Appropriate behavior for coaches?

gooddog

i have gone to some games this year and seen some teams who are awful. you can tell the referees and the fans just want the game over with. referees seemingly let little things go on both ends or especially the end where the awful team is. yet the head coach of the awful team is screaming for everything. i'm sitting there thinking "just sit down and shut up, your team is terrible."

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have gone to some games this year and seen some teams who are awful. you can tell the referees and the fans just want the game over with. referees seemingly let little things go on both ends or especially the end where the awful team is. yet the head coach of the awful team is screaming for everything. i'm sitting there thinking "just sit down and shut up, your team is terrible."

Would you rather he or she give up on thier players? In the long run, a player on a losing team whose coach teaches a compete til the end work ethic, is better served than a player on a team winning with superior talent and an arrorgant ungrateful attitude. If the coach quits everybody quits.

Would you rather he or she give up on thier players? In the long run, a player on a losing team whose coach teaches a compete til the end work ethic, is better served than a player on a team winning with superior talent and an arrorgant ungrateful attitude. If the coach quits everybody quits.

I haven't seen many but I have seen some that have quit. It's a reflection on the town, the school, the administration, the rest of the coaches on the staff, the student body and while I might only be there watching, its a replection on me to let all of the above see that I am there watching and doing nothing too. If you are going to coach, stick it out HARD till you finish the job. Quitting is contageous and honestly sickening.

I haven't seen many but I have seen some that have quit. It's a reflection on the town, the school, the administration, the rest of the coaches on the staff, the student body and while I might only be there watching, its a replection on me to let all of the above see that I am there watching and doing nothing too. If you are going to coach, stick it out HARD till you finish the job. Quitting is contageous and honestly sickening.

I have seen a few teams who are down on talent; however, their coach keeps coaching no matter who is on the floor. The coaches at Mount Pleasant and Zion do a good job of continuously coaching throughout the game.

Keep coaching. I coach all my players like they are the vital part of our success...because they are! Someone asked why do I get on kids so hard when we have a 30 point lead and the starters are on the bench. If I don't hold them to the same standard as the starters, what will I do when they have to step into a starting role due to foul trouble, sickness etc.???

Keep coaching. I coach all my players like they are the vital part of our success...because they are! Someone asked why do I get on kids so hard when we have a 30 point lead and the starters are on the bench. If I don't hold them to the same standard as the starters, what will I do when they have to step into a starting role due to foul trouble, sickness etc.???

wow.... i really wish my coach was more like you