Liberty

Liberty is again slated to play in the Poplar Bluff Showdown starting Monday December 29th....

1A State Champion Union City is the defending champion in this event.......

Here is the schedule for the tournament in the home high school of North Carolina star Tyler Hansbrough(sp?)....

Poplar Bluff Showdown

Monday Dec. 29th

Forrest City (Ark.) vs. Liberty Tech (Tenn.), 4 p.m.

Sikeston (Missouri) vs. Warren Central (Ky.), 5:30 p.m.

Poplar Bluff (Missouri) vs. Greene County Tech (Ark.), 7 p.m. *GCT is coached by former Gibson County coach Scott Bowlin*

New Madrid Central (Missouri) vs. Raytown South (Missouri), 8:30 p.m.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think me and a buddy may try and go watch this tournament Monday. I haven't gotten to see Liberty play this season and I woulnd't mind seeing what Coach Bowlin has got with GCT this year.

From what I can find out GCT is 5-2 with wins over Kingsbury and Trezevant from Memphis..Looks like they got beat pretty bad by Knox Austin-East...They also lost a game to Chaminade out of St.Louis....

Obion Central, for sure, and pretty sure Humboldt went to their camp over the summer in Paragould and played a few games....

Day 1 Scores....

Liberty-67

Forest City-51

Warren Central-66

Sikeston-62

Greene County Tech-44

Poplar Bluff-36

Raytown South-57

New Madrid County Central-55

Day 2 Scores....

Liberty-67

Warren Central-50

Sikeston-81

Forest City-54

New Madrid County Central-57

Poplar Bluff-44

Greene County Tech-77

Raytown South-72

Day 3......

Liberty played Greene County Tech last nite for the championship but I can't find any score....

The only score from yesterday I can find is the Warren Central win over Raytown South 78-70...

Liberty is no secret to those of us in Madison and Shelby County. They have as good a shot as anybody. Liberty will play anybody, anywhere, anytime for the most part. The success Liberty has had in Memphis is unbelievable..and I mean they have played alot of teams from Memphis the last 2 or 3 years....almost allways in Shelby County.

Liberty is no secret to those of us in Madison and Shelby County. They have as good a shot as anybody. Liberty will play anybody, anywhere, anytime for the most part. The success Liberty has had in Memphis is unbelievable..and I mean they have played alot of teams from Memphis the last 2 or 3 years....almost allways in Shelby County.

Yankee I totally agree. Coach Williams always has his team ready and they will play anybody. Like I was telling someone the other day Liberty is just a big man away from dominating everyone this year even though they only lost one game....Yankee let me know when they are playing JCM(undefeated...they just beat Memphis Southwind and playing Memphis Kirby right now)

Yankee I totally agree. Coach Williams always has his team ready and they will play anybody. Like I was telling someone the other day Liberty is just a big man away from dominating everyone this year even though they only lost one game....Yankee let me know when they are playing JCM(undefeated...they just beat Memphis Southwind and playing Memphis Kirby right now)

JCM is not undefeated... ripley beat them by like 17 early in the year