Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading this post, I had to see an eye doctor. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> One set of parenthesis, no "I's" capitalized, no names capitalized, one period to shorten the word conference, and six exclamation points after one word. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> The rest of the post had T9 texting issues with abbreviated words. And I'm still trying to figure out who the BEARCATS are. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I didn't know we had BEARCATS in the Big Nine. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

read genious it says non conference game against va high and its ok because we will beat the vikings since they are one of the weakest teams in the big 9... who have they beat?? grainger county and unaka wow, huge wins huh

well obviously because DB is not very strong and crockett and south are both good..... DB was beat by tenn high but the vikings blew it at the end. (FIGURE THAT) and south beat the vikings so my point exactly

well obviously because DB is not very strong and crockett and south are both good..... DB was beat by tenn high but the vikings blew it at the end. (FIGURE THAT) and south beat the vikings so my point exactly

Say What? Say What?

Hey goofarooofbaseball!

Figure on this, the South and DB games both both went extra innings with the Vikes. Games that could have gone either way. And at what point did THS have the Tribe beat they didn't lead after 7. That was one heck of a game.

You think Krebs aint the real deal? Who will the next fool be?

The DB SH final was 2-1. Short of the 1st inning The Indians did not allow another run. The Vikes lead SH after the 5th inning. Both South and THS final scores were lopsided in the end. Oh yeah the DB SH final was 2-1 in case you missed that.

Pick your posion any Big 9 team against your Va. team.

Say What? Say What?

Hey goofarooofbaseball!

Figure on this, the South and DB games both both went extra innings with the Vikes. Games that could have gone either way. And at what point did THS have the Tribe beat they didn't lead after 7. That was one heck of a game.

You think Krebs aint the real deal? Who will the next fool be?

The DB SH final was 2-1. Short of the 1st inning The Indians did not allow another run. The Vikes lead SH after the 5th inning. Both South and THS final scores were lopsided in the end. Oh yeah the DB SH final was 2-1 in case you missed that.

Pick your posion any Big 9 team against your Va. team.

so what?? science hill has been played tough a few times... but yea the south game and db game went into extra innings only because krebs was pitching. i never said krebs was not the real deal now did i??? the vikings wont win a big 9 game other then maybe central or volunteer unless krebs is pitching which probably against those 2 teams he probably wont be.... plowboy you are dumb watch and see krebs got hit by south and db did enough to win because the vikings dont hit there scoring 1 run a game pretty much wow they scored more than that against grainger and unaka big deal they are weak with or without krebs.... and if i was payne after what i heard he did after the db game showing his tempor yeah real leader huh??? if i was payne i wld have sent his butt to the house.. obviously they dont need him both games he has pitched he has loses so there ya go....

so what?? science hill has been played tough a few times... but yea the south game and db game went into extra innings only because krebs was pitching. i never said krebs was not the real deal now did i??? the vikings wont win a big 9 game other then maybe central or volunteer unless krebs is pitching which probably against those 2 teams he probably wont be.... plowboy you are dumb watch and see krebs got hit by south and db did enough to win because the vikings dont hit there scoring 1 run a game pretty much wow they scored more than that against grainger and unaka big deal they are weak with or without krebs.... and if i was payne after what i heard he did after the db game showing his tempor yeah real leader huh??? if i was payne i wld have sent his butt to the house.. obviously they dont need him both games he has pitched he has loses so there ya go....

I am dumb? I thought tempor was a way to cook shrimp or steak? No wait that is tempura. Maybe I am dumb but..

Once again goofarooofbaseball you get the Moe Ron of the week award.

I really can't tell if you are talking about South or the Vikes, Payne or Krebs. Either way it is a ramble that has nothing to do with your last post.

Dude I am sorry. Keep em shot and sweet and maybe we could all get something out of what you are trying to say.

read genious it says non conference game against va high and its ok because we will beat the vikings since they are one of the weakest teams in the big 9... who have they beat?? grainger county and unaka wow, huge wins huh

It took you a whole month to reply to my message? I see you have been to punctuation class. Maybe next time we can use CAPITAL letters where they should go. Just messing with ya!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Battle Royal!

Thanks for the update netfan.

Anyone other than Boone fans see that coming last night. Boone actually hit the best of SH. They scored runs off D-No and McKinney. McKinney walked in the winning run with a ball that bounced to home plate.

Connell, Norris, and McKinney were at 88.

The rain will make this interesting since the game tonight between Boone and Crockett will probably get moved. It will make a long week somewhere in the future.

Well, I found the field! I was quite surprised in the way the game progressed. I had expected Science Hill to have strong pitching and a strong defense. I was not so sure about their hitting. I knew nothing about Tennessee High. Daniel Sharp pitched (third on the depth chart) for Science Hill, and Sharp was not sharp. He walked several hitters and hit several others. When he left in fifth, Tennessee High was leading 6-4.

In the sixth, Science Hill got runners on first and third when a tailor mades double play ball was hit to the shortstop (Payne). Payne got in a hurry and bobbled the ball and got no outs. SH scored a run. Later in the inning, with the bases loaded and no one out, a soft, little tap was hit back to pitcher. The pitcher missed the ball. SH scored another run. The next hitter struck out. With the bases loaded, McKinney hit a triple. When the inning was over, SH had scored 8 runs (SH 12, Tenn. High 6). If the players had just made the routine plays (these were not hard plays), Tennessee High would have been sitting in the dug out leading 6-5.

But Sciene Hill made it interesting. They brought in a sidewinder. (My son who plays with SH has not been impressed by these sidewinders. They don't throw that hard, they don't have any good breaking pitches, and they don't have good location.) The sidewinder walked three (walked in a run). SH ended the game winning 12-8 with the bases loaded.

Overall, it was a very poorly played game. Each team had about 4 errors. There were a ton of walks. Both Science Hill and Tenn. High were peppering outfield fences. So much for SH good pitching and SH good defense. McKinney was 3 for 4 (2 home runs and a triple) with 6 RBIs and Jim Ashburn hit a no doubter to centerfield. So much for those weak hitting toppers.

I haven't drunk the Science Hill Kool Aid yet, and I am a Science Hill supporter with time and money since my son plays freshman ball. However, I'm not from this area and do not have a bias toward any team. I have heard all the hype about SH pitching, but SH has played in some high scoring games, Boone being the latest. Baseball is a funny game in that the best team doesn't always win. Sometimes, you run into a hot team. As the great philosopher, Yogi Berra, once said good pitching stops good hitting, and good hitting stops good pitching.