Hillsboro Next Football Season

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The burro faithful better hope the principal is smart enough to go OUTSIDE metro and hire a quality coach instead of a meto retread

It worked with the last hire.

I just think HHS needs to hire the very best possible candidate whether that be Coach Komisar or someone from another state. Whatever they do, I hope they don't settle for convenience!

I just think HHS needs to hire the very best possible candidate whether that be Coach Komisar or someone from another state. Whatever they do, I hope they don't settle for convenience!

It doesn't even look like they're going by convenience, because Coach K would easily be the most convenient canidate for the job. Whoever gets it I hope they don't come in and try to install every single play in their playbook with their new system, but instead just get the basic idea down, and some simple "bread and butter" plays and the Burros should be fine.

No easy Metro schedule this year, it's gunna be the best of the best week in, week out.

It doesn't even look like they're going by convenience, because Coach K would easily be the most convenient canidate for the job. Whoever gets it I hope they don't come in and try to install every single play in their playbook with their new system, but instead just get the basic idea down, and some simple "bread and butter" plays and the Burros should be fine.

No easy Metro schedule this year, it's gunna be the best of the best week in, week out.

maybe i don't know much football but if a coach is able to install their entire offense, that means the players are picking it up pretty easy - that's a good thing - right?

what does convenience mean? Coach K is the most convenient choice. Whether the candidate is from out of state or across the street - it's no more or less convenient for the school. A new hire is a new hire. The principal is going to drive the moving van.

maybe i don't know much football but if a coach is able to install their entire offense, that means the players are picking it up pretty easy - that's a good thing - right?

That's true. It just depends on how complex certain aspects are and the time restraint. If the new coach was hired tomorrow and came in, the kids would be fine, but if the Burros' don't have a spring ball and no play book and get into the summer then it's going to be rough on them. I've heard Blade say his first year at Hillsboro coming in the summer, he didn't teach all of the plays he wanted and stuck to the more simple things, so they could know what they were doing and be able to concentrate on less plays (he probably runs one of the more complex/varied/detailed offenses in Tennessee though).

I just have a feeling this new coach won't be in till May and if that's the case, Hillsboro needs their guys who are actually going to contribute next year to work their butt's off not only in the weight room and on the field, but in the film room and on the board.

what does convenience mean? Coach K is the most convenient choice. Whether the candidate is from out of state or across the street - it's no more or less convenient for the school. A new hire is a new hire. The principal is going to drive the moving van.

If Coach Komisar is the best available candidate then wonderful. Convenience and the best available candidate are both satisfied with the same hire in that case. However, I think the absolute best available candidate should be hired regardless of convenience. That's all I mean.