Hillsboro Next Football Season

Are you being serious? The reason I ask is: one can't put anything past principals in MNPS. This is precisely the kind of junk I am afraid of happening at HHS.

I am. Im not a burro fan but I would hate to see this happen. I think Coach Komisar would be the most logical choice at this point and he's in house already. He has college playing experience, he has put in his time as an assistant, and if he wants it I would think and hope that he would be one of the top candidates.

My source is very reliable and very close to the situation at Hillsboro.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am. Im not a burro fan but I would hate to see this happen. I think Coach Komisar would be the most logical choice at this point and he's in house already. He has college playing experience, he has put in his time as an assistant, and if he wants it I would think and hope that he would be one of the top candidates.

My source is very reliable and very close to the situation at Hillsboro.

are they consiering mose phillips from hillwood? would like to see coach k get the job.

are they consiering mose phillips from hillwood? would like to see coach k get the job.

I doubt it. I would take the most qualified applicants and cross them off your list. Whats left is most likely to get this job. Again, the administration said that anyone could win with the athletes that they have. Scary but most likely its going to be one of his friends in the system already.

I doubt it. I would take the most qualified applicants and cross them off your list. Whats left is most likely to get this job. Again, the administration said that anyone could win with the athletes that they have. Scary but most likely its going to be one of his friends in the system already.

Well then, if the administration actually believes that notion then they understand the situation at HHS about as well as those looking on from the outside, which makes it even more pathetic. Whatever, I am glad HHS football finally got the Maryville gorilla off their back and won their 2nd state championship in football. However, if they destroy the program now it will be very disappointing.

Blade wanted to make sure HHS was in District 11-AAA for football because he understands that is the best way for HHS football to become the best program it can possibly be. It would be a shame if HHS didn't hire the most qualified person for the job, especially due to arrogance/stupidity. HHS football will NOT be steamrolling District 11-AAA regardless of who they get as HC. It will be a battle EVERY week. Their athleticism will HELP tremendously, but like with regard to beating Maryville, it will take far more than athleticism to win big against Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood, Independence, and Centennial. Not to mention, the other teams they may play on their schedule: Gallatin, Siegel, maybe MBA again.

Well then, if the administration actually believes that notion then they understand the situation at HHS about as well as those looking on from the outside, which makes it even more pathetic. Whatever, I am glad HHS football finally got the Maryville gorilla off their back and won their 2nd state championship in football. However, if they destroy the program now it will be very disappointing.

Blade wanted to make sure HHS was in District 11-AAA for football because he understands that is the best way for HHS football to become the best program it can possibly be. It would be a shame if HHS didn't hire the most qualified person for the job, especially due to arrogance/stupidity. HHS football will NOT be steamrolling District 11-AAA regardless of who they get as HC. It will be a battle EVERY week. Their athleticism will HELP tremendously, but like with regard to beating Maryville, it will take far more than athleticism to win big against Brentwood, Franklin, Ravenwood, Independence, and Centennial. Not to mention, the other teams they may play on their schedule: Gallatin, Siegel, maybe MBA again.

Agreed. Now of course the biggest thing Hillsboro has going for them is that they are really only contending with Centennial for a playoff spot. Centennial may be undergoing some changes as well. From what I hear principal Shrader may be up for the superintendent job. If that happens Centennial may not get the support that they have now as far as the administration. I still say Komisar is the most logical and probably the best candidate to step in if he wants it. The transition would be smooth and he has paid his dues. I think he deserves a shot. Just my opinion though. I wonder if Myers wishes he had waited a bit. I know he is probably happy being a head coach but he could have stayed where he was.

Agreed. Now of course the biggest thing Hillsboro has going for them is that they are really only contending with Centennial for a playoff spot. Centennial may be undergoing some changes as well. From what I hear principal Shrader may be up for the superintendent job. If that happens Centennial may not get the support that they have now as far as the administration. I still say Komisar is the most logical and probably the best candidate to step in if he wants it. The transition would be smooth and he has paid his dues. I think he deserves a shot. Just my opinion though. I wonder if Myers wishes he had waited a bit. I know he is probably happy being a head coach but he could have stayed where he was.

I agree about Komisar being the smoothest transition for the players. I also thought about that with regard to Myers, but then I considered that Myers deciding to leave very well could have been another reason for Blade to decide to leave also. Regardless, Myers should do fine at Springfield and Blade at Oak Ridge. They both know what it takes to get the job done.

Just heard something interesting from a very reliable source. I guess Hillsboro's principal thinks pretty highly of his current athletic situation. He has said that any coach could win with the athletes that they have. It is thought that Mr. Young will basically go through the normal trials of interviews and then name one of his buddies Head Coach of the burros. Looks like Hillsboro could be heading down hill fast if its left up to the administration, which it is.

The Hillsboro principal is unimpressive at best. He will take the easy way out and cost the school in the long run. Thats ok, this will help the other metro schools to improve their programs. Overton may benefit the most from this.

Principals rarely know what's best for a football program. This guy is a nice guy but without much background in actual teaching, coaching, or running a school. Typical metro these das. But it is the current metro...cant expect much these days, hah.

If this goes the direction you think it is, Hillboro will be down in 2 years.

The Hillsboro principal is unimpressive at best. He will take the easy way out and cost the school in the long run. Thats ok, this will help the other metro schools to improve their programs. Overton may benefit the most from this.

Principals rarely know what's best for a football program. This guy is a nice guy but without much background in actual teaching, coaching, or running a school. Typical metro these das. But it is the current metro...cant expect much these days, hah.

What I've been concerned about ALL along. MNPS didn't like what HHS was doing from 2003-2007. It was different from everything they'd seen and known in "edumacation".

I wonder if the "right" coach is not chosen if some of the players will feel the need to go to their zoned schools and sit out a year. I think that could be interesting and in turn it would ultimately hurt one team and possible help many. Does anyone know if Coach Komisar is interested or who the possible candidates are? How bout it Chief? If the "right" coach is not chosen how much of the current staff will stay intact? Two have already left being Blade and Myers.

Coach K is very interested as he should be. Will he be given a proper chance? Who knows.

One problem at Hillsboro is the lack of coaches that are actually in the building. Komisar is the only one left on a day to day basis from this past season's staff. It was only he, Blade and Myers anyway. Everyone else came over each day from other jobs.

We have the same situation at East Lit. Head coach in the building. One assistant is retired, one is a substitute teacher, one is in finance and one works at Lowe's.

Coach K is very interested as he should be. Will he be given a proper chance? Who knows.

One problem at Hillsboro is the lack of coaches that are actually in the building. Komisar is the only one left on a day to day basis from this past season's staff. It was only he, Blade and Myers anyway. Everyone else came over each day from other jobs.

We have the same situation at East Lit. Head coach in the building. One assistant is retired, one is a substitute teacher, one is in finance and one works at Lowe's.

I agree. The biggest difference in the last coaching search and this one is the entire staff was a full-time teacher at the school before and had plenty of coaching experience already. This time the majority of the staff doesn't teach at HHS and are very young coaches. It will be interesting to see what happens. I REALLY hope HHS doesn't get complacent with their past football success and hires the best candidate possible regardless. If that is Komisar, I will be more than satisfied.