New Oak Ridge Head Football Coach

SPLITBACK

No disrespect intended here either, but this committee only has three members and they're not talking, especially to a Knoxville news reporter. I think the Knoxville news reporter may have said he had inside info, but I don't think that's the case, they're not mentioning any names to anybody. They might mention how many they've talked to, but they're not giving names.

I would trust you guys more than the Knoxville media. I just relayed what I had heard. I don't think there's anything to it myself, but who knows. Guess we'll all find out soon enough.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't bother me whoever it is as long as they can coach and are dedicated to winning, but I'm sure you will be upset that it won't be Ron.

Ole Dad

If you own your own business what is your attrition rate? All of these other schools may have had someone in mind, you do know that there is much more to it than just hiring a guy at OR right?

You are going to be upset but I hope it is not Bruce or Joe.

Fulmer sounds good. As I said, I don't care, but I do think it needs to be new blood that has no local baggage. I have nothing against Ron except I think he will be a 50/50 coach. Half will love him and half will hate him. I think we need someone who can come in a get the program and its fans united in winning ways again with much more fan support than 50/50. Ron is doing great where he is. He had a fantastic year and should be proud.

Ole Dad

It will not be Joe or Bruce either, I know you hate Ron for reasons you will not say. Who do you want?

Ole Dad is right on about new blood, why would you want to come here and already have half the town love you if the other half hates you and will not support the program. This fits Joe Gaddis, Bruce Lussier and Ron Grey. Probably even Emory Hale even if you could get him to come out of retirement. I know all these guys and consider them friends and one of them said this very thing to me.

Hire someone new with a new staff and start over with NO baggage.

I don't think they could hire someone that would satisfy everyone. I think the only guys that could unite everyone are huge names like Quarles or Doug Martin and neither of those guys are coming. Doesn't matter who it is there will always be a crowd that loves the hire, a crowd that hates it, and a crowd that is indifferent. The only way the town will be united is if the program starts winning. If the team starts winning, the opposition will shut up and the indifferent people will be swayed. It's as simple as that, people in Oak Ridge are fickle. Heck, if Stanton Stevens had kept winning, he wouldn't have gotten so much crap. I don't care who gets hired...I'd like to see Ron Gray get hired because I'm friends with him and I have no doubt he could win a lot of games, but I'm not going to be upset off if he isn't. I'll support whoever the new coach is until he gives me cause to not support him...just like Stanton Stevens. I was disappointed Ron wasn't hired but I supported the new coach.

Hey Lost Old Dude er Dad you ARE the man. Just watched a BBQ program on the tube and some dingy girl in New Yoooork City said ribs were yummy. Give me a break there never has been a rib that was yummy cause a yummy rib wouldn't be fit to eat. Messy, hot, spicy, just plain good anything but yummy! If there wasn't something big happening tomorrow ( now what is going on tomorrow) I might smoke up a bunch, nah too cold.

We'll get us a coach that will kick some tail, and maybe us Oak Ridgers might need to go to the Riverdale thread and show you all how to whine,cry and moan about your coach.

And always remember it's never to early to start hating that bunch over to Farragut. Or Clinton either, ever if they do have "cute Andy"

Smoker firing up in the morning in cold Florida. Butts and Ribs. Come on down Bounder. Ready by 6.

Ole Dad

Hey Lost Old Dude er Dad you ARE the man. Just watched a BBQ program on the tube and some dingy girl in New Yoooork City said ribs were yummy. Give me a break there never has been a rib that was yummy cause a yummy rib wouldn't be fit to eat. Messy, hot, spicy, just plain good anything but yummy! If there wasn't something big happening tomorrow ( now what is going on tomorrow) I might smoke up a bunch, nah too cold.

We'll get us a coach that will kick some tail, and maybe us Oak Ridgers might need to go to the Riverdale thread and show you all how to whine,cry and moan about your coach.

And always remember it's never to early to start hating that bunch over to Farragut. Or Clinton either, ever if they do have "cute Andy"

Thanks Dad since the 20th of Dec I've only been home about a total of three weeks and one of those I had the flu. Took the flu shot but must have been the wrong one. I don't know though... the big Bounder might make it but I don't think the little bounder (me) could. Enjoy and eat a big ole slab for Lost Old Dad... Bless his heart loves ribs but I don't think he can cook em himself. I'm going to the Elk's till half time, my friend Jack from Lynchburg will probably make me go home then. Actually it's the wife, she isn't going and since I will have to drive... twos the limit. Besides I have one of them big screens over to the house. And Jack has been known to be found at my house now and again.