William Blount 2009

tpoole12

Hello Gov fans..

The banquet last night officially closed the 2008 season. We enjoyed a fine meal, watched the awards ceremonies and said goodbye to some fine young men. It was a tough year but a bad year of football is better than a good year of any other sport as far as I'm concerned.

We will miss our Seniors but its time to look to the future...........

Coach Meadows is back and he appears to be on a mission. Unlike a year ago we will return many starters. The future looks bright as many sophmores contributed last year along with the heard of juniors. The freshmen group is a great class and there are many up and coming atheletes in the middle schools programs. I've told every player that I've talked to that next season starts now. Its time to get bigger, stronger, faster and smarter. In the old days to be lineman you just had to be strong and dumb, to be a back you had to be strong, dumb and fast... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Those days are gone young Govenors. We as paremts and fans will support you and give our best. You must come together and give each other your best. In the classroom, the weightroom and on the field. I'll get off my soap box now....

tpoole12

GO GOVS

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have they hired any new coaches yet to help meadows? have there been interviews?

pretty sure they have hired James Rainer(quality hire all around) and I have heard rumor of 1 more but will wait for confirmation. BTW the banquet was top notch, and the motivational words by the "voice of the Govs" had me bending over to tighten my cleats, though when my old back finally let me bend over my not quite so playing shape gut all I saw was some old dress shoes hiding even older feet. Sighhhh I guess I'll just live through others a while.

Was a great banquet last night...best of luck to next year's group. I'm definately excited for next year, Emert has the boys working hard in the weight room and Meadows is coming back with a purpose. We've got two quarterbacks coming back a year stronger and smarter and some good sized linemen returning. Hopefully we'll get back to the playoffs in the new region.

pretty sure they have hired James Rainer(quality hire all around) and I have heard rumor of 1 more but will wait for confirmation. BTW the banquet was top notch, and the motivational words by the "voice of the Govs" had me bending over to tighten my cleats, though when my old back finally let me bend over my not quite so playing shape gut all I saw was some old dress shoes hiding even older feet. Sighhhh I guess I'll just live through others a while.

James Rainer, former Alcoa player?

Was a great banquet last night...best of luck to next year's group. I'm definately excited for next year, Emert has the boys working hard in the weight room and Meadows is coming back with a purpose. We've got two quarterbacks coming back a year stronger and smarter and some good sized linemen returning. Hopefully we'll get back to the playoffs in the new region.

I think that you will have three fine QB's next year in Owens, Witt, and Burton. Wasn't Burton the front runner for the varsity job before he got hurt last season? I realize that he ended up finishing the year in JV because of some off the field issues. What do you guys think - will we use one QB (if so, who) or do we use all three?

Hey guys

I'm sorry I started a thread then disappered but I've not been able to keep up with life the last few days. I lost my older brother a couple of weeks ago and things have been a blur. I hope I'm ready for the holidays. If I'm not I'm sure Mrs. tpoole12 will let me know..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I to am excited about next year. With all the returners we have coming back we should have a good team. We should be blessed with QB's but the question I have is who do you think our running back(s) will be. I've got my picks but will set on them a little while. One of them , I'm sure I can't spell his name any how............ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

Hey guys

I'm sorry I started a thread then disappered but I've not been able to keep up with life the last few days. I lost my older brother a couple of weeks ago and things have been a blur. I hope I'm ready for the holidays. If I'm not I'm sure Mrs. tpoole12 will let me know..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I to am excited about next year. With all the returners we have coming back we should have a good team. We should be blessed with QB's but the question I have is who do you think our running back(s) will be. I've got my picks but will set on them a little while. One of them , I'm sure I can't spell his name any how............ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

tpoole12

GO GOVS

hausenstaub - what do you think - even close?