Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be hard to argue with that.

These are the players that I have listed so far:

P- McKinney, Science Hill; Norris, Science Hill; Freeman,Archer,Krebbs

C- Reed, Science Hill; Deloach, David Crockett; Lockhart,Sullivan South; Millsap

1st Base- Patterson, Science Hill; Connell, Daniel Boone

2nd Base- Loughry

3rd Base- Massey, David Crockett; Hyden

Shortstop- Crawford, Dobbins Bennett; Payne, Tennessee High; Mathews; Roberts

Left Field- Gaby

Center Field- Jones

Right Field- Ketron

Designate Hitter- Parker, Volunteer

My son is a freshman at Science Hill this year, so I will be watching several SH baseball games. I know several of the players one year ahead and behind, but not many juniors and seniors. It is nice to know who are the players to watch, especially from other teams. Also, it gives me a gage to see what I need to have my son work on.

These are the players that I have listed so far:

P- McKinney, Science Hill; Norris, Science Hill; Freeman,Archer,Krebbs

C- Reed, Science Hill; Deloach, David Crockett; Lockhart,Sullivan South; Millsap

1st Base- Patterson, Science Hill; Connell, Daniel Boone

2nd Base- Loughry

3rd Base- Massey, David Crockett; Hyden

Shortstop- Crawford, Dobbins Bennett; Payne, Tennessee High; Mathews; Roberts

Left Field- Gaby

Center Field- Jones

Right Field- Ketron

Designate Hitter- Parker, Volunteer

My son is a freshman at Science Hill this year, so I will be watching several SH baseball games. I know several of the players one year ahead and behind, but not many juniors and seniors. It is nice to know who are the players to watch, especially from other teams. Also, it gives me a gage to see what I need to have my son work on.

The Honky Tonk man sez..

Clint Freeman (Crockett) might just be the best stick in the Big 9, not to mention the man has skills in the outfield.

Hudson ( Volunteer) has power. He can hit the ball further than most of the Hawkins County Farmers can spit tobacky!

Haw Haw Haw.

The Honky Tonk man sez..

Clint Freeman (Crockett) might just be the best stick in the Big 9, not to mention the man has skills in the outfield.

Hudson ( Volunteer) has power. He can hit the ball further than most of the Hawkins County Farmers can spit tobacky!

Haw Haw Haw.

Way to say it there Honky Tonk Man , I'm glad somebody is finally giving this young man some cred . 2nd in the league in batting avg. last year , All Conference , All Region , and All State selection from Volunteer as a catcher with a near 4.0 GPA . He is heading to Milligan . Also , Justin Trent from Dobyns Bennett , 1st baseman .

Way to say it there Honky Tonk Man , I'm glad somebody is finally giving this young man some cred . 2nd in the league in batting avg. last year , All Conference , All Region , and All State selection from Volunteer as a catcher with a near 4.0 GPA . He is heading to Milligan . Also , Justin Trent from Dobyns Bennett , 1st baseman .

Hudson didn't make all state so I don't know who or what your source is but thats definately wrong. And as far as 2nd in the league in batting last year, that was Cody Hyden from Central.

Hudson didn't make all state so I don't know who or what your source is but thats definately wrong. And as far as 2nd in the league in batting last year, that was Cody Hyden from Central.

http://www.tbca.org/2008tbcaallstateteams.htm

And Thanks anyway.....you are correct Tyler was 4th in batting average behind Mckinney- Science Hill .510, Hyden-Central .505 , Roberts-Central .487 Hutson-Volunteer .484 ........But you know that's okay....

Season starts Monday, be interesting to see how the first few weeks in March play out.

Science Hill JV lost to Tennessee High JV 11-8. TH scored 8 runs in top of seventh. SH coaching was really bad. The first batter for SH got on base and SH sacrificed with their number 2 hitter. The first hitter is extremely fast, and the second hitter had a single, double, and home run in his next three at bats. They left the pitcher in in the 7th until TH was one run behind and the bases were loaded. The first pitch from the new pitcher was a wild pitch. I know I am a little old but it was hard to recognize what game the coaches were playing.

Science Hill freshmen lost to Tennesse High freshman 6-5 in six innings. Game called because of lateness. Again, wrong players playing wrong positions and not playing very fundamentally sound baseball. SH threw to the wrong base and didn't make the fundamental plays.