Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

You are welcome for the english lessons, i was mostly kidding. Here's the deal, I'm not trying to bust on # 20. He is a kid who is trying his best and helping his team. He is a good little running back for sure. But no one but you and your bud's on here like LOD and TD, etc would even, in their wildest dreams consider him a Mr. Football Finalist or even with that kind of potential. And instead of seeing that, you are sure that he is and the reason he is not is because of Coach A and the wing-T that he runs. This continues to be a thread with 4 or 5 guys like you against a 100 others who see it clearly. Glad to hear you don't drink and since you don't, is there any thing else that would make you NOT see reality?

while LOD and TDCman are the only one on coach T saying anything there are way too many other supporters who share our concern...and our issues...in fact this is really the only place that people disagree with us other than MR Nolan ...went to a chili supper for the football team and the support was very weak...which brings me to another piont i have never heard of RIVERDALE doing a fund raiser like this for football we didnt even raise funds when I played in the mid 80s...and this is the second fundraiser by the team this year so a lot of people are speaking they just arent on coach T

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while LOD and TDCman are the only one on coach T saying anything there are way too many other supporters who share our concern...and our issues...in fact this is really the only place that people disagree with us other than MR Nolan ...went to a chili supper for the football team and the support was very weak...which brings me to another piont i have never heard of RIVERDALE doing a fund raiser like this for football we didnt even raise funds when I played in the mid 80s...and this is the second fundraiser by the team this year so a lot of people are speaking they just arent on coach T

Proof that turkeys flock and sqawk together. That is all your statement means.

And everyone still expects the team to win with admitted weak support. What a bunch of losers. Great example for the kids.

I've seen this happen at a several top notch schools. And the "supporters" never admit to or take responsibility for their huge role in the downfall. Just think how much more you could accomplish if everyone was pumping up the kids and the coaches and the program instead of griping and complaining.

Your "supporters" have sown the seeds of doubt and dissention. And yet you still expect playoff runs. Your "supporters" have been "On Board Terrorists" that have caused the destruction of what was once a great and proud tradition.

Rutherford County has changed. Unlike the Rankin years, you dont get near the number or high level of athletes you once got. And you never will if you keep this mess up. What kid or parent of a kid would send their child to R'Dale with all of the foolishness going on?

Shut up and give them a chance. You "supporters" have done enough damage. Apologies for the "shut-up" its not directed at you personally, its the "shut up and play" type.

Your "supporters" have sown the seeds of doubt and dissention. And yet you still expect playoff runs. Your "supporters" have been "On Board Terrorists" that have caused the destruction of what was once a great and proud tradition.

a little harsh - i think you give way too much credit to a message board for the outcome of a season and the state of a program

a little harsh - i think you give way too much credit to a message board for the outcome of a season and the state of a program

I wasnt as clear as I should have been. I'm not talking just about the coacht posters. I'm referring to R'Man's assertion of the number of "supports" who feel the same way, yet do not post on coacht.

There have been naysayers since Aydelot went to R'Dale. They have indeed hurt the program. What these "supports" wont admit is their role in the grumblings, complaining, and bull they stirred up. And the seeds of defeat they planted.

Their beloved Rankin left and they havent gotten over it yet. And they wont admit why Rankin left. They give him credit for being a great coach, but apparently dont give him credit in being able to see where his program was headed, despite being such a good coach and judge of talent. Doesnt quite fit, does it? Duh.

I wasnt as clear as I should have been. I'm not talking just about the coacht posters. I'm referring to R'Man's assertion of the number of "supports" who feel the same way, yet do not post on coacht.

There have been naysayers since Aydelot went to R'Dale. They have indeed hurt the program. What these "supports" wont admit is their role in the grumblings, complaining, and bull they stirred up. And the seeds of defeat they planted.

Their beloved Rankin left and they havent gotten over it yet. And they wont admit why Rankin left. They give him credit for being a great coach, but apparently dont give him credit in being able to see where his program was headed, despite being such a good coach and judge of talent. Doesnt quite fit, does it? Duh.

this is not true coach A had the support from the beginning even after the McCallie loss everyone was still behind him while i have never been a wing T fan i still gave him his respect he deserved it is only after watching these past 3 years and the overall of things that has changed me...i have been going to RIVERDALE games for A LONG TIME And i cannot remember a year where from start to finish we stayed the same and we have done that for 3 years our TEAM has not improved we make the same makes in the last game as we did in the first game

but the complaining hasnt been from the start Rankin had been looking for a job for years in fact many said he would leave in97 after Locke left then they said he would leave after ralph left so Rankin leaving was inevitable and its ok that he left. now you do have people saying if Rankin was here we would have won at least 1 and possibly 2 state championships but they understand he was ready to move on and he did and so have we and i think we need to move on again

If you truly knew some of us you would realize some of us were GLAD Rankin left and supported Coach A at the beginning. It was only after the losing started and got worse over these last three years that some wanted him gone.

When you have an entire D1 O-line and still cannot win with the WingT it SHOULD tell you something is WRONG!

True R'dale supporters have never blamed the players as they know it is the play calling and total lack of defensive scheme that was wrong. It is the Metro Mafia that was blaming it on the players and the fumbling. So your blaming us dog does NOT hunt!

this is not true coach A had the support from the beginning even after the McCallie loss everyone was still behind him while i have never been a wing T fan i still gave him his respect he deserved it is only after watching these past 3 years and the overall of things that has changed me...i have been going to RIVERDALE games for A LONG TIME And i cannot remember a year where from start to finish we stayed the same and we have done that for 3 years our TEAM has not improved we make the same makes in the last game as we did in the first game

but the complaining hasnt been from the start Rankin had been looking for a job for years in fact many said he would leave in97 after Locke left then they said he would leave after ralph left so Rankin leaving was inevitable and its ok that he left. now you do have people saying if Rankin was here we would have won at least 1 and possibly 2 state championships but they understand he was ready to move on and he did and so have we and i think we need to move on again

Coaches often hint they are leaving just to see how much support they have. Rankin does that to this day. But when the talent and open zoning left, guess who else left? He saw the handwriting. Good coach, good vision of the future. Saw it coming.

I heard from a good source that the DC is Wells.

I agree that the talent was down....nowhere near the calibur of the teams of Riverdale past. I doubt anyone will ever be able to rival the amount of speed and talent or number of coaches that those teams had.

Wells is the new DC, (confirmed) and Smithson is about to sign with Carson-Newman also (confirmed). I also agree that the talent level is now spread out across the county and as far as the talent that Riverdale still has...most of them are trying to trandfer to either Oakland or Blackman just to get in a better system. Now do I agree with that, absolutely not. You can't quit on your Coaches just because you don't think their system is the best out there, but what do they know they're teenagers. They all should just be happy that they have a chance to play because there are alot of kids on the sidelines who don't complain and don't get to play. Have a little FAITH Warriors fans.

Coaches often hint they are leaving just to see how much support they have. Rankin does that to this day. But when the talent and open zoning left, guess who else left? He saw the handwriting. Good coach, good vision of the future. Saw it coming.

Some also do it just to see how much money they can get also. Vision THAT! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If you truly knew some of us you would realize some of us were GLAD Rankin left and supported Coach A at the beginning. It was only after the losing started and got worse over these last three years that some wanted him gone.

When you have an entire D1 O-line and still cannot win with the WingT it SHOULD tell you something is WRONG!

True R'dale supporters have never blamed the players as they know it is the play calling and total lack of defensive scheme that was wrong. It is the Metro Mafia that was blaming it on the players and the fumbling. So your blaming us dog does NOT hunt!

Where were those D1 players this year? Oops, I guess its not fair to mention how those mean old college coaches totally ignored R'Dale this year. They must all be idiots and are trying to stick it to Aydelot because he is such a bad, mean, wingt running idiot of a coach.

Lets talk a little more current. LOD, your dog and your lame arguments havent hunted in a long time. Still blaming the coach, pretty weak at best.

Aydelot had much less than stellar talent to work with. You are right, the players are not to be blamed. They cant help the genetics, or lack of, that they inherited. Nor can they help the way they were raised. So the inherited athletic ability was given to them by their parents. Their raising and work ethic was given to them by their parents. The griping and complaining is done by the supporters, who for the largest parts are the PARENTS. And yet you want to blame the coach. Pathetic.

Your dog is blind, lame, and cant sniff out a horse turd in a barn stall.

Some also do it just to see how much money they can get also. Vision THAT! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That when without saying for the benefit of those who still have common sense. Thanks for identifying your level.