Hampton Basketball

The Cloudland and Hampton game was pretty good the other night. Cloudland wasn't able to put enough pressure on the Dogs like they have some other teams, but things may be different on Roan Mountain when the Dogs have to travel.

The conference race doesn't get much easier in the next few weeks for any of the local teams. University High has lost to Hampton and Unaka in overtime and both schools have to play them again. Cloudland has to travel to Unaka and to University High. The Dogs have to play on the road at Unaka Tuesday after a non-conference rival game against Elizabethton. Hampton may be in for a surprise in the next few nights. Good luck to all teams as the conference could shake out a number of different ways!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you are experiencing is called JEALOUSY!!! Know matter what this team does there are still people who can find nothing good to say about the team and that is sad. THEY JUST BEAT CLOUDLAND TO DEATH!!! The player you are talking about played GREAT last night. He made some very good passes and some nice shots. I'm just happy that the jealousy and stupidity is in the stands and not on the bench...

I agree Vader!

U got admit, shooting 20% is not acceptable at all. A certain guard needs to get his head up and look up the floor for others instead of just ward. This guard may score 15 to 20 points a game, but shooting thirty times is not acceptable. Thats just wat i and others see.

tonight we saw what happens when Nathaniel Hughes is not on the floor...

Big win by the Dawgs tonight at Unaka. Some of the Hampton players had a below average game (this 3 games in 5 nights stretch against the Bulldogs 3 biggest rivals may have wore Hampton down a little), but Dylan Ward picked up the slack. He was unstoppable. If he would have made his foul shots he probably would have had 35 or 40...

This crowd tonight was awesome. It felt like I was at a Hampton-Unaka game from 2001. I love Hampton's gym and it is definately one of the nicest in the area, but it is hard to beat the atmosphere at Snavely...

Big win by the Dawgs tonight at Unaka. Some of the Hampton players had a below average game (this 3 games in 5 nights stretch against the Bulldogs 3 biggest rivals may have wore Hampton down a little), but Dylan Ward picked up the slack. He was unstoppable. If he would have made his foul shots he probably would have had 35 or 40...

This crowd tonight was awesome. It felt like I was at a Hampton-Unaka game from 2001. I love Hampton's gym and it is definately one of the nicest in the area, but it is hard to beat the atmosphere at Snavely...

Alrighty. Tonight was the 1st time I've seen Hampton this year... I don't know who is who.. And this is what I think: #5 WILL became an amazing shooter, like Aaron Woodacre good. That kid has a good looking shot. There was another good one, can't remember the number, but he made some good drives inside. #13. I think he has the most potentail to be an amazing ALL AROUND player. Offense. Defense. On the boards. And a leader. I don't know who is who, but thats my take on it.

tonight we saw what happens when Nathaniel Hughes is not on the floor...

I agree again Vader! I know Hughes made a few mistakes, but people forget about the times he beat the press all by himself and got hampton in position to score. I don't really know what the coaches were thinking to leave him out that long. I think it cost Hampton the game. It really helped putting him back in with 17 seconds left! Even if Hughes is not scoring, he has to be in the game because other teams still have to guard him and it takes some of the pressure off of Ward and Jones.

Alrighty. Tonight was the 1st time I've seen Hampton this year... I don't know who is who.. And this is what I think: #5 WILL became an amazing shooter, like Aaron Woodacre good. That kid has a good looking shot. There was another good one, can't remember the number, but he made some good drives inside. #13. I think he has the most potentail to be an amazing ALL AROUND player. Offense. Defense. On the boards. And a leader. I don't know who is who, but thats my take on it.

#5 is Nathanael Hughes and #13 is Dylan Ward. Both are sophomores!

#5 is Nathaniel Hughes and #13 is Dylan Ward. I'm pretty sure he had 30. I would say the other player you are thinking of is #4 Jacob Jones, another sophmore. He's been playing really good here lately, and is a very underrated player on this Hampton team...

I agree both are very good players. But a very good defensive team takes both players out of their game. You shut down Ward then you put hughes in the position who is a pass first type of point guard who gets other involved and you make him become a scorer. You make the other players beat you Make the others prove themselves and force the big guns to take bad shots... Most players with a very good scorers mentality will shy away from the ball if they know they are guarded heavily or take a portion of bad shots.

All in all though Hampton put themselves in the best position to win a basketball game tonight and did a very good job Unaka didn't make the type of shots they hit against Unicoi and I think it hurt them alot down the stretch.

I Agree, with the atmosphere at Unaka. Loud Crowd is right! It was like being at a college game.

The Bulldogs are still undefeated in single (A) play and getting conference wins @ places like Snavely and UH's Brooks Gym earlier in the season are key!

Go Bulldogs and God Bless!!

:Next game @ Providence Academy, Friday - January 30th - 8p.m.