William Blount 2009

tpoole12

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

would that be the SUMMEY that likes to intimidate (try to anyway) fans at football games.?

[/quote

Are you related to Dr. Dave? You guys must have coached the same team. Was it a winning team?

I myself, have been away on a shopping trip. Hope you guys remember your Moms on this Mother's Day.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish nothing but the best for the GOVS. I have many friends on the team and had some of the best times of my life at good ol' william blount until I moved to Kentucky. I hope they find a great coach and he can lead them to a very successful season. Any words on if any of the coaches are going to leave with meadows?

Fair enough. We know though as I have mentioned in other threads how difficult it is to keep someone who has success. WB is like a mid-major. Most coaches that have success here get offers that are much better than Blount County can offer. The few that can remain are usually just extremely loyal (hard to find) or have average to below average records (Mike White). Now I liked Coach White great guy good coach...but record was never very good here. Blount and Heritage find themselves in a very difficult predicament. As far as working here day in and day out....GREAT place to work and teach. A lot of really good kids to mentor. Believe me when I say it.....I rarely ever dread a day of work here at WB.

Squirrel-was always my favorite coach. He was my head coach on the undefeated Friendsville freshman team.

Whats this? There was no Friendsville Freshman Team.......... Man, you must be gettin old............

Plus, to all who jumped on the smokin thing............. let the old guy have his outlets, laugh and go on........... I know his motto is "do as I say, not as I do".

The main reason that the G-men do not play up to the storm across town has noting to do with gate. It has to do with morale and what the particular game means. A win against them is expected and even if they go to the championship game and win people would not give the G-men credit, the "torn" are in a lower class and are expected to loose to a team in the class the G-men are in. So winning that game does noting for them. In contrast, if they loose, the players loose confidence and then are degraded by their peers, and the community, "you guys cant even win over a team in a lower class" Why play them? No reason! The G-men took the last trian to Clarksville, they will not play them again and that from my understanding was a last min deal to fill the schedule. On the other hand, playing a team like the bears helps the team in more than one way 1-same class 2-gate just as big or bigger $$$ 3-Prepares the G-men for the playoffs, in fact they played them in the first round a couple of times. They have not got anything to gain by playing the torn and everything to loose.

As far as the coach who has been at the school since 79, thats not true, he has coached other places such as with the seamen in west knoxville. He is a good coach and would still be with the G-men if he had not been betrayed by hypicritical rats that had getting rid of him and rw as a top priority. His up front truthfulness was not liked, he did not blow smoke so to speak, and some cannot take that kind of honesty, they only want to surround themselves with yes men and rw and g are not yes men. Just sad they are gone because of that characteristic that all men should have, Integrity is something players see----you cannot teach that on the field or in the classroom, only by actions!

As far as the coach who has been at the school since 79, thats not true, he has coached other places such as with the seamen in west knoxville. He is a good coach and would still be with the G-men if he had not been betrayed by hypicritical rats that had getting rid of him and rw as a top priority. His up front truthfulness was not liked, he did not blow smoke so to speak, and some cannot take that kind of honesty, they only want to surround themselves with yes men and rw and g are not yes men. Just sad they are gone because of that characteristic that all men should have, Integrity is something players see----you cannot teach that on the field or in the classroom, only by actions!

lowkee, who ever you are............... you seem to have things in perspective.............. I appreciate you appreciating integrity and all the other things some have tried to instill in the WB players. I think players believe truth, integrity, and genuine personality are what they believe in and they will bust butt to do what they're coached to do. Of course, thats just an opinion. But thanks for your remarks.

Squirrel-was always my favorite coach. He was my head coach on the undefeated Friendsville freshman team.

Whats this? There was no Friendsville Freshman Team.......... Man, you must be gettin old............

Plus, to all who jumped on the smokin thing............. let the old guy have his outlets, laugh and go on........... I know his motto is "do as I say, not as I do".

I'm even a little older than redrebels. And I still remember my Friendsville freshman team. Coach Gordon had not arrived on the scene quite yet ... coaches were Charley Finley and Ken Byrd. Played Walland, Seymour, Porter ... a couple more that I can't remember. I can't remember if it was my sophomore year (1977-78) or junior year that Coach Gordon arrived at FHS. Pretty sure it was my sophomore year, cause I think we combined frosh/soph that year and played a few games and I think he was our coach? LBCoach, you have any recollection of this? Can you confirm or deny?

LB, would you agree or disagree with my hypothesis that "you can't coach kids the same way today that you could 30 years ago."

LadyRebFan you called Sequoyah yet?. You still haven't came out from behind the computer? I guess when you tell lies it makes it difficult to "step up" and "raise the bar" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

LadyRebFan you called Sequoyah yet?. You still haven't came out from behind the computer? I guess when you tell lies it makes it difficult to "step up" and "raise the bar" /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Dude let it go. She has her opinion and you have yours. This topic should remain on WB, and not some personnel vandetta. Being a dentist you are obviously highly intelligent so take the high road and let it go. Keeping an argument going only makes people look foolish and in your profession you definitly don't need that.

Has your buddy applied for the job? I forgot his name so I honestly do not mean buddy in a derogatory way. And is he already at Blount?

I'm even a little older than redrebels. And I still remember my Friendsville freshman team. Coach Gordon had not arrived on the scene quite yet ... coaches were Charley Finley and Ken Byrd. Played Walland, Seymour, Porter ... a couple more that I can't remember. I can't remember if it was my sophomore year (1977-78) or junior year that Coach Gordon arrived at FHS. Pretty sure it was my sophomore year, cause I think we combined frosh/soph that year and played a few games and I think he was our coach? LBCoach, you have any recollection of this? Can you confirm or deny?

LB, would you agree or disagree with my hypothesis that "you can't coach kids the same way today that you could 30 years ago."

Too many years ago to know your first question.............. Your hypothesis I might have a question with. I willl need to ponder that question. I can tell you that there are many issues now that weren't then......... I can assure you that your hypothesis won't get an easy or short reply, and it will be only my opinion based on personal experiences...... NO BS from me.

Hey Govenor fans, just a quick question for ya, rumor down this way is that Coach Gregory has applied for the open head coaching job, was wondering if there was any truth to the rumor? I will tell you this, if it is true, WBlount will be in good hands, the man knows football. Two of the best coaches in the area (Meadows and Gregory) came thru this area and we are still kicking ourselves for letting them get away. Anyway somebody help me out with the rumors?

Dude let it go. She has her opinion and you have yours. This topic should remain on WB, and not some personnel vandetta. Being a dentist you are obviously highly intelligent so take the high road and let it go. Keeping an argument going only makes people look foolish and in your profession you definitly don't need that.

Has your buddy applied for the job? I forgot his name so I honestly do not mean buddy in a derogatory way. And is he already at Blount?

"Dude" if she told the same lies about a friend of yours, you would not see it as a "vandetta" (vendetta) as you call it.