Chattanooga Top 25

Indian

in chattanooga, girls grow up playing softball and soccer not basketball. That is the difference. You don't have that as much in the surrounding counties. AAU is not real strong in Chattanooga, although I think it is improving.

They're some strong freshman players out there, GPS has 3 strong ones and they all played for the Tennessee Xtreme 13u along with my daughter. My daughter has to play jv and varisty, she gets all her playing time on jv where she scored 26 points against Baylor and 16 against Walker Valley. She doesn't get much playing time on varsity because the coach already has his pick and they are seniors and juniors.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uuuuuI'm not sure where you got your information but the Middle Schools I am familiar with don't have seasons quite as long. AAU for that age group start open gym generally start and the end of the last dates you quoted. I'm not aware of 18 games and a Tournament either but it may not be far off. Most al schools follow TSSAA Middle School Rules and those that don't have rules like them and maybe don't like to pay the fees.

OOH, a very good Middle School Program along with a Sharp AAU program can allow a high school, in most cases, to never have a Freshman Class, in talent level, to walk in their door as Freshman. Normally it is, at least, a Sophmore level talent wise or slightly higher. Emotionally may cause some difference, however.

Actually he got his information from me. i coach at a Middle school in Murfreesboro and everyone in our league is playing 17 regular season games this year plus a county tournament and the top 4 advance to the state sectional. so if you do the math that is approximately 23-25 games. And before you ask yes we are all under TMSAA which is a prt of TSSAA the rule book actually states that we can play 18 regular season games

Actually he got his information from me. i coach at a Middle school in Murfreesboro and everyone in our league is playing 17 regular season games this year plus a county tournament and the top 4 advance to the state sectional. so if you do the math that is approximately 23-25 games. And before you ask yes we are all under TMSAA which is a prt of TSSAA the rule book actually states that we can play 18 regular season games

You are correct and I stand corrected. I didn't remember that many games in Middle School unless the tournaments were long as you stated. I will say, Rutherford Middle Schools have a very good reputation for developing good players along with having a good AAU support group in the county.

uuuuuI'm not sure where you got your information but the Middle Schools I am familiar with don't have seasons quite as long. AAU for that age group start open gym generally start and the end of the last dates you quoted. I'm not aware of 18 games and a Tournament either but it may not be far off. Most al schools follow TSSAA Middle School Rules and those that don't have rules like them and maybe don't like to pay the fees.

OOH, a very good Middle School Program along with a Sharp AAU program can allow a high school, in most cases, to never have a Freshman Class, in talent level, to walk in their door as Freshman. Normally it is, at least, a Sophmore level talent wise or slightly higher. Emotionally may cause some difference, however.

So name a school in the City that has a very good middle school program and a sharp AAU program. I think your argument pretty much answered his question about city schools. Most middle schools feed multiple high schools and their is no continuity from 6th grade to 9th grade.

They're some strong freshman players out there, GPS has 3 strong ones and they all played for the Tennessee Xtreme 13u along with my daughter. My daughter has to play jv and varisty, she gets all her playing time on jv where she scored 26 points against Baylor and 16 against Walker Valley. She doesn't get much playing time on varsity because the coach already has his pick and they are seniors and juniors.

What school were the freshmen zoned for if they had stayed in the public school system I believe that is part of the problem. My brother graduated from Baylor and I attended McCallie and both have their pick of kids from all of the City schools the list of stars from those schools that could have starred for their community school is long and well known.

What school were the freshmen zoned for if they had stayed in the public school system I believe that is part of the problem. My brother graduated from Baylor and I attended McCallie and both have their pick of kids from all of the City schools the list of stars from those schools that could have starred for their community school is long and well known.

Not sure what school they would be zoned for if they were to attend public school. They all played with the Tennessee Xtreme 13u, all of them are attending different schools. Some are at GPS, Cleveland, Red Bank, Baylor, and CCS.

New top 10. Not a lot of change since the first guesses:

1-McMinn Central (previously 1)

2-Cleveland (prev 2)

3-Polk County (prev 3)

4-Walker Valley (prev 4)

5-Sequatchie (prev 6)

6-Chattanooga Christian (prev 7)

7-Bradley (prev 5)

8-Grundy (prev 9)

9-Baylor (prev 10)

10-Arts and Sciences (prev unranked)

Honorable mentions: Grace Academy, Tellico Plains, GPS, Brainerd, Red Bank (close losses against some good teams)

2-Cleveland (prev 2)

3-Polk County (prev 3)

4-Walker Valley (prev 4)

5-Sequatchie (prev 6)

7-Bradley (prev 5)

8-Grundy (prev 9)

9-Baylor (prev 10)

Honorable mentions: Grace Academy, Tellico Plains, GPS, Brainerd, Red Bank (close losses against some good teams)

Indian, things could change up a somewhat this week. I saw a list of the teams in the Best of Preps tournament. CSAS, Grace, Mcminn Central, Grundy, CCS, Baylor,Gps are all in it...Should be some good basketball this week.

2-Cleveland (prev 2)

3-Polk County (prev 3)

4-Walker Valley (prev 4)

5-Sequatchie (prev 6)

7-Bradley (prev 5)

8-Grundy (prev 9)

9-Baylor (prev 10)

kewl!