New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

I'm gonna through a name out there just for fun, but before i do i want to list credentials for both candidates.

Candidate #1:

Won a state championship this year but was only an offensive line coach.

Has never had a head coaching position.

Has bounced around knoxville area schools for the past 4 years.

Candidate #2

Head coach for Oak Ridge when they won their last state championship

Has taken a team to the semifinals the past two years in 4A

Took the same team to the quarterfinals three years ago

Candidate #1: Ron Grey

Candidate #2: Joe Gaddis

Facts and statistics don't happen by chance. Lets hope the administrators make the right decision this time.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know if he wants to come back?

He wants to come back. He was the leading candidates in 2005 for the position. His kids graduated from here. He loved coaching here. He loves rebuilding programs and its obvious we need it right now. This a high profile job. Why would he not wana come back.

A few of my choices would be:

1).Alcoa Coach, Gary Rankin, one of the best coaches in the state. GO AFTER HIM !

2). Henry Co. Coach, Joe Gaddis.

3) First-year Oakland Coach Thomas McDaniel, the 2008 5-A Champions. (Talk about turning a team around) !

4). Maryville Coach, George Quarles, the best coach in the state. We probably don't stand a chance of getting him, but go after him anyway !

5). Hillsboro Coach, Scott Blade.

6). Doug Martin, quarterback of the 1979 & 1980 Wildcat Championship team, and long time successful collage coach.

7). Ooltewah Coach, Benny Monroe.

8). Franklin Coach, Thomas McDaniel.

9). South Pittsburgh Coach, Vic Grider.

10). M.S.U. Coach, Bobby Alston.

1).Alcoa Coach, Gary Rankin, one of the best coaches in the state. GO AFTER HIM !

3) First-year Oakland Coach Thomas McDaniel, the 2008 5-A Champions. (Talk about turning a team around) !

4). Maryville Coach, George Quarles, the best coach in the state. We probably don't stand a chance of getting him, but go after him anyway !

6). Doug Martin, quarterback of the 1979 & 1980 Wildcat Championship team, and long time successful collage coach.

This is a great list of candidates I would also include tommy Laurendine though

Don't know if you can get Bobby Alston, I think he makes a killing at MUS. I think John Reid the coach at East Paulding High in Georgia would be good. He won 2 state titles at Alcoa before Rankin took the job.

1).Alcoa Coach, Gary Rankin, one of the best coaches in the state. GO AFTER HIM ! (Not happening, why would he leave Alcoa?)

2). Henry Co. Coach, Joe Gaddis. (This would be a SMART pick)

3) First-year Oakland Coach Thomas McDaniel, the 2008 5-A Champions. (There is a chance here and could be a solid pick)

4). Maryville Coach, George Quarles, the best coach in the state. (NO CHANCE AT ALL, GIVE UP THE DREAM)

5). Hillsboro Coach, Scott Blade. (Maybe but probably not)

6). Doug Martin, quarterback of the 1979 & 1980 Wildcat Championship team, and long time successful collage coach. (Why would he leave Kent State for Oak Ridge?)

7). Ooltewah Coach, Benny Monroe. (TOO MUCH TALENT STEALING FROM CHATT.)

8). Franklin Coach (Why?)

9). South Pittsburgh Coach, Vic Grider. (Probably doesn't want to leave a place he could be mayor of)

10). M.S.U. Coach, Bobby Alston. (Are you serious? This guy makes 100K per year, plus can recruit, plus has the best facilities in the state) No chance. Plus it's M.U.S. as in Memphis University School

11. What about the D coordinator at Alcoa? I have seen him the past few years, he is young passionate, and seems to be a player's coach.