Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you taste the steak before you decided it was good?

Is it Wells?

Of course you taste the steak. That went unsaid because common sense tells you to take a bite for the final analysis of the steak. By your argument (how many practices, scrimmages, and games have you been to, thank you in advance) you have to eat the entire cow before you can make a judgement on the steak it produces.

You have just provided perfect proof for the old adage that you just cant fix stupid. For you to be at all those practices, scrimmages, and games, are you the water boy? I retired years ago and still have better things to do than scrutinze every moment of a high school team's season, start to finish. You can see on the field where the problems are. You can tell by how a kid moves what his ability level is. You can see by where he is, or where he is headed on the field if he has been coached. R'Dale's kids were moving in the right direction, they were coached well. They just got beat to a spot, or they got beat when they got there because either their heart wasnt in it (seeds of doubt planted by "fans" like you) or they were out manned by who they met up with.

R'Dale boys, dont let the seeds of doubt sown by LOD and TDCman get to you any more. They have proven repeatedly what they are about. Don't let fooish words by grown men cause doubt in your coach, because ultimately it will lead to doubt on the field. Doubt on the field leads to losses.

Come together as a team. Get stronger as a team. Get better as a team. Win as a team. Let your coach lead you back to winning seasons. He knows how to do it. And your talent level doesnt have to be D1 level, that is the one thing I can agree with that these bozos have said. But you do have to believe in yourself, your team mates, and your coaches.. Dont let these idiots take that away from you any more. You've got one of the best around, and everyone else around the state knows it.

Of course you taste the steak. That went unsaid because common sense tells you to take a bite for the final analysis of the steak. By your argument (how many practices, scrimmages, and games have you been to, thank you in advance) you have to eat the entire cow before you can make a judgement on the steak it produces.

You have just provided perfect proof for the old adage that you just cant fix stupid. For you to be at all those practices, scrimmages, and games, are you the water boy? I retired years ago and still have better things to do than scrutinze every moment of a high school team's season, start to finish. You can see on the field where the problems are. You can tell by how a kid moves what his ability level is. You can see by where he is, or where he is headed on the field if he has been coached. R'Dale's kids were moving in the right direction, they were coached well. They just got beat to a spot, or they got beat when they got there because either their heart wasnt in it (seeds of doubt planted by "fans" like you) or they were out manned by who they met up with.

R'Dale boys, dont let the seeds of doubt sown by LOD and TDCman get to you any more. They have proven repeatedly what they are about. Don't let fooish words by grown men cause doubt in your coach, because ultimately it will lead to doubt on the field. Doubt on the field leads to losses.

Come together as a team. Get stronger as a team. Get better as a team. Win as a team. Let your coach lead you back to winning seasons. He knows how to do it. And your talent level doesnt have to be D1 level, that is the one thing I can agree with that these bozos have said. But you do have to believe in yourself, your team mates, and your coaches.. Dont let these idiots take that away from you any more. You've got one of the best around, and everyone else around the state knows it.

Well said

The problem has been discovered and now some of the colleges are getting back on board with him he may have to go JR college route as a lot of schools dont have any more scholarships left due to the recent signing days...but there are several D1 schools talking to him as of now

I am talking about smithson here

Most schools leave 1 or 2 scholarships available, just in case someone falls through the cracks. They also stockpile scholarships for next season. Don't be fooled. They're out there if he's worth anything.

Can you do a pep talk for the coaches too.

Honestly, I see some positive signs. It looks like they are trying to put the JV program back together. Obviously they are trying to hire an experienced coordinator. Those are positives but they don't answer the question of how we got here. Did we just decide the kids weren't worth coaching last year? If your talent is down wouldn't you want to have a strong JV program to help bring the kids along? That's one in a laundry list of things that causes all the head scratching.

I don't intend to apologize for going to games or catching a practice/scrimmage when I can. I've done my time in some pretty crappy places and I think I've earned the right to go if I so choose.

Name calling is kinda childish...don't ya think?

Sorry, but the kids did NOT get to the right place, especially on defense and special teams, and most of that was not their fault.

Please share some of things that have improved in the football program since the staff arrived. Please share some of the things that the staff did to compensate for or overcome the lack of talent. I can be convinced with a reasonable argument supported by facts. Name calling, pontificating, and other such childish behavior doesn't do much fo me.

I don't think anyone in our region had much of a JV team last fall....maybe it was gas prices for buses? We didn't have but a couple of games ourselves. Not anything like the way it was when Ferg was at OHS....with games every week against whoever you played the Friday night before on Varisty. I really think it was a region-wide or maybe Rutherford County-wide decision. It will hurt everyone.....not just Riverdale.

Honestly, I see some positive signs. It looks like they are trying to put the JV program back together. Obviously they are trying to hire an experienced coordinator. Those are positives but they don't answer the question of how we got here. Did we just decide the kids weren't worth coaching last year? If your talent is down wouldn't you want to have a strong JV program to help bring the kids along? That's one in a laundry list of things that causes all the head scratching.

I don't intend to apologize for going to games or catching a practice/scrimmage when I can. I've done my time in some pretty crappy places and I think I've earned the right to go if I so choose.

Sorry, but the kids did NOT get to the right place, especially on defense and special teams, and most of that was not their fault.

Please share some of things that have improved in the football program since the staff arrived. Please share some of the things that the staff did to compensate for or overcome the lack of talent. I can be convinced with a reasonable argument supported by facts. Name calling, pontificating, and other such childish behavior doesn't do much fo me.

Why would anyone try to tell you anything? Everytime they have tried, you dismiss them and don't listen. Trying to tell you something about riverdale football that everyone knows (but a few like you) is a waste of time and energy. You are a beautiful example of hearing but not listening. Whine on /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Like I said, you just cant fix stupid. I have been trying to help the ignorace, lack of knowledge, but you are refusing to learn. "Name calling" as you refer to it, in this case is identification and assessment of posters on CoachT. If you dont like it, either dont post, or post a little smarter and responsibly.

I dont see too many folks on this thead making positive affirmations of your posts. I see quite a few doing so for mine.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, water boy. So how many practices, games, and scrimmages did you attend? Lets hear it, perhaps not enough for you to have an informed opinion, by your own standards. Now you are stating you would catch them when you could. Whereas before your theme seemed to be you have to see a certain high number to have an informed opinion. Backpeddling a bit?

Wow, what an impressive "fan" you are. Since you made it to so many football activities, is it that you are a parent of a player and you dont like the sting of comments of lack of talent. Well, guess what? The whole state sees it and the college coaching world sees it. Daddys are often too blinded by pride to see it. Allstars in Pop Warner doesnt always mean they have a great level of talent, it can often mean they were just a little better then the other guys that lack talent in the whole league. You cant blame lack of talent on the coach. Its not his genetics in the players.

Now that's some high quality H2O!

oh, and by the way, the staff worked hard and tried to prepare the best the could with the hand they were dealt. Lets see, lack of talent, lack of much of the fan support, backstabbing, griping and complaining by bench sitter's parents, arm chair quarterbacks who think things at R'Dale are the same as they were 10 years ago, folks refusing to see where the real problems lie, I could go on and on...

And yet with all of that, the program survived, and was even able to win a few games and be talked about in playoff contention up until later in the season. And the program will win again. If foolish posters like you would get on board and stop all the crybaby crap.

Time to grow up, daddy water boy. How's that one grab you?

My apologies inn advance...that's just too good to pass up.

and was even able to win a few games and be talked about in playoff contention up until later in the season. And the program will win again. If foolish posters like you would get on board and stop all the crybaby crap.

Time to grow up, daddy water boy. How's that one grab you?

My apologies inn advance...that's just too good to pass up.

a sad day when we are happy with playoff contention... that's all i know