William Blount 2009

tpoole12

etcoach I agree with what you say, you are 100% correct

Gov man as far as "blowing smoke", it was not a literal refrence to smoking, it was a refrence to saying what people want to hear to get along with them or move up and you would think the man had killed someone, who cares if he smokes, our pres does. one person that wanted yes men around him is gone, hopefully the other will follow suit, kiss them their irish

You've got to be careful with me with that "figurative language" ... I'm such a "literal" person. Sorry for the misunderstanding. At one time, I really thought there was someone named "Jimmy" that was "cracking corn" somewhere and I couldn't figure out why the guy singing the song "didn't care". Then I realized it was just a fun song to sing, not to be taken literally.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... would have to disagree about Coach Gordon "blowin' smoke." I know he blew smoke in our new press box, behind the bleachers at Maryville, and in that little cage area beneath Governor stadium! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Squirrel-was always my favorite coach. He was my head coach on the undefeated Friendsville freshman team. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Yeah him and Louise Barnes....

ET I still have a sticking point when it come to WB..bitter about when my nephew played there and had three head coaches in four years....

Bitter, I am....

Fair enough. We know though as I have mentioned in other threads how difficult it is to keep someone who has success. WB is like a mid-major. Most coaches that have success here get offers that are much better than Blount County can offer. The few that can remain are usually just extremely loyal (hard to find) or have average to below average records (Mike White). Now I liked Coach White great guy good coach...but record was never very good here. Blount and Heritage find themselves in a very difficult predicament. As far as working here day in and day out....GREAT place to work and teach. A lot of really good kids to mentor. Believe me when I say it.....I rarely ever dread a day of work here at WB.

Gov-Man evun though me and MLREB witnussed tha "blowin' smoke"....behind the bleechers at Mairvul..Eye wood haiv gladly showed him whur tha old Mairvul "smokin' hole" hidin' places wuz at!!!!!!!!!......... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard that back in your day, teachers at Maryville would provide helpful comments to their students by saying things like, "Tic, your cigarettes fell out of your purse."

If parents want to send their children to MHS and AHS to play football when they should be at WB or Heritage, then that is their right. But I will say this......if you do, then those parents have NO RIGHT to bash the county schools when they actually contributed to the problem by taking their child out. If they had left their children in...then perhaps the success would be greater. Does this make sense? If I have a Star QB in middle school and then move him to a city school when he enters high school, it is not the school's fault that they don't have a freshman QB next year, it is my fault. My child ate up all the playing time in middle school and then left???????

etcoach....good post....Eye'm jest glad tha QB that Mairvul got frum Hairatige Middul Skool.... wuz livin' in tha Mairvul Citty limuts and shood haiv ben goin' two Mairvul all along...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You've got to be careful with me with that "figurative language" ... I'm such a "literal" person. Sorry for the misunderstanding. At one time, I really thought there was someone named "Jimmy" that was "cracking corn" somewhere and I couldn't figure out why the guy singing the song "didn't care". Then I realized it was just a fun song to sing, not to be taken literally.

Wait, wait, wait.....

Are you telling me that the itsy bitsy spider didn't climb the water spout? It was just a song? Next you are going to tell me Humpty Dumpty didn't fall off the wall either. I've felt bad for that guy my whole life.....

I heard that back in your day, teachers at Maryville would provide helpful comments to their students by saying things like, "Tic, your cigarettes fell out of your purse."

Tic....WOW! there's a name I havent heard in years....She could RUMBLE!

At Alnwick we could bum smokes off the 5th graders and get lighters from the lunch ladies.

Chief'em up by the railroad tracks.

Ah the good ole days /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

etcoach....good post....Eye'm jest glad tha QB that Mairvul got frum Hairatige Middul Skool.... wuz livin' in tha Mairvul Citty limuts and shood haiv ben goin' two Mairvul all along...... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was simply making a generalized statement. I have no idea who you are talking about and do not want to know. This was not a direct accusation at all. I could have easily said RB, WR, TE, whatever. I just have a problem when someone pulls their really good player out and then 2 years later wants to mention how bad the record is of the school from which they removed. Hello????? Of course they are strugging. It's really not anything that MHS and AHS have to deal with, and, due to their success, they really shouldn't.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....RR....That wuz sew long ago...That thangs like... Tha Dwarf (best resturunt two sneek off two)....The Rebull Flag on the yeerbook cuvver (and beeleeve hit ere knot, a skool simbull)...Stax shoos...Christmas Brake (intead ov Winter Brake)...Jeremiah Wuz A Bullfrog....Pintos (were on tha streat and tha plate)....MLREB and Stevun Marshull burnin' tha nets off in tha Old Gym....and Ms. Furgusson (weren't no doctor yet)......wuz steal in stile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was simply making a generalized statement. I have no idea who you are talking about and do not want to know. This was not a direct accusation at all. I could have easily said RB, WR, TE, whatever. I just have a problem when someone pulls their really good player out and then 2 years later wants to mention how bad the record is of the school from which they removed. Hello????? Of course they are strugging. It's really not anything that MHS and AHS have to deal with, and, due to their success, they really shouldn't.

Eye wood nevur dew such etcoach...Eye hope thay win 'em all...exsept one..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tic....WOW! there's a name I havent heard in years....She could RUMBLE!

At Alnwick we could bum smokes off the 5th graders and get lighters from the lunch ladies.

Chief'em up by the railroad tracks.

Ah the good ole days /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

APB....quit talkin' bout tha good ole days at tha 'Wick....Brangs teers two my I's.....Mr. Orr (jannytur)....lit minny a ciggie down by tha Jim....And tha hi-lite ov my time thair wuz ridin' home wif my klassmait, Verge....And ole Verge drivin' me home on tha last day ov skoll......We wuz in tha 6th graid and kool cats in that SS 396 Chevelle.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....RR....That wuz sew long ago...That thangs like... Tha Dwarf (best resturunt two sneek off two)....The Rebull Flag on the yeerbook cuvver (and beeleeve hit ere knot, a skool simbull)...Stax shoos...Christmas Brake (intead ov Winter Brake)...Jeremiah Wuz A Bullfrog....Pintos (were on tha streat and tha plate)....MLREB and Stevun Marshull burnin' tha nets off in tha Old Gym....and Ms. Furgusson (weren't no doctor yet)......wuz steal in stile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't see anyone burnin' the nets because of all the poles in the way...

The "Gunny" wasn't even a Marine back then.