Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

Yeah Big Tevin Bryson could be just like another De Perry he has a nice outside shot and he's about 6'2 6'3 or something.DeVante Pertile is a nice prospect he's very athletic can already dunk and has a nice outside shot... he's about 5'9 right now.

Is our Jr. High running the same jump program as our High School or are the kids just coming into the gym and throwing it down??

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Big Tevin Bryson could be just like another De Perry he has a nice outside shot and he's about 6'2 6'3 or something.DeVante Pertile is a nice prospect he's very athletic can already dunk and has a nice outside shot... he's about 5'9 right now.

Pertile can not dunk!

i go in practices to see them warm up all the time and he cant dunk yet

he can get rim tho

McLilly can dunk sometimes

its more like a poke

but still he's gettin up there

Is our Jr. High running the same jump program as our High School or are the kids just coming into the gym and throwing it down??

... they come into the gym throwing down

i didnt get any kind of jumping program in Jr High

Then why in God's name haven't you told anyone about it????? People have been asking all year why they don't play stiff competition....I don't care if it is scrimmage or not...give some info since people have been on ya'lls case all year I'd have thought someone would have posted this. How many times, when , and how did it go???

we play all our "stiff competition" teams in preseason

teams like Northside

Southside

Bolivar sometimes

Arkansas teams (dont know specifics on that one)

Liberty

Dyer Co if the brackets work right

and some others

but the preseason doesn't really count as much

but we played Northside a couple days before the season started and won

by somewhere around 8-13 points

i cant remember exactly but i saw the last half

Yeah,I know Smith's little brother can really play basketball & Campbell's brother is a nice ball player as well..but who's the sharp shooting lefty besides Brooks?

The Freshman on the team this year is a talented group of ball players that will have to step up next year.They have about 7 or 8 in all and have a tremendous upside.

i dont know his name

but he is #30 for the Jr High

left handed

plays almost exactly the same as Wade

even shoots floaters from time to time

and makes them! lol

humboldt lost to liberty by 20 in the playday. They also played bolivar without tevin and cris reaves playin. bolivar won by six i think.

Redgold just posted they do scrimmage Liberty...QUITE OFTEN...I wanna know how those games went. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!

Humboldt played Liberty in a Jamboree before the season started. Liberty was able to jump out to a lrge lead early. Can't remember the final score but I think Liberty won the game though.....Being an ex viking myself, I know Humboldt never try to win Jamborees...They just treat them as practice.....

yankees...They played in the Battle for the State Tournament @ Lipscomb...Not the Battle of the Bluff....

You touched on it....Union City went out and played the teams you mentioned because Sisco knows that the teams he plays in the district, other than LC & H'Boldt, are not going to help his team get any better....You know I've been saying for awhile now, watch out for the Tornadoes come tournament time....I think those teams UC has played this year and the bumps they have taken to the noggin will do nothing but help....I think you can see the improvement they have made from the start of the season till now....Tuesday could be very interesting in Tiptonville...

I can't for the life of me understand why Boykins would not go out and schedule teams that would push his team knowing he had a stacked team this year.....Makes no sense other than piling up a good record against weak to mediocre teams....

Sorry about that..I meant battle of the state....battle of the bluff is an AAU event.

Wasn't trying to sound smart, but look at Manasass district it is not as strong as District 14! They do play a tough non district schedule i undersdtand that. Everone knows Memphis is a hot bed for basketball! Next season HBT will have some wiggle room on their schedule. Will probably play a tougher non district schedule. Everone who gets to the boro from west tn i will pull for them!!

Zebra, you are right. Manassas district is rather weak.

Oh really, you think they can play with White Station, Raliegh Egypt, Melrose, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Southwind, Bearden.........I would bet my house White Station , Raliegh Egypt, and Melrose would run them out of the gym......I don't need google or a newspaper to show me that...I have seen White Station and Melrose in person this season....it would be a laugher. GET REAL!!!!!! That was funny!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I think you are the one that doesn't go to taht many games....LOL except for Humboldt.

OK the Legend will give you his assessment of Humboldt now that all the riffraff is gone! lol!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Humboldt runs about 6 deep as far as guys who can contribute. Crayton is better then I thought. Taylor? (He IS WHAT I THOUGHT HE WAS) #23 this little guy can FLY! (But can??™t do much more then that) #5 is the only consistent shooter from outside. LC pressure 2-2-1 gave HB H3ll in the 2nd Quarter. #31 Dunbar attacks the rim pretty good (but can only go to his strong hand) #30 who ever he defends on Manassas team will kill him!!! Last HB will have to play Manassas game to beat them Manassas will force them into playing a style they not accustom to. Manassas will make them do things they have not had to do all season. That will be the difference. HB will get exposed if this game happens. HB has a few more weaknesses but I won??™t share them. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Redgold just posted they do scrimmage Liberty...QUITE OFTEN...I wanna know how those games went. Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!

Not during the season, I'll get the b4 season information. Doesn't really mean anything though, but I'll try to get what I can.

Scrimmaged Northside and beat them by 13.

Scrimmaged Liberty and loss in the last seconds.

Not sure if this was with or without Dunbar and Campbell they are footballers also.

Game play has totally changed since the opening Jamborees.

Earlier I asked and no one answered...how will HB react when the get on the floor against teams that have dominate big men and guards????...they have had a size advantage over alot of tems in this area thus far. How will playing a team like that change their game and are they well prepared to change things up when faced with that???????

Again...since no one answered me earlier but P&G /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> This is a simple question.