South Pittsburg @Marion County

hoopitup10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cancelled? You have got to be kidding me. I took off tommorrow night so I could watch this game. I have yet to see either team play this season and was looking forward to watching a good rivalry game. Why was it cancelled?

Schools are closed! Good thing for Marion, little bird told me that the Big man wasn't going to play for Marion.

Schools being closed doesn't have anything to do with it. I read on here where Whitwell is playing tonight. A little bird told you that "The Big Man" for Marion-Jasper wasn't going to play? Oh, that's convenient isn't it? If it was cancelled for this reason that is LAME. What kind of message would that send to the other players on the team. If what 98nationalchamps is saying is true then someone has a YELLER streak down that back. Somone find out who cancelled it and we can start calling them "YELLER STREAK" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Schools being closed doesn't have anything to do with it. I read on here where Whitwell is playing tonight. A little bird told you that "The Big Man" for Marion-Jasper wasn't going to play? Oh, that's convenient isn't it? If it was cancelled for this reason that is LAME. What kind of message would that send to the other players on the team. If what 98nationalchamps is saying is true then someone has a YELLER streak down that back. Somone find out who cancelled it and we can start calling them "YELLER STREAK" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The game was called off because of school closings and the big man is fine there are just rumors he was hurt Marion not scared they play there best againest sp i think

YELLER IS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word on the street that KL heard was that Henegar wasn't going to be able to play. I think this was the real reason that Marion cancelled. There would have still been a good gate at the game reguardless of school being cancelled. I'm sure Marion will want to reschedule the game when Henegar gets back. This is really ridiculous. I agree, this game could have been played tonight. The Thack Attack took Whitwell too Signal Mtn. Everyone else played.

A fan of a 5-8 team should never call another team with a much superior record "Yeller".

If i am not mistaken it is up to the host school snd the host schools AD to decide on games being played while school is out. The Superintendant can help out in making a decision, I heard the two AD's from SP and MC got together and made the decision. The game is going to be played on a Monday but I dont know what date. Whitwell did go up to Signal Mtn. tonight but it was because Signal wanted to play and got permission from the Super in Hamilton County. He said that since school was closed because of the temperature and not because of hazardous weather conditions that the games in Hamilton County could go on as planned. The super in Marion was contacted and said it was ok for Whitwell to play tonight. Don't know if he was contacted about SP vs. MC

Is Marion Co going to cancel all of their games till the big man gets healthy?

By the way, looking at Coach T's scoreboard...a lot of games were played last night.

Didn't Marion play Hixson last Thursday night without Henegar? If he can't play and a valid reason exists to cancel a game, I'd go for the cancellation, especially if he's due back quickly. He's obviously a huge part of Marion's game. Why play without him if you could reschedule for later and have him available. More importantly, is that little guy going to play baseball? I'd sure like to see him pitch again.