district 11AA

ballbasher30

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central will be the 2 seed because they are 3-1 against Harpeth and Creek Wood.

Creek Wood is the 3 seed because they are 2-2 against Harpeth and Central.

Harpeth is the 4 seed because they are 1-3 against Creek Wood and Central.

That's the first tie breaker.

I don't know about district MVP. I'd like to see how they did in the big games. I agree it probably ought to be a pitcher this year. Quillen got beat by Creek Wood, Foriest lost his last 3 after a good start. Presley only lost the one game to Montgomery Central in the district and beat Sycamore and Creek Wood down the stretch.

I don't know about district MVP. I'd like to see how they did in the big games. I agree it probably ought to be a pitcher this year. Quillen got beat by Creek Wood, Foriest lost his last 3 after a good start. Presley only lost the one game to Montgomery Central in the district and beat Sycamore and Creek Wood down the stretch.

The reason I said Quillen wasn't just because of his pitching but his defense and bat. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure he's committed 3 errors and has been struck out 4 times. He's been a solid key in Sycamore's success.

foriest has had losses for the last three games but the first loss to montgomery central he had 16 strike outs and a no hitter and the other two losses were due to a large number of un earned runs and dropped third strikes i would say he averages between 11-12 strike out a game for the season and he is a junior hitting anywere from 88-92 mph not to mention he is the number 4 batter with a ba in the upper 300's

foriest has had losses for the last three games but the first loss to montgomery central he had 16 strike outs and a no hitter and the other two losses were due to a large number of un earned runs and dropped third strikes i would say he averages between 11-12 strike out a game for the season and he is a junior hitting anywere from 88-92 mph not to mention he is the number 4 batter with a ba in the upper 300's

I can see the Central game. 11-1 against Sycamore wasn't dropped 3rd strikes so much as nasty curve balls in the dirt at the wrong time. You don't make a living with 6-8 K2-3's against a good team. Would have lost either way without any errors. Creek Wood beat him 3-0 in a great game. I'm just saying you don't win the Cy Young if you win half your division games, no matter how they were lost or how close they were. The freshmen #2 has more district wins on the bump. W's beats K's every time.

I'm not an advocate of district MVP's. They are individual awards for a team sport. Who cares. Just throwing out some numbers to think on. Believe me, coacht votes aren't taken into consideration. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can see the Central game. 11-1 against Sycamore wasn't dropped 3rd strikes so much as nasty curve balls in the dirt at the wrong time. You don't make a living with 6-8 K2-3's against a good team. Would have lost either way without any errors. Creek Wood beat him 3-0 in a great game. I'm just saying you don't win the Cy Young if you win half your division games, no matter how they were lost or how close they were. The freshmen #2 has more district wins on the bump. W's beats K's every time.

I'm not an advocate of district MVP's. They are individual awards for a team sport. Who cares. Just throwing out some numbers to think on. Believe me, coacht votes aren't taken into consideration. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Hey ks I heard that this is y'alls assistant's last year. I know your tired of hearing rumors, but I'm just making sure this is correct information. If it is his last year why is it? Y'all are going to have a heck of a team the next couple of years, why now?

Hey ks I heard that this is y'alls assistant's last year. I know your tired of hearing rumors, but I'm just making sure this is correct information. If it is his last year why is it? Y'all are going to have a heck of a team the next couple of years, why now?

i have heard they may be looking for a new head coach, any truth to that?

Well, it's been a lot of drama for the Cheatham County supplement which might pay for your gas back and forth to practices and games. Coach T does it for the love of the game. His brother is graduating too, which I'm sure is a factor.

Look, I couldn't give anybody in Cheatham County any good reasons for taking on an assistant baseball coaching position in the school system outside of love for the game and molding boys into young men. Being a babysitter wears on you. Losing money or time from a real job gets old. Dealing with unreasonable and out of touch parents really gets old. Going fishing really sounds like the better deal sometimes.

That being said, I hope this isn't finalized. You don't make those sort of decisions in season or in the immediate aftermath of a district race. Hopefully he'll think on it for awhile.

i have heard they may be looking for a new head coach, any truth to that?

Not to my knowledge.