Humboldt @ Lake Co. Jan. 30

Guest snakedriver

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got word that we (Humboldt) won 59-48 tonight against Milan. Source told me that we turned the ball over quite a few times and couldn't hit any shots. I'm guessing Milan played good defense against us just hearing about the turnovers and missed shots (which could've all been contested). I'm just waiting on some people to get on here and dog on Humboldt about this, but it doesn't concern me or the other Humboldt fans. Milan is actually an above average team this year, so I give them props for placing us that close. Humboldt plays Bradford tomorrow night in Humboldt. red_16, did you make it to the game tonight? Hopefully you can shed a little more light on this.

Just got word that we (Humboldt) won 59-48 tonight against Milan. Source told me that we turned the ball over quite a few times and couldn't hit any shots. I'm guessing Milan played good defense against us just hearing about the turnovers and missed shots (which could've all been contested). I'm just waiting on some people to get on here and dog on Humboldt about this, but it doesn't concern me or the other Humboldt fans. Milan is actually an above average team this year, so I give them props for placing us that close. Humboldt plays Bradford tomorrow night in Humboldt. red_16, did you make it to the game tonight? Hopefully you can shed a little more light on this.

Lord I think we just beat Milan by like 38 pts. or something like that.

It shouldn't concern you anymore than all the people dogging Manassas out over the Middelton game. I'm with you on this one. It's no difference than Manassas/Middleton. People can't get on here and dog Manassas out at the same time give Humboldt a pass for having a lack luster game......it happens. The only disagreement I have is that Milan is really not that good. Humbolt beat Mlan by 45 the first time, by 30 the second time, and 11 tonight. Milan is not even close to being an elite team. Milan also lost to Dyer Count the first time by 18 and the second time by 41. That's really the only two elite type teams they have faed and they got handled rather easily in 4 or the 5 games. Maybe Humboldt just didn't get up for this game just like Manassas had trouble getting up for Middleton and Middle College. Everybody keeps talking about Humboldt spreading the floor and being such a good shooting team and well balanced on the insude......thier is no way all those shots were contestedm especially with the size and quickness advantage HUmboldt has over Milan.....you know that. It was probably nothing more than Humboldt not bringing it because it was Milan. If I were a HUmboldt fan I would be more concerned about turing the ball over than anything......they may have smoked Lake County pretty good but I understand they had quite a few turnovers against them as well (in both games). I saw the exact same thing when they played Livberty and Bolivar back in November (and I put no stock in those games i'm just talking about ball pressure and turning the ball over) I will probably get crucified on here for saying this but I don't think they are great ball handlers and I don't think they protect the ball that well. My opinion of that is based entirely from watcing Liberty and Bolivar pressure them back then and has absolutley zero to do with the games. Again, Milan is not really that good in my opinion. But, anybody can be beat if they don't bring it. Almost happened to Manassas.

It shouldn't concern you anymore than all the people dogging Manassas out over the Middelton game. I'm with you on this one. It's no difference than Manassas/Middleton. People can't get on here and dog Manassas out at the same time give Humboldt a pass for having a lack luster game......it happens. The only disagreement I have is that Milan is really not that good. Humbolt beat Mlan by 45 the first time, by 30 the second time, and 11 tonight. Milan is not even close to being an elite team. Milan also lost to Dyer Count the first time by 18 and the second time by 41. That's really the only two elite type teams they have faed and they got handled rather easily in 4 or the 5 games. Maybe Humboldt just didn't get up for this game just like Manassas had trouble getting up for Middleton and Middle College. Everybody keeps talking about Humboldt spreading the floor and being such a good shooting team and well balanced on the insude......thier is no way all those shots were contestedm especially with the size and quickness advantage HUmboldt has over Milan.....you know that. It was probably nothing more than Humboldt not bringing it because it was Milan. If I were a HUmboldt fan I would be more concerned about turing the ball over than anything......they may have smoked Lake County pretty good but I understand they had quite a few turnovers against them as well (in both games). I saw the exact same thing when they played Livberty and Bolivar back in November (and I put no stock in those games i'm just talking about ball pressure and turning the ball over) I will probably get crucified on here for saying this but I don't think they are great ball handlers and I don't think they protect the ball that well. My opinion of that is based entirely from watcing Liberty and Bolivar pressure them back then and has absolutley zero to do with the games. Again, Milan is not really that good in my opinion. But, anybody can be beat if they don't bring it. Almost happened to Manassas.

I agree about our ball handlers. Whenever I think of a great ball handler for Humboldt, it would have to go back a couple of years to Toylon Smith, which we have no one who can compare with his PG skills. We started to break LC's press later on the game whenever Coach B. realized how to. Joseph Gordon is our best ball handler though.

It's quite possible everybody is in awe of all the dunks and such that they don't see that part of the game.

Trust me, I've seen it a few times this year, but I believe the boys start to rush themselves. They don't realize that 10 seconds to break the press is a long time (really depends on how fast the refs count). IMO, Charles is our best "big man" ball handler and then Tevin. For the guards, Joseph Gordon (#3 I think is his number) is our best guard who can handle the ball and break the press.

our guys turn the ball over the MAJORITY of the time,

not all the time

when they drive and try to dump pass it off to the side

and the defenders knock it away and get a fast break

thats what happened tonight

and it was a half-court game THE WHOLE NIGHT

i dont think there were even 10 fast break opportunities

for either team

thats why the score was so low

I thought this might happen..

Humboldt didn't look too good tonight...Milan came to play and Humboldt didn't...Coming off the big win against LC and on senior night, I expected us to not be that focused and I thought that Milan could hang with us for a little bit...One thing I didn't account for is Milan's effort...They really came out and brought it to Humboldt tonight and Humboldt did JUST enough to win...The Vikings had their chances to pull away but they seemed content with keeping it a 8-15 point game..

One thing that should be noted, it seemed Humboldt was toying around with a lot of different plays tonight...Some of it looked almost like some kind of dribble drive offense with a lot of penetration and back cuts..Humboldt had a little success with it but they ran a lot of other stuff too...Could be working on some things for the postseason...

I'm just glad we got this one out of us now and not in the postseason..Bottom line, Humboldt stays undefeated and picks up another W..