Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

a sad day when we are happy with playoff contention... that's all i know

I don't think anyone is happy with it. Nor should they be. But folks have to realize things are different in Rutherford county now. Keep working hard, keep supporting the program, stop planting seeds of doubt and dissention, and someday, it wont playoffs wont be talk, it will be reality again.

The entire county is going through a lot of change and transition. R'Dale is not an island unto itself that will not be affected.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me break it down for the academically challenged at Riverdale.

The recruiting is over at Riverdale. Gone are the days when you could get away with taking everyone's top athletes by offering them free room and board. You have no power in the central office anymore, so you have to play with the players who are really in your zone.

Thus- mediocre all around. It is not the current coach's fault for playing by the rules and getting the big boys angry for losing their control over the program. It is Rankin's fault. He would still be here cheating and winning had he not gotten "leaned on." The Oakland coaches are trying to carry "his torch", but the scores will cost them there.

get used to staying home come play-off time or switch to the new power in Rutherdord County which is SMYRNA!

THE TALENT IS STILL AT RIVERDALE...dud we have enough to win state this past year NO but we still have enough talent...oakalnd iddnt have a lot of talent what did they do this year?...#20 should get the ball 20-25 times a game nad if he did yall would be talking about him being a MR football candidate...talent is THERE

you have been drinking way to much of that spiked egg nog that you had left over from christmas. You had too many midgets on the team, not much experience, not big and not fast. You may have a man crush on #20 but i have seen him play. He is an average high school running back at best. He would not even start on several teams in the region and you are tooting his horn for Mr. football. Now he will do a good job for riverdale, but he would not be a Mr. football finalist if you gave him the ball 100 times. You, TD, LOD, you guys are straight up delusional.

Also, Please check your words. dud is supposed to be "did". and iddnt is supposed to be "diddn't". and there are such things as comma's and periods when typing sentences.

you have been drinking way to much of that spiked egg nog that you had left over from christmas. You had too many midgets on the team, not much experience, not big and not fast. You may have a man crush on #20 but i have seen him play. He is an average high school running back at best. He would not even start on several teams in the region and you are tooting his horn for Mr. football. Now he will do a good job for riverdale, but he would not be a Mr. football finalist if you gave him the ball 100 times. You, TD, LOD, you guys are straight up delusional.

Also, Please check your words. dud is supposed to be "did". and iddnt is supposed to be "diddn't". and there are such things as comma's and periods when typing sentences.

I am telling you if you give him the ball 20-25 times without going side to side so much first you will see what i am talking about he has truely shown some good signs as things he can do but he usually has to run 10 -15 yards to the side before he can go to the line of scrimmage so i am going to respectfully disagree with you

thank you so much for the english lesson i think you will help me in my career with those lessons so thanks for all you do

I also dont drink

I am telling you if you give him the ball 20-25 times without going side to side so much first you will see what i am talking about he has truely shown some good signs as things he can do but he usually has to run 10 -15 yards to the side before he can go to the line of scrimmage so i am going to respectfully disagree with you

thank you so much for the english lesson i think you will help me in my career with those lessons so thanks for all you do

I also dont drink

You are welcome for the english lessons, i was mostly kidding. Here's the deal, I'm not trying to bust on # 20. He is a kid who is trying his best and helping his team. He is a good little running back for sure. But no one but you and your bud's on here like LOD and TD, etc would even, in their wildest dreams consider him a Mr. Football Finalist or even with that kind of potential. And instead of seeing that, you are sure that he is and the reason he is not is because of Coach A and the wing-T that he runs. This continues to be a thread with 4 or 5 guys like you against a 100 others who see it clearly. Glad to hear you don't drink and since you don't, is there any thing else that would make you NOT see reality?

pot, meet kettle

It should be "too much", not "to much".

It is Christmas, not christmas.

It is I, not i.

The first letter of a sentence should be capitalized. (a couple transgressions there)

What does comma possess? You have an apostrophe, indicating possessive. Did you actually mean more than one comma? That would be commas.

It is Riverdale, not riverdale.

Most importantly, it is TDC, not TD.

Rocky, it's really bad news if I can find that many problems. English is not my strong suit so I think we should get back to football.

I'm assuming that Wells is not at Riverdale working or it would no longer be a secret. Will he be there for Spring practice?

pot, meet kettle

It should be "too much", not "to much".

It is Christmas, not christmas.

It is I, not i.

The first letter of a sentence should be capitalized. (a couple transgressions there)

What does comma possess? You have an apostrophe, indicating possessive. Did you actually mean more than one comma? That would be commas.

It is Riverdale, not riverdale.

Most importantly, it is TDC, not TD.

Rocky, it's really bad news if I can find that many problems. English is not my strong suit so I think we should get back to football.

I'm assuming that Wells is not at Riverdale working or it would no longer be a secret. Will he be there for Spring practice?

Ouch rocky.It appears that hit you just below the belt.Lay off Riverdaleman.He is a good guy.

Let me break it down for the academically challenged at Riverdale.

The recruiting is over at Riverdale. Gone are the days when you could get away with taking everyone's top athletes by offering them free room and board. You have no power in the central office anymore, so you have to play with the players who are really in your zone.

Thus- mediocre all around. It is not the current coach's fault for playing by the rules and getting the big boys angry for losing their control over the program. It is Rankin's fault. He would still be here cheating and winning had he not gotten "leaned on." The Oakland coaches are trying to carry "his torch", but the scores will cost them there.

get used to staying home come play-off time or switch to the new power in Rutherdord County which is SMYRNA!

Sorry Bub, but Oakland plans to stay in the driver's seat for awhile. Beep Beep.....as we pass you.

Like I said, you just cant fix stupid. I have been trying to help the ignorace, lack of knowledge, but you are refusing to learn. "Name calling" as you refer to it, in this case is identification and assessment of posters on CoachT. If you dont like it, either dont post, or post a little smarter and responsibly.

I dont see too many folks on this thead making positive affirmations of your posts. I see quite a few doing so for mine.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, water boy. So how many practices, games, and scrimmages did you attend? Lets hear it, perhaps not enough for you to have an informed opinion, by your own standards. Now you are stating you would catch them when you could. Whereas before your theme seemed to be you have to see a certain high number to have an informed opinion. Backpeddling a bit?

Wow, what an impressive "fan" you are. Since you made it to so many football activities, is it that you are a parent of a player and you dont like the sting of comments of lack of talent. Well, guess what? The whole state sees it and the college coaching world sees it. Daddys are often too blinded by pride to see it. Allstars in Pop Warner doesnt always mean they have a great level of talent, it can often mean they were just a little better then the other guys that lack talent in the whole league. You cant blame lack of talent on the coach. Its not his genetics in the players.

Now that's some high quality H2O!

You really are impressed with yourself but I really can't imagine why. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not a parent and have not had a kid at Riverdale in four years. I've never had a kid play football at Riverdale. However, I am a person that likes good, well coached football. I've travelled the world and always supported high school football wherever I was. My take is that the program at Riverdale is more lacking lacking in coaching leadership than it is player talent. The frustrating thing is that the ability is there but the drive is not.

But I will not resort to name-calling. It's really just the refuge of the weak-minded.

Now you can write another book about how smart you are, your turn.

You really are impressed with yourself but I really can't imagine why. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I am not a parent and have not had a kid at Riverdale in four years. I've never had a kid play football at Riverdale. However, I am a person that likes good, well coached football. I've travelled the world and always supported high school football wherever I was. My take is that the program at Riverdale is more lacking lacking in coaching leadership than it is player talent. The frustrating thing is that the ability is there but the drive is not.

But I will not resort to name-calling. It's really just the refuge of the weak-minded.

Now you can write another book about how smart you are, your turn.

well said... just so swami will see someone making positive affirmation on your post... but, if you are unhappy with the coaching staff, you never know - they could be unhappy also - has the job in Wilco been filled yet?