Clay at Pickett Friday Night

baller21

If battlecat was meaning by a previous post that shawn garrett would play college ball by asking if whoever played at the next level. Well Shawn Garrett is good in "high school" I would almost put my life on it that he will not play ball at the "next level". For 1 he isn't strong big or tall enough, and 2 he doesn't have the mental toughness to with stand what college coaches dish out. He could possibly play juco but I still see people twice his size there also with "tons" more talent. The road will end at the high school level thats why I don't understand why parents, teachers, and coaches think sports should be life in high school.

First of all whether Shawn plays at the next level or not is for one none of your business and for two what the heck is it too you? Three, I was not the one who brought this up, if you could read correctly. I came on here as I always do to see what was said about the game and CCHS winning that night. But what I found was someone bashing my son who gives his heart and soul to basketball. What is so funny to me that there is a lot of good talent on the CCHS team and why someone would single out a player who keep in mind is only a junior and start all this crap about whether he will play at the next level or not is beyond me. I really hate to go here but I guess I may as well. Now it is also funny to me that someone would choose to pick the only black player on this team and started putting him down. Well I really hate that in the time and date that some people are still stuck in the 60's but that is your problem.

I do not come on here to start a fuss or get into bashing. I come on here to (not only) support my son BUT all the CCHS players girls and boys. I am a diehard fan and always will be of CCHS sports. I will also stand up for ANY of them if they are being bashed by anyone and don't care who likes it.

But I will not ever talk about a player as you all have about my son. I have never seen any other player bashed as you and the others have done. Shawn is a good player, who lives, eats, and breathes BBall and with more training HE CAN go to the next level. But that is up to him and God and nobody else. Never say Never for you know not what the future holds for anyone.

Nothing is signed sealed or delivered yet!!!!!!!!

But if it makes you feel better just keep on bashing and we will see who comes out on top. People like you only make people like him that much STRONGER!!!!!!!!

GO BULLDOGS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you go playing the race card...like always. No one has bashed your son on this board. The other ost were about him and his ability at the next level...THEIR OPINIONS!

IN MY opinion, he is very athletic and talented. He will have to get mentally tougher.

NO ONE is on here dogging your son or calling him out because he is black...you get out of the 60s and blaming everything on race....seriously

What nonsense about the rivalry and having more fans at the game than PC. It wasn't the normal crowd, but there certainly were more Bobcat fans. Most schools have their ups and downs but PC hasn't had any downs for about 25 years. No one can even remember the last losing year...early 80's maybe or late 70's. PC blew Clay out of the gym just a few years ago in one of the tournaments, district or region when it was supposed to be a close game and it wasn't the end of Clay Co. and this isn't the end of PC! So PC will actually be like other schools and actually have a down year. This game was the worst for PC in most likely 30 years, so judging a whole program by one game is not too smart. So we are looking at their first down year since before most players were born. PC has a 6'3" 7th grader, Kyle Hughes who will be another great PC player. They have too much of a tradition to allow the program to stay down. This team also kept it close against a talented Clarkrange team just days before, and if they stick with Elder under the basket, he may come on like so many other PC players like Dustin Mitchell, Tyler Garrett and Brent Roddy in recent years.

First of all whether Shawn plays at the next level or not is for one none of your business and for two what the heck is it too you? Three, I was not the one who brought this up, if you could read correctly. I came on here as I always do to see what was said about the game and CCHS winning that night. But what I found was someone bashing my son who gives his heart and soul to basketball. What is so funny to me that there is a lot of good talent on the CCHS team and why someone would single out a player who keep in mind is only a junior and start all this crap about whether he will play at the next level or not is beyond me. I really hate to go here but I guess I may as well. Now it is also funny to me that someone would choose to pick the only black player on this team and started putting him down. Well I really hate that in the time and date that some people are still stuck in the 60's but that is your problem.

I do not come on here to start a fuss or get into bashing. I come on here to (not only) support my son BUT all the CCHS players girls and boys. I am a diehard fan and always will be of CCHS sports. I will also stand up for ANY of them if they are being bashed by anyone and don't care who likes it.

But I will not ever talk about a player as you all have about my son. I have never seen any other player bashed as you and the others have done. Shawn is a good player, who lives, eats, and breathes BBall and with more training HE CAN go to the next level. But that is up to him and God and nobody else. Never say Never for you know not what the future holds for anyone.

But if it makes you feel better just keep on bashing and we will see who comes out on top. People like you only make people like him that much STRONGER!!!!!!!!

Wow seriously grow up; It is an opinion and I am pretty sure I voted for Obama this election /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Wow seriously grow up; It is an opinion and I am pretty sure I voted for Obama this election /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />. Also needs more training to go onto the next level? Umm he is maybe a 6 foot post player who can not make a jump shot he would even be a very small point guard at the "next level". Sorry it won't happen he should live breath and eat books/homework.

Don't think for one min that I was picking on him for the color of his skin. I can pick on the Edwards boy or the Dale kid as well, but their game is a little more rounded, they can make the outside shot. But neither of them will play at the next level either. Let me just make this clear, PC doesn't have anyone on their team for the next few years that will play at the next level either. I've sat at games and seen the way you act battlecatt, every time your son is fouled or has a call go against him, you shout at the refs and act like the call was only made because of the color of his skin. You can say whatever you like about it, but I've set there and seen it at games. He is a fine high school player, who can get to the rim, but it doesn't translate to the next level. And just for the record, I'm not a racist, I can proudly say I voted for Obama in this past election.

so you all are telling her to quit "going there" about the race situation but hey its alright for you to sit there and say your opinions about her son right? but she cant?

and just cause u say shawn G cant go to the next level doesnt mean he wont..he will be able to do anything if he keeps a good head on his shoulders...please keep those opinions to yourself they are not nice folks. lets just all be buddys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

so you all are telling her to quit "going there" about the race situation but hey its alright for you to sit there and say your opinions about her son right? but she cant?

and just cause u say shawn G cant go to the next level doesnt mean he wont..he will be able to do anything if he keeps a good head on his shoulders...please keep those opinions to yourself they are not nice folks. lets just all be buddys /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I buried the hatchet with battlecatt a few posts ago, then she is the one who "went there" with the race card. I don't doubt his abilities at the high school level, I think he is really good at the high school level.

WOW!!!! Really??? Is that what this board is going to come to? Just to clear up what I think is happening here....no one is bashing shawn because of anything other than his playing abilities. He is a good player.....so are a lot of other players from PC, CC, JC, and many other teams that have NEVER played at the college level...who cares right now though???? He is only a jr. in high school, still a kid, if you all are grown people bashing like that, that is pretty sad! Do I agree that he has work to do? DEFINITELY, but so does every other high school player I have seen this year....DUH? Let's get back to talking about the game and not whose black, white, yellow, and green?

Don't think for one min that I was picking on him for the color of his skin. I can pick on the Edwards boy or the Dale kid as well, but their game is a little more rounded, they can make the outside shot. But neither of them will play at the next level either. Let me just make this clear, PC doesn't have anyone on their team for the next few years that will play at the next level either. I've sat at games and seen the way you act battlecatt, every time your son is fouled or has a call go against him, you shout at the refs and act like the call was only made because of the color of his skin. You can say whatever you like about it, but I've set there and seen it at games. He is a fine high school player, who can get to the rim, but it doesn't translate to the next level. And just for the record, I'm not a racist, I can proudly say I voted for Obama in this past election.

Just for my record I yell at the refs on all of their BAD CALLS against ALL CCHS PLAYERS (girls and boys) and if you are really watching me then you would know this OK. My personnel opinion about refs is that they hold something against Celina and are very hard on all of our players.

I didn't want to go there as I said but I have NEVER used that card to make it through life OK. It was just funny that the only one you all was so concerned about was him a junior OK.

But like play 4 fun said this needs to get back to what the board is about that game which has been over for almost two weeks so it is time to move on to the next one coming up.

Just for my record I yell at the refs on all of their BAD CALLS against ALL CCHS PLAYERS (girls and boys) and if you are really watching me then you would know this OK. My personnel opinion about refs is that they hold something against Celina and are very hard on all of our players.

I didn't want to go there as I said but I have NEVER used that card to make it through life OK. It was just funny that the only one you all was so concerned about was him a junior OK.

But like play 4 fun said this needs to get back to what the board is about that game which has been over for almost two weeks so it is time to move on to the next one coming up.

Oh I know you're yelling at the refs on ALL CALLS that go against CC, I see that, I was just pointing that little thing out because it was relative to my argument. Yeah refs just totally have something against Celina. Maybe they do, but so does every team's fans in this district, we all think that refs are against them. Listen, I get on here and I give my opinions on all players, PC, CC, anyone in the upper cumberland basically, and I don't do this to bash them, I do it to voice my opinion. As I've told many of the boys from PC, if you don't like what I'm writing, do something to make me think better. Like I told PC people, if you want me to stop telling you to start getting to the paint, then get Heath Elder in their at center and start driving to the basket. I agree we should get back to the next game coming up, but it wasn't me who brought this post back to life. Anyway, I'm done talking about Clay Co until PC is ready to play them again.

I LIKE SHAWN, his mama and the rest of his relatives and I know this he has great ability to be as good a player 7a has seen in recent years if he properly applies himself. He's just a junior and uses his time to get better work hard he could be the best player in 7a since Jeff Arms from Celina who played for tech. He has long reach and can jump like a deer but he needs to work on his ball handling and seeing the whole floor.Good luck to all the teams in 7a