Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankin took over in 90' he went 4-6 that year with a couple of close loses including oakland. the next 4 year he built a power house that im sad to say might be gone. 91' 10-1 92' 12-1 93' 13-2 94' 15-0. it's just going to get worst for coach A. they questioned an complained when rankin lost which was near never. they were saying he got out coached. if play side stands there ground and back side fallows the puller or pullers that criss cross mess don't mater. its going to be a tfl. wing t o is good when your playing an uncoached d that the d-line just runs up feild and past the ball. 06' 07' the first game smryna and wc. d-line over ran it every time secound game rdale had 0 offfense its that simple. the reason y people steel run it in high school is becaues high school players r selfish an uncoachible. havent seen to much wing t on sat. or sun. lately.......lol

Rankin didnt get outcoached very often... I never heard any rumblings about his coaching either other than this parent wants his kid to play QB or FB and then they either transfered or play what they was told to play...

I did think that we got outcoached AND outplayed in his last game though OR did a great job preparing for us and their players did everything right. Still not sure why we faked a feild goal on the first drive...sometimes its just one of those game and its a night that it wasnt meant to be and that was the OR night. IF they had played the same way the following saturday instead of thinking they had won state they would have beaten Ravenwood by 25-30.

THATS FUNNY RIGHT THERE I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE!!!. I have never smoked but i heard that cigaretts are up to o ver $5 a pack...WOW i remember by cartons for my dad for $10

Yes it is!

When I was smoking in the Navy and out at sea on ship they were $1.35 for a carton of 10 packs!

I gave away 5 cartons to a friend who still smokes the day I got home from the hospital. The real hard part is the pipes I smoke are soon to go on ebay. Some have never been smoked and cost over $100.00 each. Luckily I should make everything I spent on them even used as some of them are quite collectable to pipe smoers and pre smoked is NOT a problem. Especially some of the Savenilli's from Italy and the free style ones from Scandanavia from some carvers who qare no longer alive.

Love the coach as a person and what he does for the kids scholarship wise. Most of us just do NOT like losing or the offense he is running. As to how much Nolan loves him, tell me about it after this upcoming season if we do not have a winning season. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As to Rankin being related to Fulmer, not so. They were just room mates at UT for exactly one WEEK. No more, no less.

Biggest problem with the heart attack was losing the 40 pounds in the hospital in a little over 7 days and going from 2 packs a day to 0 cold turkey.

We will trade with you!

I am not trying to use him in a camparison but simply use his famous quote of football is blocking and tackling. - Vince Lombardi. In the end I read it that the only reason people do not like Coach A is because he is not winning. However if he has a deep playoff run this year will everyone still complain? Good luck warriors I always want Riverdale to be good because in the battle of powerful football states Riverdale being top notch gives TN alot of credit.

Rankin didnt get outcoached very often... I never heard any rumblings about his coaching either other than this parent wants his kid to play QB or FB and then they either transfered or play what they was told to play...

I did think that we got outcoached AND outplayed in his last game though OR did a great job preparing for us and their players did everything right. Still not sure why we faked a feild goal on the first drive...sometimes its just one of those game and its a night that it wasnt meant to be and that was the OR night. IF they had played the same way the following saturday instead of thinking they had won state they would have beaten Ravenwood by 25-30.

Rankin threw a flea flicker on his own 1/2 yard line in chatt 1 year. in a big game he feels safe with fakes an trick plays. i once heard him say it's not a trick play if we rep it like toss sweep. i thank he's wright. his trick plays and fakes work a good percentage of the time...

Rankin threw a flea flicker on his own 1/2 yard line in chatt 1 year. in a big game he feels safe with fakes an trick plays. i once heard him say it's not a trick play if we rep it like toss sweep. i thank he's wright. his trick plays and fakes work a good percentage of the time...

Rankin also practiced for mistakes alot also. A prime example was how the team went into automatic mode on an extra point attempt if the ball was fumbled in any way. One word was yelled by the holder and the TEAM went into their automatic play that was practiced EVERYDAY! This caused folks to accuse R'dale of running up the score in some games. Prime example was Siegels first home game as R'dale fumbled the snap twice and went into their two point play and scored both times. Like I said then, R'dale was NOT deliberately trying to run the score up, it was just Siegel could NOT stop anything R'dale ran then.

Folks have called R'dale a machine, and in some ways it was. Thing is can they become a machine again? I sincerely hope so.