Just Pitchers

Coach Mo

Anna Renfroe didn't pitch a lot for her travel team because she didn't see any pitching time in the spring with her high school team being her two older sisters were the only ones in the rotation. You don't need three pitchers or someone will not get the pitching time they nedd to be great pitchers . You only get better when you pitch to batters. Anna went almost 9 months before she pitched to a batter in June. The last time she pitched to a batter before June was in late September where her middle school team won the Middle School Tournament. But by the way Lauren Ridell is a sweet girl and a good pitcher!

Ivy and Ellen's travel team NEVER played the Germantown Gold team last year. Ellen wasn't even on a Gold team. I do know Ellen's 16u team came in 4th in the ASA Nationals. There was over 100 amazing teams there. They were all good enough to win! Ivy's team didn't qualify but missed getting qualified in 3 tournaments by one game. THere were 4 pitchers on her team and she had a slight elbow injury mid-summer so Ivy didn't pitch much the month of July.

Brooke Thomas is a great pitcher but Trinity beat her twice last year. Just because Trinity beat her twice doesn't mean she's a bad pitcher just like when the Renfroes get beat doesn't mean their not going to succeed at Tennessee.

overtime.....1-0 IMO I think there are many great pitchers in the state of TN. Toby Joy did an excellent job. She should fair well.This seems to be an A board. No doubt the renfros will be strong in district. I think that like all teams wiht great pitchers hurts them when they get to state. Their team isnt use to fielding. No doubt Huntingdon 's Thomas has fewer strike outs, but more experienced players fielding. Just my humble opinion. Everyone doesnt have to agree. I think Ellen is the strongest pitcher at Trinity. I wish them all well but wish Huntingdon success in the end. I would have loved to have seen ANna pitch for the middle school. It is a problem with smaller schools and deciding what to do. She will have her time soon.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overtime.....1-0 IMO I think there are many great pitchers in the state of TN. Toby Joy did an excellent job. She should fair well.This seems to be an A board. No doubt the renfros will be strong in district. I think that like all teams wiht great pitchers hurts them when they get to state. Their team isnt use to fielding. No doubt Huntingdon 's Thomas has fewer strike outs, but more experienced players fielding. Just my humble opinion. Everyone doesnt have to agree. I think Ellen is the strongest pitcher at Trinity. I wish them all well but wish Huntingdon success in the end. I would have loved to have seen ANna pitch for the middle school. It is a problem with smaller schools and deciding what to do. She will have her time soon.

I did get to watch thomas pitch in a state game last year. She did a great job i believe she only gave up 2 or 3 hit and ko'd several.

I'd keep my eye on "Kat" Banks from Beech. She had an impressive sophmore year last season. Watched her pitch in the Riverdale tournament last year as well as at the "Boro" I would expect her to have that team back there again this year. The Buc's will be adding a couple of freshman off the Cruisers travel team I think which should help, one of which I believe is her younger sister who is also someone to watch in the circle over the next few years. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Lauren Riddle is a great pitcher as is Anna Renfoe. Both are very grounded in life. I have watch both of these up and coming pitchers in middle school (for Travel Ball purposes) and both of these young ladies are potentially D1 pitchers. Anna is in 9th grade at TCA now and Lauren is in the 8th grade at USJ. Last year TCA middle school won over 20 games and lost 3 with Anna's pitching. This year Coach Dunn and the USJ lady Bruin Middle school softball won 25 and lost 1 game led by Lauren Riddle. Both teams won the Regional Championship played at the Sportsplex.

I also agree to the comment about pitcher/catcher relationship being important.

Who will be the top pitchers in Tennessee this year?

I would have to add 2 girls from Jefferson County. Tori Hill and Ashley Earl both have amplified speed and both throw some great pitches. Obviously I am there everyday at practice as a teammate. They both bust their butts thrown about 100 pitches just in the hour we have been having on the field. With TSSAA rules stating our coaches cannot be coaching they work on their own leaving a good impression on everyone. Look out for Earl and Hill who have both thrown no hitters vs district teams as well as in Tourneys.

I have to support my east tn gals = knoxville. What about Courtney Humprheys (Powell, softmore) and

Sam Smith (Gibbs, freshman). 2 girls to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have heard good things about Sam Smith, she is supposed to be a freshman to watch