district 11AA

ballbasher30

I think your right downsouth we must be finished by the 6th (wed).When and where is state? Who do you guys think could win state this year?I hear alot of talk about those knoxville teams. Would like it to be someone closer to home.

No, region first and I have to brush up on it again because it is the most stupid format I've ever seen. Basically the game after district is an elimination game, the region finals are not and teams will save their #1 because..............it doesn't mean anything. Then there's a sub-state (sectional) game where the loser is eliminated, so it's elimination game, seeding game, elimination game, state. That way, you see you really only have to have a really good #1 to get to state. You don't need a pitching staff until you get there when 'poof' .............it becomes a double elimination tournament. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

AA bracket

The winner and runner-up will play the same from 12AA which is the Lexington/Bolivar/South Side guys. This is region 6. The guys that lose on day one go home and the guys that lose in the second game get to play the winner of Region 5 which will be Lipscomb,Page, Spring Hill and those guys (Districts 9 and 10).

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, region first and I have to brush up on it again because it is the most stupid format I've ever seen. Basically the game after district is an elimination game, the region finals are not and teams will save their #1 because..............it doesn't mean anything. Then there's a sub-state (sectional) game where the loser is eliminated, so it's elimination game, seeding game, elimination game, state. That way, you see you really only have to have a really good #1 to get to state. You don't need a pitching staff until you get there.

AA bracket

Im still curious as to how to get all the games in by wed.. double elimination right?? Looks like two different places to play wed for the mc winner,I must be missing something..

First games of region is May 11. That's Monday week. We have plenty of time if it doesn't rain all next week. I haven't seen a bracket, but with 2 sites, you can double the games played. I do like the way the district is handling this instead of the old play in game. It takes 5 days though and I wouldn't sit at home over the weekend if the weather was nice just cuz.

1st day- 4 losers, nobody eliminated- 4 team bracket x 2

2nd day- 4 losers, 2 teams eliminated- [loser's bracket elimination game, winner's bracket game] x 2

3rd day- 2 losers, 2 teams eliminated- [loser's bracket elimination game only, winner's bracket gets a game's rest] x 2

4th day- 2 losers, 2 teams eliminated- [winner's bracket winner vs loser's bracket winner plus the IF game if necessary] x 2

5th day-Championship game- no IF. Winner hosts Region 5 loser, loser plays @ Region 5 winner.

I like the format to here. We've finally got it right in our district. At the region level I'd just play a double elimination tournament with the 4 teams rather than make it single elimination during the first round and send the winner of each region to a 16 team state and do away with the single elimination sectional game OR play a best 2 of 3 at sectional to get a little deeper into pitching staffs and then send 8 deserving teams. I hate the one and done (sometimes)portion of the post season in baseball at region and sectional.

MEMO to anyone who calls themselves a leader on this thread.

LEADERS do the following:

Rally on the team even when it is not pretty

Get respect from every teammate

RUN out EVERY ball no matter the location

Play the game with ZERO smack talked to opponent

So far I have made arguements against the D-1/PRO? prospect from Harpeth that can't beat double A schools in high school baseball.

I don't mind anyone calling anyone a leader. But let the play of that individual set that in stone. Not only the play, everything else that goes with it.

Foriest has the ULTIMATE potential to be a GREAT high school baseball player, and maybe even a college player. But there are alot of LHP's that can sling the pill with alot better attitude. All potential means is "you" haven't done it yet. Foriest needs to play the game and not let all the other stuff bother him.

Good Luck to all teams in the district. If you play

i agree. he can throw hard but he doesnt have much accuracy. he is ok but he is definately not dominating..

Hooper shut out Harpeth that was impressive,as we all know Harpeth is no joke on the feild they can flat out play and beat anybody..As far as Foriest goes shook his hand after CW game he pitched very respectful young man he also pitched well enough for his team to have won that game.But the Mills win over CW stands out in my mind very impressive outing for him that game..There is alot of talant in our district saw alot of impressive infeilder plays this year..also saw some wicked curve balls from some of the slower pitchers that seemed to make up for the speed.

MEMO to anyone who calls themselves a leader on this thread.

LEADERS do the following:

Rally on the team even when it is not pretty

Get respect from every teammate

RUN out EVERY ball no matter the location

Play the game with ZERO smack talked to opponent

So far I have made arguements against the D-1/PRO? prospect from Harpeth that can't beat double A schools in high school baseball.

I don't mind anyone calling anyone a leader. But let the play of that individual set that in stone. Not only the play, everything else that goes with it.

Foriest has the ULTIMATE potential to be a GREAT high school baseball player, and maybe even a college player. But there are alot of LHP's that can sling the pill with alot better attitude. All potential means is "you" haven't done it yet. Foriest needs to play the game and not let all the other stuff bother him.

Good Luck to all teams in the district. If you play

Let it go. The MVP last year was no saint.

Don't get me started on post season in this state. They drag it out forever. There should be games at least tentatively scheduled for tomorrow. There's no intention of playing on weekends for whatever reason.

You can play a 32 team tournament in 4 days in the summer. Do what they do.

because 3 teams in our district have prom on saturday that is why we never play on saturday because some schools are having prom. We would love to play on Saturday, but we can't that is the reason....

I think your right downsouth we must be finished by the 6th (wed).When and where is state? Who do you guys think could win state this year?I hear alot of talk about those knoxville teams. Would like it to be someone closer to home.

Friday the 8th

10 4 careful! It is all good. We will try on Monday. Creek Wood vs Cheatham @ 430 and Stewart vs Mont. Central. Both at Mont. Central. Sycamore's bracket is Harpeth vs. Waverly at 430 and Sycamore vs Fairview at 700. 4 Cast is GLOOMY! They played yesterday at Jackson South Side in 12AA. My connections tell me Growe and company did a good job managing a little rain and they ahd elimination games yesterday. McNairy Cent. beat Lexington 13-8 and next years district member Camden beat Cheser Co 5 2. 12 AA will play monday with a winners bracket game betwen #1 Jackson South Side and #2 Bolivar. and another elimination game between Camden and McNairy. 12AA started on Thurs. 10AAA washed for today at DC and CHS!! At least Tiger is on.

because 3 teams in our district have prom on saturday that is why we never play on saturday because some schools are having prom. We would love to play on Saturday, but we can't that is the reason....

Friday the 8th

I hear you. Start at 10 or 12 and be through way before you have to pick up your date. I played a high school baseball game every year on prom day and still made it to the prom. You guys aren't getting up-dos or going to the tanning bed are you? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

District 10AA had games scheduled. So did 8AAA. We need to coordinate proms or work around them. It's moot with the rain, but we sure cut ourselves short on this thing. Sounds like 12AA's gonna have rested arms for the elimination round coachrop.