Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

Im talking about plays ran.

I will say it does not use mulitple weapons. It splits carries among numerous players when at times one of those players is clearly the best rb but due top as you say using multiple weapons that player may get 6 or 7 carries.

That "hybrid wing t" as you call it. I call it running sideways

As far as use of weapons ---

If you are a top notch wr and you hear adeylott is coming to town are you excited? You shouldn't be. My 80 yr old aunt could play wr for riverdale

If you are a true QB are you excited to play for him? No need for a qb coach to teach proper drop etc you won't need it.

Riverdale went to playing for state chamionships to not even making the playoffs under his watch thats all the proof you need.

heres how the wing t has worked for riverdale

state champs - rankin

loss in semis- rankin

loss in quarter - adeylott

loss in early round - adeylott

out of playoffs - adeylott

as dr phil would say how is that working for ya!!

Living on those islands have made you blind to what is going on in Rutherford County and why R'Dale isnt on top any more. The Wing T offense is debatable. The change of zoning, rules, and enforcement is not. You are trying to blame an offense when in fact it is county policy changes and enforcement that have effected R'Dale much much more than the coach and the offense he favors.

Good grief, this is the same old argument all over again.

I have an idea, instead of posting all the same bull all over again, can everyone agree to just go read through this thread again. Its all already here.

Unless someone has something new to add, which I completely doubt, lets refrain from beating this dead horse.

If Aydelott goes to R'Wood, then he goes and everyone can start in on who the new coach will be and why he wont work out.

Until then, Aydelott IS the R'Dale coach. Get over it. The Wing T will be the offense.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living on those islands have made you blind to what is going on in Rutherford County and why R'Dale isnt on top any more. The Wing T offense is debatable. The change of zoning, rules, and enforcement is not. You are trying to blame an offense when in fact it is county policy changes and enforcement that have effected R'Dale much much more than the coach and the offense he favors.

Good grief, this is the same old argument all over again.

I have an idea, instead of posting all the same bull all over again, can everyone agree to just go read through this thread again. Its all already here.

Unless someone has something new to add, which I completely doubt, lets refrain from beating this dead horse.

If Aydelott goes to R'Wood, then he goes and everyone can start in on who the new coach will be and why he wont work out.

Until then, Aydelott IS the R'Dale coach. Get over it. The Wing T will be the offense.

I am sure he is perfectly content with Coach A at Riverdale, as am I. Its the same stuff all over again because you guys cant see the writing on the wall. The talent may be down, but not enough to go from perennial power house to has-been. You guys act like TDC and LOD are the exception to the rule, quite the contrary, they represent a majority of the Riverdale fan base. Like I said, when he has hired at Riverdale, Coach A knew from day 1 he would have to win and win BIG. I would maybe have a little sympathy for him if he made a little effort to promote the program. At Hillsboro, he won big because he had talent oozing out of that place. When he has to coach against an equal or better, he cannot do it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at Hillsboro because it wasnt fair to judge a man on his record against Gerorge Quarles. I would be willing to bet that Oakland could take that Riverdale team and have a comparable season, most of those coaches being guys in which Coach A ran off...............

I am sure he is perfectly content with Coach A at Riverdale, as am I. Its the same stuff all over again because you guys cant see the writing on the wall. The talent may be down, but not enough to go from perennial power house to has-been. You guys act like TDC and LOD are the exception to the rule, quite the contrary, they represent a majority of the Riverdale fan base. Like I said, when he has hired at Riverdale, Coach A knew from day 1 he would have to win and win BIG. I would maybe have a little sympathy for him if he made a little effort to promote the program. At Hillsboro, he won big because he had talent oozing out of that place. When he has to coach against an equal or better, he cannot do it. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at Hillsboro because it wasnt fair to judge a man on his record against Gerorge Quarles. I would be willing to bet that Oakland could take that Riverdale team and have a comparable season, most of those coaches being guys in which Coach A ran off...............

How much would you be willing to bet? You would lose. Oakland had better talent. Period. The previous two years, Smyrna had better talent. Period.

There are a number of reasons why. Zoning, coaching, support and lack of support, etc. and so on and so on. It all runs in cycles. R'Dale is in a down cycle that starts with a lack of talent and lack of support. I would love my kids and grandkids to have played for Aydelott, but I sure as heck wouldnt want them playing at R'Dale during all this mess that was stirred up by "supporters and ex assistant coaches."

And yet, Aydelott gets blamed for those athletes that dont come to R'Dale any more. He didnt create the controversy. The "supporters" did. I'm not talking just about LOD and TDC. I'm talking about the who passle of crybabies that have infested and infected the program. And yet they call themselves "supporters"

Get real

Poor dead horse.

you mention that smyrna had better talent the previous 2 years and yet we beat them 49-0 and 35-32 (or something lke that) and lost to them 9-7 so i find it hard to belive that they were better and a lot of people talk about schoalrships we had more go D1 scholarships then they did during that time

when does spring ball start at riverdale?

How much would you be willing to bet? You would lose. Oakland had better talent. Period. The previous two years, Smyrna had better talent. Period.

There are a number of reasons why. Zoning, coaching, support and lack of support, etc. and so on and so on. It all runs in cycles. R'Dale is in a down cycle that starts with a lack of talent and lack of support. I would love my kids and grandkids to have played for Aydelott, but I sure as heck wouldnt want them playing at R'Dale during all this mess that was stirred up by "supporters and ex assistant coaches."

And yet, Aydelott gets blamed for those athletes that dont come to R'Dale any more. He didnt create the controversy. The "supporters" did. I'm not talking just about LOD and TDC. I'm talking about the who passle of crybabies that have infested and infected the program. And yet they call themselves "supporters"

Get real

Poor dead horse.

Oakland didnt have better talent, they just won by being more physical and working harder than the next team. All I see are excuses. Is Coach A a good coach? Yes, but not sure if he is the right coach to lead Riverdale. These folks that you go out of your way to demean, expect great things from their programs and the talent is still there to do as such. Programs like Riverdale transcend any downward cycle, at the very least, make the playoffs.

Their defense, or lack thereof, is the classic case of what has transpired in 3 years. Riverdale had a defense that was truly feared, swarming to the ball, creating havoc. Even the 1st 2 years on the job, Riverdale had a defense that was worthy of the Rankin era and other great teams. Then, Coach A hires on of his "buddies", who pretty much had no idea what it took to deliver a Championship-caliber defense. I dont even know why I care, but if your content with Riverdale cranking out 6-7 or wins and making the playoffs more often than not and nothing more, by all means, be content.

Aydelott is going to be at Riverdale,you will not be getting a new coach anytime soon. I promise you this is true. Go find another team to follow,he is not leaving. You might as well give up on him leaving.

How many times. Coach Aydelott is at Riverdale and going to be at Riverdale. Wing-T included. He is not going to Ravenwood except to see his kids.

Oakland didnt have better talent, they just won by being more physical and working harder than the next team. All I see are excuses. Is Coach A a good coach? Yes, but not sure if he is the right coach to lead Riverdale. These folks that you go out of your way to demean, expect great things from their programs and the talent is still there to do as such. Programs like Riverdale transcend any downward cycle, at the very least, make the playoffs.

Their defense, or lack thereof, is the classic case of what has transpired in 3 years. Riverdale had a defense that was truly feared, swarming to the ball, creating havoc. Even the 1st 2 years on the job, Riverdale had a defense that was worthy of the Rankin era and other great teams. Then, Coach A hires on of his "buddies", who pretty much had no idea what it took to deliver a Championship-caliber defense. I dont even know why I care, but if your content with Riverdale cranking out 6-7 or wins and making the playoffs more often than not and nothing more, by all means, be content.

Oakland without a doubt had better talent. If you dont think so then you are crazy. Oaklands staff did a great job so dont think I am taking anything away from them but the talent was better no doubt. It was obvious when you all played Franklin that you all had far superior talent than the other Rutherford/Wilson Co. teams. Against Franklin you all lined up and ran off tackle right, off tackle left the whole night. Yes you were more physical but that had to do with your talented line and your talented back, I think his name is Precious or something. Years before it was Smyrna that was more talented. Smyrna, like you all, had good coaching but it was the talent that set them above the rest. What other team had the Sonny and Rod show? Throw in Bryson and a few other supporting cast members and it was talent that prevailed.

Like someone said earlier, Coach A is the coach and he is not going anywhere. Luckily for Riverdale Nolan actually knows what he is doing and he knows that Coach A is a good coach and the right coach for Riverdale. Support your coaches, support your team as a whole and you all will be better off. I think warhawk says it best......go warriors. And Im not even a Riverdale fan.

Oakland without a doubt had better talent. If you dont think so then you are crazy. Oaklands staff did a great job so dont think I am taking anything away from them but the talent was better no doubt. It was obvious when you all played Franklin that you all had far superior talent than the other Rutherford/Wilson Co. teams. Against Franklin you all lined up and ran off tackle right, off tackle left the whole night. Yes you were more physical but that had to do with your talented line and your talented back, I think his name is Precious or something. Years before it was Smyrna that was more talented. Smyrna, like you all, had good coaching but it was the talent that set them above the rest. What other team had the Sonny and Rod show? Throw in Bryson and a few other supporting cast members and it was talent that prevailed.

Like someone said earlier, Coach A is the coach and he is not going anywhere. Luckily for Riverdale Nolan actually knows what he is doing and he knows that Coach A is a good coach and the right coach for Riverdale. Support your coaches, support your team as a whole and you all will be better off. I think warhawk says it best......go warriors. And Im not even a Riverdale fan.

If it was all about talent, then how was Oakland 11-29 the previous 4 years? I am not going to say that we had no talent, but we had kids that believed in the coaching that was given to them and worked harder than any team in the state. It helps to have a coaching staff that holds themselves personally accountable for the way their team plays, which is more than I can say for Coach A.

Being more physical with bigger kids is definitely easier when you have talent, as you do at Oakland.

you mention that smyrna had better talent the previous 2 years and yet we beat them 49-0 and 35-32 (or something lke that) and lost to them 9-7 so i find it hard to belive that they were better and a lot of people talk about schoalrships we had more go D1 scholarships then they did during that time

Regular season games, Smyran couldnt beat the mystique of R'Dale. When it came to crunch time in the playoffs, the two best players in the county, who were on Smyrna, beat you. Talent beat mystique. Smyrna's two D1 skill position players overcame the ability of the linemen of R'Dale.

I've just found some great talent in the R'Dale camp! Beating a dead horse with your head up your backside. Man, thats talent! Many of the R'Dale "supporters" are D-1 caliber in that category! Too bad they couldnt breed D-1 football players.

If it was all about talent, then how was Oakland 11-29 the previous 4 years? I am not going to say that we had no talent, but we had kids that believed in the coaching that was given to them and worked harder than any team in the state. It helps to have a coaching staff that holds themselves personally accountable for the way their team plays, which is more than I can say for Coach A.

So you all out worked every team in the state. I wonder if Hillsboro, Alcoa, and MUS would agree with that statement. I wonder if Franklin, Brentwood, Hendersonville, or any other team period would agree to that statement. There are teams out there that bust their butts non stop and are lucky to be 5-5. How do you know that Coach A doesnt hold himself accountable for the way his team plays. I dont know any coach out there that is worth anything that doesnt hold themselves accountable for his teams accomplishments or downfalls. As for Oakland the past four years maybe you all had talent but maybe it was something else, heck maybe it was the coach. Your comparison has no weight and is like comparing apples to oranges.