New Football Boards

SPLITBACK

Im sure it will be sometime this summer. I am excited about the new football boards. How does everyone think they will be set up?

A

AA

AAA

Private

or

A

AA

AAA

AAAA

AAAAA

AAAAAA

Private

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Or maybe even A-AA and AAA-Private. I would think the less boards, the better from a management standpoint.

I have to think this new classification system is a message board nightmare for CoachT - not so much going forward as it is classifying old threads to the new boards. Maybe all existing threads will just go to "Football" and all new threads from a certain date forward will go in their new board categories.

However it is done, good luck CoachT. I am sure there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we truly don't give you enough credit for to make these boards available to us. Thanks.

A-AA

AAA-Private

its best that way. because during the season A and AA teams will be playing each other that are in the same district. and maybe even some more like that. maybe even the better way to do it would just split it into:

East

Middle

West

that way you just talk about ALL teams that are in your area. and if you wanna know about a team in the east, you go to the east forum.

• 2 weeks later...

You all are not thinking outside of the box. With new alignment comes the opportunity to completely revamp the boards. I vote we do it by teams with stripes on their helmet and those without. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I like it. Just like a game of pool. "stripes" and "solids"

• 3 weeks later...

Why not simplify things and have 3 football forums for ALL classifications.... east/west/midstate? Too many football forums for the amount of traffic on here, whether off season or in season. Works well on other sites, and much easier to navigate/monitor threads of interest without jumping from forum to forum.

Why not simplify things and have 3 football forums for ALL classifications.... east/west/midstate? Too many football forums for the amount of traffic on here, whether off season or in season. Works well on other sites, and much easier to navigate/monitor threads of interest without jumping from forum to forum.

If all of the classes in east TN, for example, were on one board the threads would move off of the first page every 30 minutes, in-season. That causes fans to use the search engine more often which slows down the site. We tried that until about 5 or 6 years ago which is why we changed.

The discussion when we started this site 11 1/2 years ago was if we should divide the boards by the three geographic divisions of the state. I felt that we should encourage fans to learn about teams in their classifications from one end of the state to the other since that is the way it is set up. Fans who have commented on the subject over the years have been glad that we did it that way and I agree.

If all of the classes in east TN, for example, were on one board the threads would move off of the first page every 30 minutes, in-season. That causes fans to use the search engine more often which slows down the site. We tried that until about 5 or 6 years ago which is why we changed.

The discussion when we started this site 11 1/2 years ago was if we should divide the boards by the three geographic divisions of the state. I felt that we should encourage fans to learn about teams in their classifications from one end of the state to the other since that is the way it is set up. Fans who have commented on the subject over the years have been glad that we did it that way and I agree.

I like the new format & thanks to coacht for this site!

• 1 year later...