 3 in the secondary will definitely change the personel on defense. Once again, I think SP has the players to fill these positions. I am excited about next year??™s team and the new schedule. The 2009 edition of the Pirates will be a new group, but I think in the end will continue the winning tradition at South Pittsburg.