Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

I was there, lol...If Legend still claims Humboldt ain't no good, he's officially crazy, lol. The game the other night was unbelievable! I'll be at the Milan @ Humboldt game tonight as well.

red, did I sit in front of you the other night at the game? I know one guy behind me came down from Nashville to watch the game and I was looking at where your from on your name.

I was the one who behind you at the game, & a great game it was. I don't understand how legend can say, "that Humboldt is not that good", that's even if he was truely at the game. Charles is my cousin, so I try and come down when I get a chance to see him play since this is his senior year. I predict that If Humboldt plays like that for the rest of the year they will be "STATE CHAMPS".

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me that Manassas is the underdog. If somebody new were to get on here and read this thread they would clearly ask themselves....Who the heck is this Humboldt team? This sounds like an all star AAU team.

Legend, Make sure you let the Manassas kids know nobody north of Memphis and even some in Memphis is not giving them a legit shot to win. Everybody has more or less said they don't have a chance. Make sure you let them know about the guarantees in the press of winning the state by the two star players from Humboldt.

I'm serious Legend....Nobody on here other than you and I actually, honestly, truly believe Manassas has a chance if they were to meet up against Humboldt.

Forgot, Make sure you let Buckner know people north of Memphis think he is overrated and make sure you let Northington know the same people think he is some garbage and not really that good. You don't have to tell Woodard,Walker, Carroll, and Hollawy anything.....these same people don't even know who they are. I guess you could let them know that people north of Memphis think Manassas is nothing more than the Reginald Buckner show and they give the rest of the team zero credit.

You are taking these posts the wrong way I think. At first, Legend (not sure about you yankee) said that Humboldt stood no chance against Manassas. IMO, we have a much better chance than last year. This year's Humboldt's team is more athletic than last year's. We also play more team ball this year. This matchup would be great and I would be excited for it. I have no idea who would win this game, but i will guarantee that it will not be a blow out either way.

You are taking these posts the wrong way I think. At first, Legend (not sure about you yankee) said that Humboldt stood no chance against Manassas. IMO, we have a much better chance than last year. This year's Humboldt's team is more athletic than last year's. We also play more team ball this year. This matchup would be great and I would be excited for it. I have no idea who would win this game, but i will guarantee that it will not be a blow out either way.

Thanks...that was a good post. This is the matchup all the fans want to see. I hope it happens as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I was the one who behind you at the game, & a great game it was. I don't understand how legend can say, "that Humboldt is not that good", that's even if he was truely at the game. Charles is my cousin, so I try and come down when I get a chance to see him play since this is his senior year. I predict that If Humboldt plays like that for the rest of the year they will be "STATE CHAMPS".

Alright, cool man... good to meet you. I was the one talking to Elgin mostly if you didn't have it figured out.

The game was awesome! The dunks were more awesome! Charles and Tevin are both fun to watch for sure.

Legend, I hate to break it to ya brother.... Manassas is playing the underdog role this year. Buckner is good and no one ever said he was overrated. I don't know where yankees got that kind of observation down. I did say that Manassas is overrated. Ya, they beat Craigmont, but barely beat Middle College and Middleton. By the way Legend, Gibson Co. played Middleton before the season started and only lost to them by 6, LOL!!!! You overhyped Manassas. You didn't overhype Buckner though. Kudos and good luck on making it to state!!!!!

Alright, cool man... good to meet you. I was the one talking to Elgin mostly if you didn't have it figured out.

The game was awesome! The dunks were more awesome! Charles and Tevin are both fun to watch for sure.

Legend, I hate to break it to ya brother.... Manassas is playing the underdog role this year. Buckner is good and no one ever said he was overrated. I don't know where yankees got that kind of observation down. I did say that Manassas is overrated. Ya, they beat Craigmont, but barely beat Middle College and Middleton. By the way Legend, Gibson Co. played Middleton before the season started and only lost to them by 6, LOL!!!! You overhyped Manassas. You didn't overhype Buckner though. Kudos and good luck on making it to state!!!!!

I didn't say you said Buckner was overrated. You know better because you have seen him. Was not talking about you. BTW, what was the score of Humboldt/ Middelton? Seems like Humboldt only beat Middleton by 7......that is correct...Right. I guess that game didn't count. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> or it didn't mean anything because it was mid november... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I didn't say you said Buckner was overrated. You know better because you have seen him. Was not talking about you. BTW, what was the score of Humboldt/ Middelton? Seems like Humboldt only beat Middleton by 7......that is correct...Right. I guess that game didn't count. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> or it didn't mean anything because it was mid november... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Many changes since then. We are climbing the ladder and haven't reached the top. Humboldt is still improving.

Well considering that was mid November and this is mid February, you'd figure Manassas would be clicking on all cylinders and beating teams badly. Humboldt beat the #2 team in Class 1A the other night by 16. I think Manassas and Lake Co. would make for a good game, but I do believe Manassas would win it.

I just don't see how our boy Legend thinks Manassas is as good as they are after losing 6 Seniors that went onto play college ball (which is a great achievement). It takes alot of talk to be able to say Manassas is going to win state after graduating that class. Yes, they got Buckner, but outside of him, no one else has legit state tournament experience. All of Humboldt's Seniors have been to the state tournament twice in their four years. They know what it's like. Charles Taylor played ALOT in that state tournament 2 years ago. I think this is Humboldt's year to shine and I'm on the bandwagon!

he left after the liberty game.

Gotcha....I knew I saw him. Appreciate that.

If my memory serves me right Bolivar was up by a pretty decent margin that whole game and Humboldt made a late run to cut the lead. The outcome was really never in doubt. Having said that, it was a playday and really meant nothing.

Both Liberty and Bolivar gave Humboldt fits with their defense. Thats what I remember the most. No telling how many turnovers were created.