Is Recruiting Legal

Devil2010

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading this, I guess ya'll are talking bout Nashivlle only schools. Let me tell you bout East Tenn, Maryville, Alcoa, Central, Fulton, Powell, Oak Ridge, Anderson County have all recruited players to come to there schools. Maybe it didn't happen this past summer, but it has happened recently.

No, it is a STATE WIDE problem. Proving it is the main problem as NONE have been able to do it yet.

Nothings illegal if eveybody keeps their mouths shut!!!!!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You Know, keep it on the downlow!!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kinda like the relationships or lack thereof that some refs have with schools/coaches!!!!!! if you get my drift!!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

the D-II schools get away with it because some of them offer scholarships. that is why they have a different playoff system. the ones that don't can play in the public school playoffs. brentwood academy tried that with a smyrna kid a couple of years ago but he turned them down.

you mean financial assistance = look you cant argue with those whom say they dont recruiut b/c all they wll say is " well if you have proof " so in a nutshell they really dont recruit in terms of what you and i think, its more of offering them a chance to come to thier fine school

Listen if I had a choice of sending my kid to Hillbilly High School or a school the competes for the state year in and year out then I am going to send my kid to that school. And they will prob. get a better edumacation.

exactly my point why would a parent send thier kid to a inner city school or as you so politically stated " a hillbilly school" when they could send them to MBA (off top of my head i think $15,000) year......

but the thing is how to you think this superstar QB or RB comes to a Ensworth or MBA ? you dont think someone from that school talks to them or offers them a campus visit aka open house tour ?

so why is it only those whom excel at sports i.e. football go to the Ensworths or B.A.'s ? Dont ya think all inner city kids ( or a good portion of them want to leave thier school and go to EHS ?)

exactly my point why would a parent send thier kid to a inner city school or as you so politically stated " a hillbilly school" when they could send them to MBA (off top of my head i think $15,000) year......

but the thing is how to you think this superstar QB or RB comes to a Ensworth or MBA ? you dont think someone from that school talks to them or offers them a campus visit aka open house tour ?

so why is it only those whom excel at sports i.e. football go to the Ensworths or B.A.'s ? Dont ya think all inner city kids ( or a good portion of them want to leave thier school and go to EHS ?)

what you said is fine. but when they call the kid at home and try to get him to come to their school, you can call it what you want it is still recruiting.

Quotes in the CA from the new Central High school coach in Memphis.

Gaston said his first priority will be convincing the students from the Midtown neighborhood surrounding Central and Bellevue to stay at Central rather than leaving to play for other programs.

"I've had a lot of students that come through Bellevue, but instead of going to Central, they've been going to other schools. I've never understood why these kids can't stay in Midtown," Gaston said.

"My priority is to kind of build a fence around Midtown. I want to keep those kids in that area."

Is this recruiting?

From reading this, I guess ya'll are talking bout Nashivlle only schools. Let me tell you bout East Tenn, Maryville, Alcoa, Central, Fulton, Powell, Oak Ridge, Anderson County have all recruited players to come to there schools. Maybe it didn't happen this past summer, but it has happened recently.

If you have any proof of these schools recruiting illegally, DD, I'm sure that Ronnie Carter and the boys in Hermitage would be all ears. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />