Big 9 Baseball

tricitiessportsfan

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dobyns Bennett 2009 Baseball Schedue has finally been posted to the school website and can be found at the link below, junior varsity and freshman schedules have also been posted to the school website and can be navigated to from the varsity page.

Dobyns Bennett 2009 Varsity Schedule

I have already added the games to CoachT. Enjoy.

The Dobyns Bennett 2009 Baseball Schedue has finally been posted to the school website and can be found at the link below, junior varsity and freshman schedules have also been posted to the school website and can be navigated to from the varsity page.

Dobyns Bennett 2009 Varsity Schedule

I have already added the games to CoachT. Enjoy.

a new web site will open soon modelcitysports.com

The Big 9 looks to be Science Hill's to lose. How do the rest stack up? Will Dobyns Bennett rebound? Who looks to be major contributors for their respective teams? Will District 1 dominate District 2 and take Region 1? Does the conference hold more than one sectional contender? The new season is just around the corner, let's talk about it!

science hill is without a doubt the most impresive team in the big 9 this year with 2 great pitchers and great bats on offense but they will lose but only by surprise a weaker opponent like crockett or south but not DB or to gills boys (THS) tenn high should be very good but they wont be i recently stopped by during one of there scrimmage sessions against there jv team the varsity will have a lack of pitching everyone knows jon krebs but they are gonna rely on him against every good opponent i saw them have 3 or 4 pitchers on there junior varsity that should be pitching varsity i also saw the kids throw over the summer in a tournament at sullivan north they have 3 pitchers that are on the jv that cld throw varsity baseball anywhere else in the conference sorry idk what payne is thinking but i dont know about behind the kids may throw varsity but they were throwing on the junior varsity so look for the vikings to have a very unsucessful season once again they will lose in the conference to science hill, DB, crockett, south and possibly more science hill will dominate and db will be tough so will crocket but i see the vikings coming in like last year hot off the bat then blowing it at the end i also see them losing 2 va high in non conf. game va high is young but they will beat tenn high GO BEARCATS!!!!!! if you have anything to say about that post it

science hill is without a doubt the most impresive team in the big 9 this year with 2 great pitchers and great bats on offense but they will lose but only by surprise a weaker opponent like crockett or south but not DB or to gills boys (THS)...if you have anything to say about that post it

Pretty much your whole post was hard to read, punctuation is there for a reason. Other than that, I have to ask what your reasons for saying teams like Sullivan South and David Crockett have a better chance surprising Science Hill than Dobyns Bennett?

science hill is without a doubt the most impresive team in the big 9 this year with 2 great pitchers and great bats on offense but they will lose but only by surprise a weaker opponent like crockett or south but not DB or to gills boys (THS) tenn high should be very good but they wont be i recently stopped by during one of there scrimmage sessions against there jv team the varsity will have a lack of pitching everyone knows jon krebs but they are gonna rely on him against every good opponent i saw them have 3 or 4 pitchers on there junior varsity that should be pitching varsity i also saw the kids throw over the summer in a tournament at sullivan north they have 3 pitchers that are on the jv that cld throw varsity baseball anywhere else in the conference sorry idk what payne is thinking but i dont know about behind the kids may throw varsity but they were throwing on the junior varsity so look for the vikings to have a very unsucessful season once again they will lose in the conference to science hill, DB, crockett, south and possibly more science hill will dominate and db will be tough so will crocket but i see the vikings coming in like last year hot off the bat then blowing it at the end i also see them losing 2 va high in non conf. game va high is young but they will beat tenn high GO BEARCATS!!!!!! if you have anything to say about that post it

First name Moe. Last name Ron.

And thats about all I got to say about that.

Your kid didn't make the varsity huh!

After reading this post, I had to see an eye doctor. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> One set of parenthesis, no "I's" capitalized, no names capitalized, one period to shorten the word conference, and six exclamation points after one word. /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> The rest of the post had T9 texting issues with abbreviated words. And I'm still trying to figure out who the BEARCATS are. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I didn't know we had BEARCATS in the Big Nine. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Getting this train back on the tracks.

The Tribe scrimmages Thursday and Saturday.

Farragut and Science Hill are the only Tennessee teams ranked in the National High School Pre-Season top 100 by PG. #3 and #87 respectively

tbca.org has some preseason coaches notes....

Tennessee High 16-15 2/8 45 The 2009 THS Vikings will be returning 7 positional starters with only 1 varsity hurler. Senior pitcher Jon Krebs returns as the only starting pitcher back for the Vikings. Krebs was 6-2 with a 3.16 ERA and had 55 k's in 48.2 IP. Krebs has committed to Walters State CC. A couple of transfer students including Bryan College signee Chris Upright, a senior rhp from North Carolina, are expected to boost the pitching rotation.

Senior Storm Ketron hit .354 with 24 rbi and highlights the experienced Viking offense returning. Senior leadoff/SS Jarrod Payne(.337, 25 runs scored) will once again be relied on as a catalyst at the top of the line-up. Payne has committed to Spartanburg Methodist JC. Other offensive returnee's include 3B Jon Krebs (SR/.314), DH/C Dylan Crockett (JR/.288), 3B/Util Stephen Mullins (SO/.287), 2B Cody Snyder(JR/.260), along with defensive standouts sophomore catcher Austin Snyder (.994 fld.% with 1 error in 176 chances) and senior centerfielder Skyler Shope (1 error in 39 chances).

"I am very excited about our competitive chances this year", says 2nd year Coach Gill Payne. "Last year was a battle trying to get our older kids to buy into our philosophy, but most of this group are very receptive. With a solid returning defense that boasted a school record .946 fielding percentage, an offense that has matured, and the progression of our pitching staff over the winter, I like our chances."

Dobyns-Bennett 14-16 2/28 60 Dobyns-Bennett returns 7 starting position players and 6 starting pitchers from the 2008 14 and 16 team. Our strengths will be our pitching and our defense. If our offense is productive against our league's good pitchers, we should have a banner year. All 6 of our pitchers threw over 30 varsity innings. All of

our varsity position players had over 60 at bats. With this experience, we should be able to compete in every game we play. We return our entire infield, our starting catcher and one starting outfielder. We also return our 2 through 8 hitters. After suffering through last year without a field we are excited to be playing on our new surface.

David Crockett 21-14 2/28 69 The 09 pioneers lost 3 seniors from last years team. The strength will be in the pitching staff where we return 3 of the top 4 pitchers from a year ago. Clinton Freeman (11/LHP), Milligan signee, Brandon Massey (12/RHP), and Chris Marti (10/RHP) The key to our ultimate success on the mound will be our health and to find some quality depth.

Offensively the pioneers will again be led by Freeman and Massey. Juniors Jacob Berry (2 year starter at 2nd) and Drue Deloach (transfer from Science Hill) will be relied on heavily to pro-duce at the plate as well. A trio of talented sophomores (Marti, Ty Shipley, Sam Tarlton) should be able step in and make us better both offensively and defensively from a year ago.

We are very excited about our chances this spring. Building on our success from last season and a feeling of coming up just short last spring has motivated this group during the off season. Our conference is very strong and balanced from top to bottom. Playing with a sense of urgency night in and night out is a must for us to make a run!