Thoughts on Clarkrange/JC game

midtensportsfan

Clarkrange won the first round against JC but they weren't nearly as dominant as most had said they would be. I do not see them beating JC in Gainesboro and it should be a great game when they meet in the Region finals and ultimately the state championship. Molly Heady was by far and away the best player on Clarkrange's team. She is the reason they were finally able to beat JC. If she gets into foul trouble against JC then Clarkrange will once again lose to their arch rival. None of the other players were able to do much against JC and the big girl from C'range just looked so out of place. I noticed the C'range girls and fans cheered like they had won the state championship when the game was over and rightfully so. After getting beat by a team 10 times in a row (exaggeration but it seems like it!) its good to get a victory even it was by the slightest margins on your home floor. C'range has yet to play a game away from home so i will hold out my opinion on them until i see them in Gainesboro.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What game were you watching? Clarkrange is easily a 15 point or better team than JC. Horrible officiating is the only thing that kept this game from being a blowout and anyone with eyes could see how this one was being called. The refs did all they could do to keep JC in the game but every time CR got out to a 10 point or better lead the nonsense began. Tasha Phillips spent half the game on the bench in foul trouble on some ridiculous calls. Other than Leonard the entire JC starting lineup was so nervous I don't see how they made it out on the floor. One of them was actually in the restroom throwing up before the game. Overall JC has no offense other than Leonard and the occassional three pointer from #50. They also, for the first time, have no bench. They do play great defense as they always do but with no offense they are the weakest JC team in ten years. State finals? You must be joking.

Clarkrange won the first round against JC but they weren't nearly as dominant as most had said they would be. I do not see them beating JC in Gainesboro and it should be a great game when they meet in the Region finals and ultimately the state championship. Molly Heady was by far and away the best player on Clarkrange's team. She is the reason they were finally able to beat JC. If she gets into foul trouble against JC then Clarkrange will once again lose to their arch rival. None of the other players were able to do much against JC and the big girl from C'range just looked so out of place. I noticed the C'range girls and fans cheered like they had won the state championship when the game was over and rightfully so. After getting beat by a team 10 times in a row (exaggeration but it seems like it!) its good to get a victory even it was by the slightest margins on your home floor. C'range has yet to play a game away from home so i will hold out my opinion on them until i see them in Gainesboro.

Midten, Molly is a great player, but don't forget about the 16 points that Kelly Reed dropped on Jackson Co. She also had a huge 5 second call on defense and hit a big three that changed momentum. Tasha Phillips got into foul trouble pretty early in the game. That took her out of the game. Tori Lowe and Hannah Green do so many things that never show up in the box score. I just think Molly would be the first to tell you it is a team thing at Clarkrange. They are all good because of each other.

What game were you watching? Clarkrange is easily a 15 point or better team than JC. Horrible officiating is the only thing that kept this game from being a blowout and anyone with eyes could see how this one was being called. The refs did all they could do to keep JC in the game but every time CR got out to a 10 point or better lead the nonsense began. Tasha Phillips spent half the game on the bench in foul trouble on some ridiculous calls. Other than Leonard the entire JC starting lineup was so nervous I don't see how they made it out on the floor. One of them was actually in the restroom throwing up before the game. Overall JC has no offense other than Leonard and the occassional three pointer from #50. They also, for the first time, have no bench. They do play great defense as they always do but with no offense they are the weakest JC team in ten years. State finals? You must be joking.

I agree that clarkrange looked like a better team on friday night. But home court advantge is a big deal. im not sayin the outcome will be different at JC, but i see clarkrange having more trouble against them. I was disappointed in the sportsmanship of the clarkrange fans and cheerleaders. Just because you finally beat us doesnt mean that you should rub it in our faces. I was not impressed by the clarkrange win, because of all the weapons that they have. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Well put. Jackson County plays the same great defense. But it's hard to beat the whole team. Next time we play it may be the Phillips girl who leads the team, may be Reed the next time. Who knows who it willl be. That's the great part about this team this year, got five starters on the floor who can score. Green didn't score (missed a few open shots), that was because she had a player assigned to her the whole game. That just leaves room for the passing lanes and spreads the floor to allow the Heady girl and Reed to get the ball where they can shoot or drive. If midtensportsmoron knew much about basketball he would know that, and the reason they weren't stopped.

Midtensportsmoron, good try at planting that seed of jealously and negativity. Our parents, community, and girls are too smart for that lousy attempt. Looks like we just started a streak of our own.

When I saw this stupid thread and who started it I knew it was just the same sad individual trying to stir the pot like always. Problem is that this year he can stir but he ain't got a stick. After getting smoked two games in a row I hope JC concentrates on their entire schedule this year and not fixates on CR like "sad sack" dufus MTSF apparently is doing. In short, JC's team this year is not very good. Good defense but not alot of skill on offense. No bench either. Don't obsess over CR, you have many teams on your schedule that can beat JC.

Also, JC is NOT CR's arch rival. That would be Clay County. JC's arch rival is Livingston Academy. At least that's the way it's been for the last decade or so.

And, if you ever come to any other CR games you'll see the fans always cheer and clap for the girls just like they did Friday night regardless of who they play. JC was just another team on the schedule. Nothing more. Get over it.

what game were you watchng it was close thuough out and the refs really hurt JC especially in 4th quarter and yes both teams were extremly nervous and both teams didn't show much offense.C'range only had 3 girls to score and Heady got half their points .She was 12 of 13 in last 5 minutes and c'range went to foul line 9 times in 4th quarter and JC 1 so C'RANGE won the game and refs didn't beat JC but c'range got the breaks especially in 4 th quarter but it was really a 4-5 point game not 9 and either team can win next game.I rem last year all 5 losses refs fault according to c'eange posters now show a little class for the very good team you have because your doing the same thing other negative posters are doing. Rem JC has won 14 0f last 18 games and JC has the same potenial to go to state finals as c'larkrange .GO 7A

anybody can say what they want it was a good game. but it always comes up that the refs have something to do with it and that is true they contral the outcome of many games. but jc cant blame it on them cause it just seemed that they could not hit anything. but thats ok yhey will meet again and maybe they will be ready and make it an even closer game. but it sounds like tssaa needs to do something with there refs dont yall agree..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I enjoyed the game, not especially the outcome, but it makes me really look forward to the next meeting /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'll try and get the refs a good meal before the next meeting and maybe they can be more relaxed. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

what game were you watchng it was close thuough out and the refs really hurt JC especially in 4th quarter and yes both teams were extremly nervous and both teams didn't show much offense.C'range only had 3 girls to score and Heady got half their points .She was 12 of 13 in last 5 minutes and c'range went to foul line 9 times in 4th quarter and JC 1 so C'RANGE won the game and refs didn't beat JC but c'range got the breaks especially in 4 th quarter but it was really a 4-5 point game not 9 and either team can win next game.

Consistency in officiating was definitely an issue during this match...I might see where JC fans were a little thrown off by the fact that the officials started calling more touch fouls on them during the 4th, sending CHS to the line, and ultimately sealing the deal; however, most of those fouls were made during the last 3 min of the game in an effort to stop the clock.

As for the Lady Buffs, they encountered this throughout the game. Fouls started mounting about 2 min into the 2nd quarter, and created an overall nervousness in their play. Im not certain if the girls from Jackson Co. were nervous, and if so I have know idea why; from what I can tell by many of the posts from JC fans, it seems they feel their team was just having an "off night". IMO, I felt the officials offered the JC two great opportunities to get themselves back in the ballgame. Once in the second quarter, in which the lead was cut to 2 points by halftime; and another in the second half, which happened not to be the time JC needed it most...during those last few minutes of play.

In reality, Clarkrange is the team to beat...just as JC was last year. CHS has gained experience and (thank God) the speed they lacked last year.

JC fans should be concerned with officiating, just as CHS fans; inconsistency hurts every body involved. The players eventually wind up playing timid and it makes it very difficult to learn from there mistakes...it is hard to learn from mistakes when you arent sure what they are : ) This early in the season, every one is just trying to become a better team. The real wins come in post season. TSSAA isnt helping our athletics when they allow faulty officiating to take place over and over...it's not fair to these young ladies and there needs to be more accountability on their part.