Henry County in 2009

the prophet

You know it seems to me that baseball is a spring sport and football is a fall sport. I know how important spring training is, but I do know that football is a couple of weeks were as baseball is for 8 to 10 weeks. Playing baseball for 8 to 10 weeks will keep skylar in shape for the fall as well. He did have alot of time playing at the qb postion, so he will be ready to play that postion in the fall. GO BIG RED.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I never saw Skylar play qb.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it seems to me that baseball is a spring sport and football is a fall sport. I know how important spring training is, but I do know that football is a couple of weeks were as baseball is for 8 to 10 weeks. Playing baseball for 8 to 10 weeks will keep JAY in shape for the fall as well. He did have alot of time playing at the qb postion, so he will be ready to play that postion in the fall. GO BIG RED.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Baseball is a Spring sport and football has become a year around sport. A guy who loves baseball, and is good at it, should play if he wants to, but there is nothing about baseball that will keep ANYONE in shape for football. I have coached and played both, and there is too much standing around in baseball for it to help keep a player in shape for ANYTHING. If the competition is tight for the QB position, and one of the competitors misses Spring practice, then it is BOUND to have an impact on the competition.

Baseball is a Spring sport and football has become a year around sport. A guy who loves baseball, and is good at it, should play if he wants to, but there is nothing about baseball that will keep ANYONE in shape for football. I have coached and played both, and there is too much standing around in baseball for it to help keep a player in shape for ANYTHING. If the competition is tight for the QB position, and one of the competitors misses Spring practice, then it is BOUND to have an impact on the competition.

IF YOU HAVE PLAYED BOTH THEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS THAT PLAY BASKETBALL, SHOULD THEY NOT PLAY FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL. MOST ATHLETIC PEOPLE PLAY MULTIPLE SPORTS AND IT IS NOT UNTIL THEIR SENIOR YEAR OR AFTER THAT THEY DECIDE WHAT SPORT THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY. SO LET THESE KIDS PLAY MULTIPLE SPORTS AND SHINE AT ALL OR NONE, BUT I CAN BET THAT THESE KIDS WILL PLAY JUST AS GOOD IN THE FALL IF THEY DON'T ATTEND ALL OF SPRING TRAINING OR IF THEY ARE THERE FOR ALL SPRING DRILLS....JW /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

IF YOU HAVE PLAYED BOTH THEN YOU SHOULD UNDERSTAND. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS THAT PLAY BASKETBALL, SHOULD THEY NOT PLAY FOOTBALL OR BASEBALL. MOST ATHLETIC PEOPLE PLAY MULTIPLE SPORTS AND IT IS NOT UNTIL THEIR SENIOR YEAR OR AFTER THAT THEY DECIDE WHAT SPORT THEY ARE GOING TO PLAY. SO LET THESE KIDS PLAY MULTIPLE SPORTS AND SHINE AT ALL OR NONE, BUT I CAN BET THAT THESE KIDS WILL PLAY JUST AS GOOD IN THE FALL IF THEY DON'T ATTEND ALL OF SPRING TRAINING OR IF THEY ARE THERE FOR ALL SPRING DRILLS....JW /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I do understand, and kids should play whatever they want to play. Their parents should also understand that missing Spring practice is POSSIBLY going to have an adverse affect on their football playing if the competition is tight for the position they play. They may be just as good in the Fall, if they miss Spring practice, but they may also miss out on playing the position they want. I don't know what the philosophy is of the Henry County staff, but that was ours when I coached.

I do understand, and kids should play whatever they want to play. Their parents should also understand that missing Spring practice is POSSIBLY going to have an adverse affect on their football playing if the competition is tight for the position they play. They may be just as good in the Fall, if they miss Spring practice, but they may also miss out on playing the position they want. I don't know what the philosophy is of the Henry County staff, but that was ours when I coached.

Most players will never play sports at the next level. With that being said the main reason for playing is memories and life experiences of the sport. If 10 days of spring practice (if you get that many in) is going to keep a kid from playing on Friday night in the fall then he wasn't that close to playing anyway. Getting away from a sport sometimes proves to be healthy for the mind. In my opion, as long as a player works out and stays in shape what is gained far outweighs what is lost from playing more than one sport.

I hate to hear that! I think in our district now of all the clarksville schools and dickson we will dominate and win big again. I was hoping Gaddis would go out and play some challenges for non district. We have killed Liberty and Humbolt was 4-6 2A team. I was really hoping to maybe see something like Germantown or some of the tougher schools around Nashville. I know it is long trip, but I think Hillsboro proved it this year when your region is weak play tough non region games to get you ready.

I know this will make someone mad and they will yell at me, but I don't see where playing Humbolt helps us out. I still think we will be team to beat in West, but I just hate not getting pushed at all until playoffs.

I'm already READY for spring practice. I miss football. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I hate to hear that! I think in our district now of all the clarksville schools and dickson we will dominate and win big again. I was hoping Gaddis would go out and play some challenges for non district. We have killed Liberty and Humbolt was 4-6 2A team. I was really hoping to maybe see something like Germantown or some of the tougher schools around Nashville. I know it is long trip, but I think Hillsboro proved it this year when your region is weak play tough non region games to get you ready.

I know this will make someone mad and they will yell at me, but I don't see where playing Humbolt helps us out. I still think we will be team to beat in West, but I just hate not getting pushed at all until playoffs.

I'm already READY for spring practice. I miss football. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I heard none of the other quality programs in the area would play us. Liberty is an up and coming program with some good athletes. However, I agree with you about Humboldt but we may be surprised!