Dyersburg Trojans

mrbigster

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Stowe?...I am an alumnus of DHS...I support my team.....but this is one I gotta question...Stowe from Haywood...If that is the case...I am shocked...I know he had a lot of TALENT at Haywood...What else does he bring to the table?...anybody from Haywood care to elaborate?... I always said Counce does more with less...I always thought Stowe did less with More"... I know his dad was a really good coach at Lexington...How many region titles did he win?....With the names I heard thrown around IF THIS IS TRUE...Then it is a shocker to me... I know the "COUNCE ERA is over and done with at DHS...but this one puzzles me....I always thought Bowling did a lot with less at OCHS...but he couldn't/wouldn't stand up to the pressure....( Not saying we are Maryville or Alcoa ) but what is this guy's record?....I don't know....Hope it isn't true...Heard it was...guess we will find out tomorrow...

Why Stowe?...I am an alumnus of DHS...I support my team.....but this is one I gotta question...Stowe from Haywood...If that is the case...I am shocked...I know he had a lot of TALENT at Haywood...What else does he bring to the table?...anybody from Haywood care to elaborate?... I always said Counce does more with less...I always thought Stowe did less with More"... I know his dad was a really good coach at Lexington...How many region titles did he win?....With the names I heard thrown around IF THIS IS TRUE...Then it is a shocker to me... I know the "COUNCE ERA is over and done with at DHS...but this one puzzles me....I always thought Bowling did a lot with less at OCHS...but he couldn't/wouldn't stand up to the pressure....( Not saying we are Maryville or Alcoa ) but what is this guy's record?....I don't know....Hope it isn't true...Heard it was...guess we will find out tomorrow...

Bart Stowe was 55-40 at Haywood from 2001-2008.

His father Jim went 241-123-2 at Lexington with 12 conference/district titles.

Bart Stowe was 55-40 at Haywood from 2001-2008.

His father Jim went 241-123-2 at Lexington with 12 conference/district titles.

Coach Stowe is a good coach. He puts lots of hours in preparing his players and his staff for the contest ahead of them. But not only is he a good coach but he is a great molder of men. He cares about his players does his best to not only make a football player out of a young man but he teaches them about life. I believe every year he coached at Haywood his teams made the playoffs. Coach Stowe also works very hard to find his players a place to play in college and get a free education. He has numerous players playing college football. Dyersburg should get behind their new coach and rally around him and make him feel welcome.

Coach Stowe is a good coach. He puts lots of hours in preparing his players and his staff for the contest ahead of them. But not only is he a good coach but he is a great molder of men. He cares about his players does his best to not only make a football player out of a young man but he teaches them about life. I believe every year he coached at Haywood his teams made the playoffs. Coach Stowe also works very hard to find his players a place to play in college and get a free education. He has numerous players playing college football. Dyersburg should get behind their new coach and rally around him and make him feel welcome.

great post! coach stowe prepares harder than any coach i know. does everything he can to help his players on and off the field. most of his coaches in the past 8 years are now successful head coaches at other schools. proves that he can run a great program. great man. Dyersburg needs to get behind him.

congrats coach Stowe. great hire.

Compare Records:

2008 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 10-3 3rd Round Stowe Wins:-1 Playoffs:-1

2007 HHS 10-3 3rd Round DHS 10-2 2nd Round Stowe Wins:-1 Playoffs:PUSH

2006 HHS 4-8 2nd Round DHS 12-2 4th Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs: -2

2005 HHS 6-6 2nd Round DHS 10-1 1st Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs:-1

2004 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 5-6 1st Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs:PUSH

2003 HHS 4-7 1st Round DHS 8-4 2nd Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs:-1

2002 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 5-6 1st Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs:PUSH

2001 HHS 4-7 1st Round DHS 8-3 1st Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs: PUSH

Head to Head:

2008 Haywood W 6-3

2007 Dyersburg W 21-14

2006 Dyersburg 2W 14-9 & 10-7

2005 Dyersburg W 15-14

2004 Haywood W 15-0

2003 Dyersburg W 17-14

2002 Haywood W 6-0

2001 Dyersburg 28-14

Dyersburg 7 Haywood 3

Give Stowe a chance the powers that be have seen something in him that they see make him fit.

Compare Records:

2008 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 10-3 3rd Round Stowe Wins:-1 Playoffs:-1

2007 HHS 10-3 3rd Round DHS 10-2 2nd Round Stowe Wins:-1 Playoffs:PUSH

2006 HHS 4-8 2nd Round DHS 12-2 4th Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs: -2

2005 HHS 6-6 2nd Round DHS 10-1 1st Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs:-1

2004 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 5-6 1st Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs:PUSH

2003 HHS 4-7 1st Round DHS 8-4 2nd Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs:-1

2002 HHS 9-3 2nd Round DHS 5-6 1st Round Stowe Wins:-9 Playoffs:PUSH

2001 HHS 4-7 1st Round DHS 8-3 1st Round Stowe Wins:-13 Playoffs: PUSH

Head to Head:

2008 Haywood W 6-3

2007 Dyersburg W 21-14

2006 Dyersburg 2W 14-9 & 10-7

2005 Dyersburg W 15-14

2004 Haywood W 15-0

2003 Dyersburg W 17-14

2002 Haywood W 6-0

2001 Dyersburg 28-14

Dyersburg 7 Haywood 3

Give Stowe a chance the powers that be have seen something in him that they see make him fit.

I would like to see other coaches records vs. dyersburg... compare them and you will see that not many coaches have had the success against them that Stowe has had.

Why in the world are people complaining? In Stowe's tenure at Haywood his team as made it to at least the second round of the playoffs EVERY year. So wat if his team's didnt get hot until the end of the season..isnt that when it matters the most?? Coach stowe has done an exceptional job as the coach at Haywood because half of you do not know what kind of stuff he has to go through. He breaks his back to help his players and all he wants is to see them succeed. Sure we all think haywood could run the table and should at least have a couple of gold cups in the past 10 years, but look at his past of how many players he has put into college football programs and how many lives he has helped along the way. Dyersburg will be very satisfied with Stowe. I can see him bringing back his I formation package and playing smashmouth football like he loves to do with these athletes. I can't wait to see who he brings in with him.

Why in the world are people complaining? In Stowe's tenure at Haywood his team as made it to at least the second round of the playoffs EVERY year. So wat if his team's didnt get hot until the end of the season..isnt that when it matters the most?? Coach stowe has done an exceptional job as the coach at Haywood because half of you do not know what kind of stuff he has to go through. He breaks his back to help his players and all he wants is to see them succeed. Sure we all think haywood could run the table and should at least have a couple of gold cups in the past 10 years, but look at his past of how many players he has put into college football programs and how many lives he has helped along the way. Dyersburg will be very satisfied with Stowe. I can see him bringing back his I formation package and playing smashmouth football like he loves to do with these athletes. I can't wait to see who he brings in with him.

I dunno why people get uptight....all the complaining could be why some coaches wouldn't WANT the job at DHS...that and being compared to Counce. All I heard for weeks was BIG NAMES and all that jazz....heck from all the talk around town I thought they were hiring Alcoa's coach or someone. My shock came from it not being who was expected....and me thinking for awhile it might not be good until someone told me a few things about him....realized the man brings more to the table than what people think....some mentioned in the above posts. He needs to be welcomed and ACCEPTED.....it has been said MORE THAN ONCE that these kids need stability in the program, NOT a revoving door of coaches. DHS may be our biggest rival but I have never had a thing in the world against the kids who attend there....and they deserve to have a coach that sticks around. Best of luck to him....heard he is a great guy.

Let me assure everyone on this post that the parents and the boys are very willing to give this man a chance. I have heard nothing negative from the players or from the parents in the last two days. I have two boys on this team and about 90% of there friends are football players. I have heard nothing. Not a word. I think that counts for something cosidering their opinion is truly the only one that matters.