Catholic Farewell

IrishBBall

As the season and our time as a 3A program has come to a close, I wanted to take the time to thank the Irish for a great 4 year run. We obviously finished this year where so many had hoped we would finish in past seasons. Initially, everybody thought we would finish in the middle of the pack at best against the tough competition when we were placed in this region. We finished on top with winning records against A-E and Fulton when few thought we would even be able to compete.

To our players and coaches during this period, you are to be commended for your hard work, discipline, talent and faith. You have set a great example for future players and what it mean to be a part of this program.

To our opponents in the region, I tip my hat to you for the same. As a coach, I admire and appreciate all the hard work that goes in to making a program successful from the players, coaches, boosters, fans, etc. Our battles have been hard fought but I think there is a tremendous amount of respect between programs and players.There have been some UNBELIEVABLE games over the past few years.

To PHOTOMAN, Turtle, TadVols, Oppressed and the others, you do a great job supporting your teams! I've enjoyed the witty, at times sarcastic, exchanges we've had. Nothing great is ever accomplished without enthusiasm. I love your passion for the kids, the schools and the sport.

To all the players from the Region over the past 4 years, good luck in all you do in the future. There will be plenty of these guys playing on Saturdays and maybe even some on Sundays. There are plenty of life lessons to be learned from the athletic fields. Good lessons can be learned even from the accident in Scott Co. and the A-E problem late.

I guess it's time for us to take our 650 kids and battle Farragut, Maryville, Oak Ridge and others.

GOD BLESS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Photo, you might really have to seek therapy without the Bagpipe Lady and Gypsy as an outlet to vent. We know that you secretly have been trying to hookup with her for 4 years know and have been shunned /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks for all the times you wanted to argue with us.. You know it was all for fun. I for one will miss seeing that Funky offense you guys run.. However, as I stated before the State championship, "You all will be able to do the samething that you did in Region 2-3A and that's compete." I have said so many times that Football is the same no matter what district you're in so please go to your new region and prove my point..

Congratulations on winning your 1st Football title and even your last /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I couldn't resist. But real talk, Congratulations and the best of luck to you.

Let's GO AE!

Ohhh my god, please quit whining about your 650 kids, you just need to recruit a little harder. You kind of like it when the playing field is tilted your way, but whine when it goes the other way. PLEASE STOP WHINING!!!!

Brokedown, he's not whinning about the 650 kids they have at Cat, he's just telling you to get your big boys ready because these small boys from Cedar Bluff are ready to take you down... The school size don't matter in my opinion, Football is Football.

Brokedown, he's not whinning about the 650 kids they have at Cat, he's just telling you to get your big boys ready because these small boys from Cedar Bluff are ready to take you down... The school size don't matter in my opinion, Football is Football.

With the talent Catholic has in their youth football programs, they will be ready.

It's a shame we couldn't have been placed into Powell's region. We could have used an easy win.

Guess you win hypothetical games with our kids also! Must be nice having an unlimited zone and unlimited funds.

We've basically wiped the field with your team every time we've scrimmaged. Over the past 3 years, we're 38-2 and you're 19-15. Too bad your kid wasn't good enough to be recruited by us since all you do is accuse us of recruiting ALL of our players. We don't need hypothertical wins, we've got real ones. It is nice to have unlimited funds and zones.

This post was intended to compliment and show respect to our regional opponents, fans, and our team. Why don't you drag your sorry butt back over to the 4-5A site where you're equally unwanted. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

As the season and our time as a 3A program has come to a close, I wanted to take the time to thank the Irish for a great 4 year run. We obviously finished this year where so many had hoped we would finish in past seasons. Initially, everybody thought we would finish in the middle of the pack at best against the tough competition when we were placed in this region. We finished on top with winning records against A-E and Fulton when few thought we would even be able to compete.

To our players and coaches during this period, you are to be commended for your hard work, discipline, talent and faith. You have set a great example for future players and what it mean to be a part of this program.

To our opponents in the region, I tip my hat to you for the same. As a coach, I admire and appreciate all the hard work that goes in to making a program successful from the players, coaches, boosters, fans, etc. Our battles have been hard fought but I think there is a tremendous amount of respect between programs and players.There have been some UNBELIEVABLE games over the past few years.

To PHOTOMAN, Turtle, TadVols, Oppressed and the others, you do a great job supporting your teams! I've enjoyed the witty, at times sarcastic, exchanges we've had. Nothing great is ever accomplished without enthusiasm. I love your passion for the kids, the schools and the sport.

To all the players from the Region over the past 4 years, good luck in all you do in the future. There will be plenty of these guys playing on Saturdays and maybe even some on Sundays. There are plenty of life lessons to be learned from the athletic fields. Good lessons can be learned even from the accident in Scott Co. and the A-E problem late.

I guess it's time for us to take our 650 kids and battle Farragut, Maryville, Oak Ridge and others.

GOD BLESS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Photo, you might really have to seek therapy without the Bagpipe Lady and Gypsy as an outlet to vent. We know that you secretly have been trying to hookup with her for 4 years know and have been shunned /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Irish,

Congrats to KC for bringing the championship back to 2-3A! (Wish it could have been AC. We really did beat you guys on the second play down in the endzone when #6 caught that touchdown!) But life goes on and so does football. ( I wish we could take this group of kids and play you guys ONE MORE TIME!) I hate that Zack Vann missed his senior year playing football. He's always been a great kid. We all wish him well. You know as a die hard AC fan, I love to hate Catholic. We still will be pulling against you, however, I'm sure Coach Pemberton will take your small school and mold and make those young men into huge competitors in your new region. So... Good Luck and God Bless!