Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

Where he sends his kids to school has no bearing on anything to do with his coaching responsibilities at R'Dale and is a personal choice and inappropriate to discuss on a public open forum.

that is not what i said you took what i said and made it an attack and it was not an attack...If i was a coach i would love to be at the same school as my kids..his kids chose to stay with their freinds and that is very understandable what i was refferring to means that he trust and likes ravenwood that he allowed his kids to go there there was no attack or blame and i am sorry you read it that way

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those horrible coaches forcing ear rings and pony tails on these kids these days! No wonder R'Dale had fewer wins this year. The other teams must have thought they were playing a girls team...boy, talk about a confidence booster for playing mighty R'Dale.

Are R'Dale "supporters" really blaming hair now? Thats now the argument? Jeez!!! And then you blame that hair on the coach???? Are you kidding me?

Its a sad state of affairs when the coach is blamed for the poor grooming habits and the lack of talent in the athletes he has to work with.

Apparently its also his fault that they dont have a good work ethic and its his fault that he cant get colleges to offer them scholarships.

The coaches dont raise them and the coaches did not breed them to start with, but they are blamed for everything wrong with them that leads to losses.

And then apparently the coaches are supposed to sit back and take all the bull that "supporters" throw at them because that is part of being a COACH, as R'Man just stated.

Holy cow, whats in the water in the R'Dale zone? Something is definitely killing brain cells.

Never said he forced the kids to wear their hair long or wear ear rings. The administration DOES back the coaches and even to the point where they were NOT allowed to have either in the past.

You can attack me all you want because I ignore it, but it does NOT change the fact that there is NO discipline on the team anymore.

Never said he forced the kids to wear their hair long or wear ear rings. The administration DOES back the coaches and even to the point where they were NOT allowed to have either in the past.

You can attack me all you want because I ignore it, but it does NOT change the fact that there is NO discipline on the team anymore.

If anyone knows about discipline it is LOD. I agree with him. Aydelott has allowed the program to erode due to the lack of discipline and hard work.

LOD---No attacking here just a simple statement and then a question. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Lets say Coach A were to go to Ravenwood which has been mentioned on the other thread. At this point who would be the possible coaches that Riverdale could get? Who would be your choice and do you honestly believe that this person could turn Riverdale back around?

My thinking is this. Coach A is a good coach. I think Riverdale is lucky to have him. He is different from Rankin but when Rankin left several Riverdale supporters were happy. Now several Riverdale supporters will be happy when Coach A leaves. What coach in their right mind would go through this? Coach A is very well respected in the coaching community and I would think that at least some coaches would think "if Coach A got this kind of treatment what kind of treatment will I get?" The same could be said about Coach Rankin. Maybe its not the coaches running off the kids maybe its the kids parents running off the coaches.

All in all I think Coach A is right for Riverdale if given the chance and support. I think that is why Nolan hired Coach A and why several supporters contributed money towards bringing in Coach A to make up for the difference in pay. Whatever happens I hope that it all works out for both Coach A and Riverdale. Im not a Riverdale fan but I think a lot of Riverdale fans have very high expectations due to past circumstances and are passing blame on someone who is really not completely at fault. Like I said earlier Riverdale was dominant when they had several great athletes year in and year out and in my opinion it just isnt there any more. Eagleville starting football hurt Riverdale. So did Blackman opening up. Just my thoughts.

LOD---No attacking here just a simple statement and then a question. The grass isnt always greener on the other side. Lets say Coach A were to go to Ravenwood which has been mentioned on the other thread. At this point who would be the possible coaches that Riverdale could get? Who would be your choice and do you honestly believe that this person could turn Riverdale back around?

My thinking is this. Coach A is a good coach. I think Riverdale is lucky to have him. He is different from Rankin but when Rankin left several Riverdale supporters were happy. Now several Riverdale supporters will be happy when Coach A leaves. What coach in their right mind would go through this? Coach A is very well respected in the coaching community and I would think that at least some coaches would think "if Coach A got this kind of treatment what kind of treatment will I get?" The same could be said about Coach Rankin. Maybe its not the coaches running off the kids maybe its the kids parents running off the coaches.

All in all I think Coach A is right for Riverdale if given the chance and support. I think that is why Nolan hired Coach A and why several supporters contributed money towards bringing in Coach A to make up for the difference in pay. Whatever happens I hope that it all works out for both Coach A and Riverdale. Im not a Riverdale fan but I think a lot of Riverdale fans have very high expectations due to past circumstances and are passing blame on someone who is really not completely at fault. Like I said earlier Riverdale was dominant when they had several great athletes year in and year out and in my opinion it just isnt there any more. Eagleville starting football hurt Riverdale. So did Blackman opening up. Just my thoughts.

Eagleville and Blackman didnt hurt Riverdale. Riverdale no longer having the pick of the litter is what hurt them. Riverdale didnt miss a beat when these 2 programs started playing football.

Eagleville and Blackman didnt hurt Riverdale. Riverdale no longer having the pick of the litter is what hurt them. Riverdale didnt miss a beat when these 2 programs started playing football.

And I guess Siegel opening didnt hurt you all either. Come on it did hurt just the same. Just the number of athletes hurts. Imagine what you all would have been with some of Siegels talent this year. And you all won state. Those players may not have been starters but at least they added depth. I know Riverdale still dresses probably a hundred kids but still.

I will gladly admit that Coach A is a good coach and a very nice man, and if he went to Ravenwood I would support his decision. Not for the fact that he would be gone, but that it would be closer to home for him and so he could spend more time with his children. That would be a win/win situation for both Coach A and Ravenwood in the long run.

ANY coach that comes in WILL have the support of the fans and the administration. They just have to win and use ALL the talent that is there. The WingT was NOT popular and neither was the not piling on the points when you had a team on the ropes.

I will also admit that R'dale fans are spoiled in the fact we are used to winning and winning BIG. Eagleville did not hurt us because it was opened WAY before R'dale was and we didn't have the kids from there anyway. Blackman did hurt a little, but not to the extent where it ruined the program. We still managed to beat them during its first 4-5 years. Sometimes by a BUNCH!

As to who I would like to see at R'dale, it would be a young version of Bear Bryant. You know your basic mean ###### that installs FEAR on both his team and opponents and is very picky about grades and is not afraid to bench a player for not coming up to the standards both athletically or academically. One that works their tails off and lets them know there will be NO favorties and you either produce or you are gone. A coach is there to teach and work the kids, not there to be their best friend. One that pays attention to ALL the details and works the WHOLE team and not just the starters.

Secondly it should be a coach that lives with and in the R'dale zone. Hard to fully pull for a winner unless you have a vested interest in its success. A fly in coach may work in the Pros, but this is not the Pros. YES I know this may sound impracticle, but R'dale does have some alum supporters that can/will help with that.

If nothing else they can be the house Daddy in the football dorm.........JUST KIDDING!

And I guess Siegel opening didnt hurt you all either. Come on it did hurt just the same. Just the number of athletes hurts. Imagine what you all would have been with some of Siegels talent this year. And you all won state. Those players may not have been starters but at least they added depth. I know Riverdale still dresses probably a hundred kids but still.

At the time of Siegel's opening, we were a program in decline. At the time of Eagleville and Blackman starting their programs, Riverdale was still a power and continued to be one for the time being afterwards. Your comparing apples and oranges.