District 14A Game Reports

volfan007

Lake Co plays at Bradford tonight but the snow has been coming down pretty good here in Dyersburg...A lot of times Lake Co will get more snow than here so maybe the snow won't continue and cancel the game..If for some reason the game is canceled,I'll try to let some fans know ..It looks like it's clearing up as I'm writiing.!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

92-31 final Humboldt. I don't know what the stats were, but I was also told that Charles hurt himself during the game. He came down on his elbow, but the our trainer said that there's nothing wrong with it. Charles said that it is just sore. He's probably not going to start Friday night against Halls, which he may not even play because we probably won't need him especially with Lake Co. coming up next week.

Greenfield lost a close one tonite to Trenton 68-67. We had our shooter shooting the ball for a last second shot, but it didnt go down. It was a great game....one that the Jackets needed to win to stay in 4th place in the district. But alas, it was not meant to be.

Greenfield has a good team. That dark headed kidd can really shot the ball. And Rickets can play some good ball also.

Lakecountyfan,

The dark headed kid is Wes Clark. He's a sophomore, so his future is bright. And, you're right, Daniel Ricketts is 6'3", and he can jump. He's quite an athlete. But, he's a senior, so we lose him for next year. We have a lot of young players on the team, so here in Greenfield, a lot of us are optimistic about the next two years. BUT, we need a couple of the younger kids to grow taller. If they dont, then we will be lacking greatly in height the next two years. Any suggestions about how to make them grow taller?

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lakecountyfan,

The dark headed kid is Wes Clark. He's a sophomore, so his future is bright. And, you're right, Daniel Ricketts is 6'3", and he can jump. He's quite an athlete. But, he's a senior, so we lose him for next year. We have a lot of young players on the team, so here in Greenfield, a lot of us are optimistic about the next two years. BUT, we need a couple of the younger kids to grow taller. If they dont, then we will be lacking greatly in height the next two years. Any suggestions about how to make them grow taller?

/smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Start recruiting...lol...Lake Co is going to be the same way next year..Maybe have a 3 players that will be around 6'3...

Lakecountyfan,

I would uses platform Basketball shoes on all of my players.lol

Lake Co won at Bradford last night 65-48..Coach Whitby again was subbing like he usually does..I don't think he cares about rankings...Last night he started Patrick Robertson and Leron Garrett,both are juniors and Caleb Bledsoe,Rafael Tyler and Ricky Boyd all freshmen...The first player off the bench was the Churchwell kid and then Cris Rogers..The first quarter was tied 14-14.. Coach put Russell Avery in but sat Patrick Robertson down the 2nd quarter..Lake Co did a lot of what should have been easy layups..instead double pumping or instead of shooting a layup would go under and do a reverse layup..Half played..everyone was looking and taking long three's with out really looking for a good shot.When they threw the ball away..was smiling..like no big deal..same thing,smiling if they missed a shot..Coach Whitby didn't play Hockett at all..Hockett has pretty well started every game this year and Leron Garrett went about 3 games without playing at all and with Russel Avery not starting ...don't know what's up..I'm kinda worried about the chemistry now ..I hate missing games..been to every game this year except one because I was under the weather..and I hate not supporting the kids..because no matter who is playing is Lake Co players..but at the same time..if Coach is going to continue doing this and also when Lake Co are playing teams that I feel like they think they are going to beat and not really put out much of an effort ..feel like I'm wasting my gas and time by going..Maybe just should wait for the Humboldt and Union City games..Lake Co only beat South Fulton by 6 and Bradford by 17 but in watching both teams..I really don't see how Bradford beat South Fulton..Lake Co beat Bradford worsethan South Fulton ,even in toying around..but in my opinion..South Fulton is more talented than Bradford..I would say South Fulton is at least 10 points better than Bradford on just about any night..Now..I'm wondering how Lake co may play once a big game comes around..Too much messing around..Union City..Humboldt would be playing all out..not coasting..not be smiling and laughing..With about 4 minutes to go in game last night and Lake Co having a 22 point lead..was coming down the floor and a Lake Co player was called for a tech by the official..Supposedely for saying something..I heard Whitby ask who it was on and the player met Avery at halfcourt..must have told him what he had said and Avery busted out laughing..I heard what it was maybe said..won't repeat it..but too much goofing off..!Russell Avery not starting..Carlos Young not starting..Hockett not playing at all..Not sure what's up..Lake Co 007 wasn't there..Lake Co falcon fan got sick at th beginning of the boys game and left..Wish I had left with him..Because what I saw last night made me sick also !

Lake Co won at Bradford last night 65-48..Coach Whitby again was subbing like he usually does..I don't think he cares about rankings...Last night he started Patrick Robertson and Leron Garrett,both are juniors and Caleb Bledsoe,Rafael Tyler and Ricky Boyd all freshmen...The first player off the bench was the Churchwell kid and then Cris Rogers..The first quarter was tied 14-14.. Coach put Russell Avery in but sat Patrick Robertson down the 2nd quarter..Lake Co did a lot of what should have been easy layups..instead double pumping or instead of shooting a layup would go under and do a reverse layup..Half played..everyone was looking and taking long three's with out really looking for a good shot.When they threw the ball away..was smiling..like no big deal..same thing,smiling if they missed a shot..Coach Whitby didn't play Hockett at all..Hockett has pretty well started every game this year and Leron Garrett went about 3 games without playing at all and with Russel Avery not starting ...don't know what's up..I'm kinda worried about the chemistry now ..I hate missing games..been to every game this year except one because I was under the weather..and I hate not supporting the kids..because no matter who is playing is Lake Co players..but at the same time..if Coach is going to continue doing this and also when Lake Co are playing teams that I feel like they think they are going to beat and not really put out much of an effort ..feel like I'm wasting my gas and time by going..Maybe just should wait for the Humboldt and Union City games..Lake Co only beat South Fulton by 6 and Bradford by 17 but in watching both teams..I really don't see how Bradford beat South Fulton..Lake Co beat Bradford worsethan South Fulton ,even in toying around..but in my opinion..South Fulton is more talented than Bradford..I would say South Fulton is at least 10 points better than Bradford on just about any night..Now..I'm wondering how Lake co may play once a big game comes around..Too much messing around..Union City..Humboldt would be playing all out..not coasting..not be smiling and laughing..With about 4 minutes to go in game last night and Lake Co having a 22 point lead..was coming down the floor and a Lake Co player was called for a tech by the official..Supposedely for saying something..I heard Whitby ask who it was on and the player met Avery at halfcourt..must have told him what he had said and Avery busted out laughing..I heard what it was maybe said..won't repeat it..but too much goofing off..!Russell Avery not starting..Carlos Young not starting..Hockett not playing at all..Not sure what's up..Lake Co 007 wasn't there..Lake Co falcon fan got sick at th beginning of the boys game and left..Wish I had left with him..Because what I saw last night made me sick also !

Idk, but i was looking at LC's schedule and the first time yall beat Soth Fulton 85 to 49 i believe, so maybe tha games against SF tha second time and

Braford are flukes or maybe they are getting better lol. I do know u better not play like that against Humboldt or Tha U baby cause it's a recipe for disaster

Idk, but i was looking at LC's schedule and the first time yall beat Soth Fulton 85 to 49 i believe, so maybe tha games against SF tha second time and

Braford are flukes or maybe they are getting better lol. I do know u better not play like that against Humboldt or Tha U baby cause it's a recipe for disaster

The three that started the game against Bradford probably won't play at all against Humboldt and I'm pretty sure he'll only play the same 6 as last time and Leron Garrett,who didn't play at Humboldt..So seven will probably play..But then again..Hockett ,the kid that hit a couple 3's against Humboldt and the small player that hit all the baskets against Humboldt after Lake Co beat the press...didn't play at all against Bradford.!