district 11AA

ballbasher30

i heard about this story. its a sad story, but the kids play hard i seen them play this year at the GDTP. spring hills short stop can flat out play baseball.

Spring Hill's SS this season is Tyler Bigler # 23. He is a junior. You are right the kid can play. He is going to play some big time college baseball in my opinion. He has a great opportunity to get some looks this summer. He will be playing with the Columbia Post 19 Sr Team. He will be playing against 19U players and college players everyday. It Should make him even better and will let him know where he stands against some other really good players.

The GDTP tournament was an awesome tournament! Creek Wood has a really nice park! I loved the deck down the right field line. That is a great place to watch a game!

Good luck to Sycamore and Creek Wood in the Region Tournament!

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing it will be Quillen for sycamore, and Hooper for cw on the bump.

Good Luck to both teams hopefully they can both pull it off and meet wendsday...

Yeah. Absolutely. It better be. There's no game Wednesday if you lose this one and Wednesday's game is a scrimmage more or less, since you can't be eliminated in it. Gotta win on Monday and Friday to go to state.

Yeah. I've heard some stuff, but I haven't seen anything official. The rumor is that there were 3 co MVP's this year.

I think Harpeth had Lathan Turner, Devin Presley and Jess Morris, but that's not official.

After 4

Bolivar Central 4

Sycamore 0

Are you serious on the three from harpeth, their are others more worthy.

This season is over for Sycamore, losing to Bolivar 9-1.

To the seniors from Sycamore:

Kyle Quillen- The kid played his heart out all year. It definately showed in the stat column. Off the field the kid is swell. He has a good future ahead of him.

Jace Hunter- You can't say enough about this kid's competitiveness. He faught hard for this club and you couldn't have asked more.

Cory Carrigan- This kid pushed this team through thick and thin. He was the voice for this club when everyone else was quiet. He yelled an screamed at everyone to keep their heads up all year.

Matt Graham- This kid always had a high motor and never slowed down for anything. The kid climbed a mountain this year. He deserves everything he has worked for.

Dalton Townley- he came up and did his job every time we was called on. He was more laid back and was a good team first guy all year.

Tyler Cherry- This kid has been the "unsung hero" all year. He was a clutch guy and hit the big ones when needed.

His range was great in the field. He made great catches all season.

Jake Sirmeyer- This kid was a great all around guy. He had fun with the game am still worked hard all season. He pitched his best in the clutch and came up huge with his bat, especially late in the season.

Overall- This is the best senior group I've ever gotten the privledge to play with. On the field they worked hard and lead by example, off the field they were just ordinary guys with friendly smiles. I truly hope I can see them all play college ball somewhere.

Thanks for everything guys.

Yeah. I've heard some stuff, but I haven't seen anything official. The rumor is that there were 3 co MVP's this year.

I think Harpeth had Lathan Turner, Devin Presley and Jess Morris, but that's not official.

After 4

Bolivar Central 4

Sycamore 0

im guessin mills, quillen, and foriest????

congrats to CW on a great season. good luck to all the seniors in the future.

im guessin mills, quillen, and foriest????

congrats to CW on a great season. good luck to all the seniors in the future.

i would agree with mills and quillen but not foriest.

let me throw this question out, how can players be picked for all district if coaches don't have stats figured before the voting?

Come on guys. I don't know how or why you pick an all district team anyway. There's a lot of stuff that plays into it, but I agree Foriest got screwed if you are talking about performance on the field. If it's a Miss Congeniality contest, then why bother? Two kids from Sycamore and the Mills kid from Central were co MVP's. I think Quillen and Hunter, but I don't really know. Nathan Foriest was all tournament in the Wood Bat World Series in Cobb County, GA last year with the Franklin Outlaws and can't make an all district team in a year where the top 2 teams get swept in regions? Give me a break. Stats? Come on. It's an election. A popularity contest at best. Two games is all most district coaches get to form an opinion on the thing. They're hardly qualified to say who's the best 10 or 12 or however many there are with that little input.

Every year, every sport, some coach from one of our district schools will say, 'We didn't get it right' on the all district or MVP selections. It's not always a Harpeth coach either fwiw. If we're not getting it right, let's give everybody a participation trophy and a voucher for an ice cream cone. All district teams are ludicrous. They were when I played and they haven't improved. I think there's a pretty good reason why everybody doesn't know who's on the all district team.

Off my soap box.

It was a competitive year with some good baseball played. I hope the Sycamore games don't lose their luster in the next few years but I wish them well in their new district.