William Blount 2009

tpoole12

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many returners are coming back this season?

At least 7-8 on both sides of the ball, plus all-region punter and one of the most promising young kickers we've had in awhile. Lots of speed. Backfield dominated by some fairly small but quick kids. Big strong fullback type who played quite a bit last year. Good size o-line, most all will be 2 or 3 year players (comment if you need to Tpoole).

Strong freshmen class from last year with a couple of really nice prospects. 4 returners with quarterback experience. At least two of those, if not used at qb, will be used elsewhere I think (receivers / dbs). I believe biggest losses are on defensive side.

I think it will be a team capable of scoring some points ... the defense will most likely play a huge role in what kind of success we might have.

I think most likely they will "go outside." Although they may receive an application from "within."

I am sure they will receive more than one application from "within" I am thinking two, but I would almost guarantee the hire will come from the "outside". I would not go as far to say the hire will not come from outside the county, just not from within WB.

i think the new head coach is part of the current staff. i think he will do an excellent job, and i wish them the best. go govs.

Are you thinking it is going to be Coach Emert? He was one of the two that I thought might apply that currently work at WB - the other is just a teacher.

An unnamed but very reliable source says,"The next head coach of WBHS will be someone who was not a part of the last year's staff."

i dont think it will be coach emmert, i think it will be a member of the current staff, but not last years staff. he will do a great job.