Livingston Academy

Overton County Fan

Not too bad for a young coach, who's only in his forth ( I believe that's correct) season coaching high school ball. It's pleasant to see a coach whose players will "leave it all on the court" for him. The RESPECT these players, and most knowledgeable fans,have for their coach has been well earned. This is a coach that a few foolish schoolboard members tried to fire , just last year. Ain't jealousy and small town politics refreshing? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The LA coach does a really good job with his team. They also have some pretty good players on the team as well. Looks like a pretty good mix to me.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is it too early to start building hype for the LA vs. Upperman game? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The two remaining games with Upperman are going to be big time games. I have been hearing good things about this team. I was looking at their schedule and as of right now they are (12-5).

They have lost their 5 games by only a total of 30 points. Two of their losses come from out-of-state teams. One was by 6 to Station Camp. They beat a tough Red Bank team 78-65.

Upperman's schedule may not be as brutal as LA's schedule, but I am sure Upperman will be well prepared for LA when it comes time for these two teams to clash. The Bees would love nothing more than to knock LA off of that 7AA throne that they have been on for the last 3 years. Will this be the year?

Since the beginning of the 05-06 season, LA has won 7 out of 8 meetings between these two teams. Wouldn't be a good time for LA to overlook this hungry Upperman team.

Not too bad for a young coach, who's only in his forth ( I believe that's correct) season coaching high school ball. It's pleasant to see a coach whose players will "leave it all on the court" for him. The RESPECT these players, and most knowledgeable fans,have for their coach has been well earned. This is a coach that a few foolish schoolboard members tried to fire , just last year. Ain't jealousy and small town politics refreshing? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I didn't notice anywhere on this thread anyone dissing Coach Melton. Melton is a really good coach. Why it's necessary for some people to live in the past and do their very best to try to bring up a sore spot is beyond me. You need to call those FEW foolish schoolboard members and tell them what Coach Melton has accomplished. I'm sure they would be ashamed of themselves.

I didn't notice anywhere on this thread anyone dissing Coach Melton. Melton is a really good coach. Why it's necessary for some people to live in the past and do their very best to try to bring up a sore spot is beyond me. You need to call those FEW foolish schoolboard members and tell them what Coach Melton has accomplished. I'm sure they would be ashamed of themselves.

I'll be the first to agree that the last part of that post SHOULD NOT have been made. IT will be my last comment on it. FYI, I'm not at all shy. I did express my opinion ,face to face. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'll be the first to agree that the last part of that post SHOULD NOT have been made. IT will be my last comment on it. FYI, I'm not at all shy. I did express my opinion ,face to face. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow. Congrats on not being shy. I wonder if you voiced your opinion face to face to the foolish ones.

I really like Livingston Academy's game and their coaches style. As far as the past goes, that's what I would call 'education'. You have to live in the past to a degree or you don't learn anything. If you guys want to slap each other on the backs and not endure any criticism, maybe you ought to meet out in the lobby before the games. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Coach Melton knows what he's got and he scheduled accordingly. I think every game on LA's pre-district schedule will help them down the road in the post season. Still, there's a lot of basketball to be played. LA was playing at mid season form at the beginning of the season. That's tough to sustain for an entire season.

Some, Yes! The ones I've run into in privately. Some , NO! Now who doesn't want to let this go?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are going to have to get used to LA fans not letting things go.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The record for points scored on the men's side is 2250, held by Richard Melton. The school record is 2633, held by Sunday Watson. As for letting things go, why are you even in this debate? If you didn't have a sour taste in your mouth after we beat you and ya boy Caruthers up, you would be praising instead of hating.

The record for points scored on the men's side is 2250, held by Richard Melton. The school record is 2633, held by Sunday Watson. As for letting things go, why are you even in this debate? If you didn't have a sour taste in your mouth after we beat you and ya boy Caruthers up, you would be praising instead of hating.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Enjoy your success this season. Your team is very worthy, but if these threads are just supposed to be an LA lovefest with no room for debate or outside opinions, keep it at home. Our district has a thread all it's own and it gets heated in there. HHS#1fan and I are just used to fans from other teams that can take a dig or two along the way without getting their tighty whities in a wad. It's all good. We have a lot of respect for what LA does on the court. That doesn't mean we can't have a little fun along the way. Lighten up.