Fairview HC Resigns!

fviewallday

Well, you were wrong chief. Coach Hughes is as COOL AS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLOW!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You are right, and sadly, I was wrong. Well done on another espnism, however misguided. He'll be LIKE BUTTER, CUZ HE'S ON A ROLL. spread thin and melting under the pressure of actually having to make in-game adjustments and pregame planning

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well due to the outcome of the job search I'm pretty sure coaching ability was NOT part of the job requirement. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The admin wanted a 'yes-man' and got one. They probably felt that King didn't fit the bill. King like Whitefield will land on his feet, both are men of integrity and character. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whatever it takes to help you deal with reality. I know this is a painful time for you.

That is your take on things. Let me tell you about my take. I think even if Coach Whitefield could have kept from roughing up his players and using profanity on a regular basis, his less than qualified assistants would have eventually brought him down for sure.

I am betting that we will have to agree to disagree?

After pondering this situation and reading with amusement the enlightening posts on this topic, I think that maybe I am a "glass half-full" kind of guy. From a big-picture standpoint, I think that everyone involved in this will benefit from this situation. Let me explain...

1. The administration now has the yes-man that they wanted. If they had just hired him two years ago, we wouldn't be talking about any of this.

2. Whitefield moves on to greener pastures where he can "rough" kids up according to his coaching style.

3. The Fairview community ends up with the kind of football team they want... no discipline, no toughness, and no fundamentals... coached by a staff with zero experience coaching at the high school level. But that's okay, because now they'll have someone who will gladly listen to their whining and will grant playing time accordingly.

4. Coach Hughes now has his dream job... after years of slaving away at the middle school where instead of teaching blocking and tackling, he relentlessly pushed his players through practice after practice of running thousands of plays from his flag football playbook entitled "War and Peace." Now, being named the head coach of the high school team after never even playing football in high school or college, he is able to promise to make football "fun" again for the kids and that they'll win every game next year. Now he can pursue his dream full time after having to devote large amounts of his time during the last several years to undermining the high school program in order to become the coach.

See... everybody wins... everybody now has what they want. I feel better... I hope everyone else does too.

Whatever it takes to help you deal with reality. I know this is a painful time for you.

That is your take on things. Let me tell you about my take. I think even if Coach Whitefield could have kept from roughing up his players and using profanity on a regular basis, his less than qualified assistants would have eventually brought him down for sure.

Question: Were you at any practices last season? The answer is probably no. Cause no player was ever harmed and profanity was never used on a regular basis. Your accusations are way off the mark. No specific examples just alot of hot air. Then you take shots at assistant coaches you probably know nothing about their coaching abilty or character. Seemed to me the players were responding quite well to the coaching staff at the end of last season. I hope the players will respond well to the change and Fairview continues the success they have been building since 2001. Good luck to Coach Whitefield as he moves on, and good luck to Coach Hughes as he takes over the program.

Has coach Hughes announced the staff he is bringing on?

Fairview still has the players in position. Now that all this has been settled, Fairview players can get ready for Football. Does the new coach run the same system as previous? Everyone needs to pull together now......you have the players to make a run deep, and to play in the new district.

To the seniors ......this is "your" year. Keep you eyes on tomorrow, the past is over. You haven't lost your talent because of what happened. Same players..............GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!

Well due to the outcome of the job search I'm pretty sure coaching ability was NOT part of the job requirement. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> The admin wanted a 'yes-man' and got one. They probably felt that King didn't fit the bill. King like Whitefield will land on his feet, both are men of integrity and character. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I find this statement about integrity and character both funny and dishonest. I laughed because having a child at the school who participates in more than one sport, including football, I have to say integrity and character would probably be the last two words I would use to describe Coach Whitefield and especially Coach King.

Let me explain a little. As a parent of kids who play other sports, we are consistanly asked and begged to work consessions during football season including the coaches. I consistantly see coaches from baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, and wrestling working at the games. When it comes time for the other sports to play, no one from the football team is ever found helping out. Coach King finally shows up to help out, but only because he wants the football coaching job and thought this would help. If you go to a football game, you always see other sport's players and coaches in attendance. How many times does the football staff show up to support the other sports: the answer is never.

So let me pose another question about character and integrity. What does it show about a coach's character and integrity to tell the football players not to play other sports or they will not have their spot on the football team? What does it say about a coach's character and integrity to tell players not to play football for the newly hired head coach once you find out the newly hired head coach is not you?

Deny it if you want, but my son was told this and has been told this in the last two years every time he has considered playing another sport besides football.

One last point about the character and integrity of Coach King: if you have been an assistant for 9 years and passed over three time, make that 4 now for the head job, maybe there is an issue other then coaching ability that is keeping you from getting a head coaching job.

Fairview still has the players in position. Now that all this has been settled, Fairview players can get ready for Football. Does the new coach run the same system as previous? Everyone needs to pull together now......you have the players to make a run deep, and to play in the new district.

To the seniors ......this is "your" year. Keep you eyes on tomorrow, the past is over. You haven't lost your talent because of what happened. Same players..............GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR!

Good luck to the players at Fairview High! I doubt that Coach Hughes and Harris will run the same offensive system as Coach Whitefield/King.

Region 12 AA foes beware! instead of preparing for Fairview's nasty veer/option style of attack of old, I would hit amazon.com and buy all of the copies of "Football's Game Winning Trick Plays" by Chuck Klausing that I could get my hands on. I hear the double reverse pass is virtually unstoppable!

I find this statement about integrity and character both funny and dishonest. I laughed because having a child at the school who participates in more than one sport, including football, I have to say integrity and character would probably be the last two words I would use to describe Coach Whitefield and especially Coach King.

Let me explain a little. As a parent of kids who play other sports, we are consistanly asked and begged to work consessions during football season including the coaches. I consistantly see coaches from baseball, basketball, softball, soccer, and wrestling working at the games. When it comes time for the other sports to play, no one from the football team is ever found helping out. Coach King finally shows up to help out, but only because he wants the football coaching job and thought this would help. If you go to a football game, you always see other sport's players and coaches in attendance. How many times does the football staff show up to support the other sports: the answer is never.

So let me pose another question about character and integrity. What does it show about a coach's character and integrity to tell the football players not to play other sports or they will not have their spot on the football team? What does it say about a coach's character and integrity to tell players not to play football for the newly hired head coach once you find out the newly hired head coach is not you?

Deny it if you want, but my son was told this and has been told this in the last two years every time he has considered playing another sport besides football.

One last point about the character and integrity of Coach King: if you have been an assistant for 9 years and passed over three time, make that 4 now for the head job, maybe there is an issue other then coaching ability that is keeping you from getting a head coaching job.

Not working concession stands as a sign of lack of character? That's a bit of stretch don't you think? Concession stands should be run by parents. And I guarantee you that the head football coach in most schools spends more time working with young people after school than anyone else. This is a joke.

The statement that the football coaches tell other kids not to play other sports is completely false. Fairview doesn't have enough athletes not to share. Not once have I ever heard of this being said... except possibly by the basketball coach who was upset that his players were quitting.

1. Football Players were never told to not particpate in others sports. They were encouraged. If they were not playing another sport they were to be at football workouts.

2. Football staff has been to several basketball games this year, along with girls soccer in the fall. It is hard for alot of staff members to work other sports as they are not part of the staff at Fairview High.

3. If you know Coach King you know he is a great man of character. This was the first time in 9 years he pursued the HC position. Never before did he apply. Please before you come on here and spout off false information get your facts straight.

As many of you know, I am a die hard Fairview fan. I want nothing but the best for the players. But to have a few disgruntled parents come on and spread lies about the coaching staff is uncalled for. It doesn't nothing to help the program. I hope you take this time to reflect that when you come on here and spread lies it hinders the athletes, coaching staff, fans, and the community. I just hope Fairview continues the tradition started 9 years ago.

1. Football Players were never told to not particpate in others sports. They were encouraged. If they were not playing another sport they were to be at football workouts.

2. Football staff has been to several basketball games this year, along with girls soccer in the fall. It is hard for alot of staff members to work other sports as they are not part of the staff at Fairview High.

3. If you know Coach King you know he is a great man of character. This was the first time in 9 years he pursued the HC position. Never before did he apply. Please before you come on here and spout off false information get your facts straight.

As many of you know, I am a die hard Fairview fan. I want nothing but the best for the players. But to have a few disgruntled parents come on and spread lies about the coaching staff is uncalled for. It doesn't nothing to help the program. I hope you take this time to reflect that when you come on here and spread lies it hinders the athletes, coaching staff, fans, and the community. I just hope Fairview continues the tradition started 9 years ago.

1. Some say he did...some say he didn't. Maybe all of the confusion was the problem. He should have been more clear!

2. Why only "girl's soccer"? Coaches should be fair!

3. I do know him and I totally have a different opinion. I think he is a nice guy, however. Maybe he applied and did not tell you. It is possible that Coach King has a whole different lifestyle when you are not around. I'm just saying...it's possible. He fooled you about being a great man of character....

That last line made me laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> "Betting?" INVNO1 must be Hughes getting on here. Still checking scores in the dugout while you play softball?

I actually wish Chris good luck. I just want schools to stop dragging good people through a muddy process that has already been decided ahead of time. Just make your call and be done with it. No smoke and mirrors.

By the way, Fviewallday is correct about Rickey Jones. I actually received the mass e-mail that listed the names of everyone that had applied for the job (you can block that out you know). The problem is I didn't apply for the job nor have I ever applied for any job in Williamson County at all. I just happen to be on Rickey Jones e-mail list and he sent it to me by mistake. Very unprofessional.

That last line made me laugh /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> "Betting?" INVNO1 must be Hughes getting on here. Still checking scores in the dugout while you play softball?

I actually wish Chris good luck. I just want schools to stop dragging good people through a muddy process that has already been decided ahead of time. Just make your call and be done with it. No smoke and mirrors.

By the way, Fviewallday is correct about Rickey Jones. I actually received the mass e-mail that listed the names of everyone that had applied for the job (you can block that out you know). The problem is I didn't apply for the job nor have I ever applied for any job in Williamson County at all. I just happen to be on Rickey Jones e-mail list and he sent it to me by mistake. Very unprofessional.

Good luck coping with those things bothering you.

Whatever Chris was doing in the dugout, his team was usually winning at the time and he was the coach then, as well. Chris may have annoyed you the whole time, but he was usually beating you. Winning softball, flag football, middle school football - he has a record of winning. I have no reason to doubt that he will continue his ways as the Fairview High School Football Coach.