Lane Kiffin at CPA / FRA Game

CPA4Ever

There is no truth to this statement about Kentucky being there to watch Zeke play. They were there to whatc the two sophs from Warren Central that CPA was playing against (Shanklin and Fant) and Jon Hood who played with us in the summer who is committed to Kentucky. Amazing how things get twisted.

Zeke is a good player, not a SEC level player but would be a solid Mid Major PF somewhere.

Where is the truth in your statement? Just wondering...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z has Basketball offers from UTC, MTSU, Virginia Common., WKU, Austin Peay, Murry St., Tennessee St., and a few others that he has little or no interest in. Kentucky's coaches were there to see him in the game vs. Warren Central in Bowling Green, they have interest and are considering offering him, despite their reservations about his height for playing post.

As for Football, the main contender for Mason's services right now is Ole Miss. They had him down for an official visit this weekend and have offered him. UT must be trying to get in the mix now, seeing the potential that Z has. I assume that he is being recruited as a TE, but DE would make sense for him as well. I also know that UK's tight end's coach came to CPA to meet with Z, as did a coach from Miami(OH), however I don't have full details about his offers for football.

Mason has long considered basketball his favorite sport and his future, however this has shifted in the past year. He's grown to love football along with basketball and sees that the potential is much greater choosing the SEC football route. Although I think he would be smart to play football, I hope that he chooses whichever he loves most and what is best for his family, and that he sticks to it and works hard.

Has anybode else noticed what at wasted opportunity UT-C is making themselves into in sports? Have they taken advantage of having a big name NFL star alum (T.O.) and a nice almost new stadium that most 1-aa school would drool over? No. They got their hat handed to them amost every week in football. Plus they are in the absolutely WRONG conference. How many people in Chattanooga want to see them play Elon or Wofford? Like none. What if they were in the OVC and played TnTech, TSU, UT-Martin, etc. Hey, whadda ya know! Here come people out of their houses to buy tickets and watch football. Here come athletes picking UTC over other 1-aa schools. Can they not see how simple this is. They MUST bolt the SoConf and join the OVC at the next opportunity.

What about that big arena? The women's hoops that generates little to no revenue went to the big dance. The men's team is getting trounced almost every time out this year. How many people are going to rush down to McKenzie Arena (the "roundhouse") to see the men play Elon or Western Carolina. What if they were in the OVC and had Murray State, Austin Peay, UT-M featuring Lester Hudson, etc. coming in? Look! Here come people to buy tickets and watch a ball game!!

According to VOLQUEST.....CLK was there to watch "Z" Mason...Saw some film on him..loves his UPSIDE...Wants him as either as DE or TE...Think Antonio Gates or for you old timers...Sam Clancy Sr. never played a down of football in college but ended up having a long NFL career as as DE with the Browns and a few other teams...

and before people get too carried away by how many "STARS" a kid has by their name...Oklahoma is playing for the national championship with one kid who was a 5 star...Gerald McCoy..The DT.....Teague if UT had gotten in on him earlier would have been at UT...Matter of fact CLK asked Joe Gaddis..."How do I keep this kid's in state?"...Gaddis said it was "QUITE REFRESHING TO HEAR"...Fulmer thought that kids in Tennessee should just RUN TO KNOXVILLE....Give him another year to get a complete staff and watch the job he does at UT...

....Give him another year to get a complete staff and watch the job he does at UT...

What are you basing this on? A 5-15 record in the NFL? He hasn't even proven he can put a staff together. I think he made a mistake be not hanging on to John Chavis. That shows he isn't the most savvy at putting together a staff.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by him.

It gets old being a UT alumnus and watching the Gators hand us our arses in our coon skin hats ever year, especially when I live in Florida.

Where is the truth in your statement? Just wondering...

Not sure how to answer that question. I know the UK coaches personally and have a player going to play at UK next year (Jon Hood, top 35 nationally). Also, they are recruiting Casey Prather so I speak with them frequently. I sat with one of the assistants up at the King of the Bluegrass last weekend so I know who they are recruiting first hand and spoke with them specifically about the tourney game vs CPA.

Let me clarify, its not a comment on Zeke at all. I like Zeke and think he is a good player. I just think its funny how these rumors get started about schools recruiting kids and "being close to offer" when that isnt true at all.

Look. Recruiting services aren't the end all, but I guarantee Oklahoma isn't going to the NC game with a bunch of kids that had N/R beside their name or didn't even have their name out there. Z plays at a school with an NFL coach's son. He gets seen as much as any kid in Tennessee. Now, maybe all of his eggs were in the basketball basket and he saw a better opportunity at football. Who knows. My opinion is that putting a fence around Tennessee doesn't equate to getting N/R kids to sign on February 4th.

"Upside" = 'Reach', which is all that I said.

What are you basing this on? A 5-15 record in the NFL? He hasn't even proven he can put a staff together. I think he made a mistake be not hanging on to John Chavis. That shows he isn't the most savvy at putting together a staff.

Yeah it kinda stinks that UT is getting one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football to be the new defensive coordinator, and it just so happens that it's the dudes dad which will be a great start for making the staff one that is united and "savvy".

[quote name=")-->Why would Fulmer recruit alot in TN?? Don't you want to go recruit where the GOOD players are?

Why? Golden Tate' date=' Harrison Smith, Randall Cobb, Patrick Turner, Michael Oher, Patrick Willis, Brandon Fanney, Dont'a Hightower, Brandon Warren, Graig Cooper, Greg Hardy

Why would Fulmer recruit alot in TN?? Don't you want to go recruit where the GOOD players are?

[/quote]

Why? Golden Tate, Harrison Smith, Randall Cobb, Patrick Turner, Michael Oher, Patrick Willis, Brandon Fanney, Dont'a Hightower, Brandon Warren, Graig Cooper, Greg Hardy

Why? Golden Tate, Harrison Smith, Randall Cobb, Patrick Turner, Michael Oher, Patrick Willis, Brandon Fanney, Dont'a Hightower, Brandon Warren, Graig Cooper, Greg Hardy

You just named 10 players over the course of 5 years. That pales in comparison to the number of great recruits from states like florida, texas, california, or ohio. Please don't act like tennessee high school football is something amazing.

Yeah it kinda stinks that UT is getting one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of football to be the new defensive coordinator, and it just so happens that it's the dudes dad which will be a great start for making the staff one that is united and "savvy".

That great defensive mind looked clueless yesterday versus the Raiders.

You just named 10 players over the course of 5 years. That pales in comparison to the number of great recruits from states like florida, texas, california, or ohio. Please don't act like tennessee high school football is something amazing.

I don't think he is acting like it is amazing, but simply stating that there are good players who have come from Tennessee and it's not deprived of talent. Obviously there is not as much talent as those other states, because Tennessee is less than half the size in population of all of those states, so it kinda makes sense that there wouldn't be as much talent here.