Point Guards (underclassmen)

chasanooga

There is a lil freshman (randolph) on the Upperman team that may be the best ball handler onthe team. They will surely miss the Davis and Maynard kids next year, no doubt, but this kid will be able to handle the ball for the Bees. Havent seen enough of her game to know how well she shoots, but something tells me that this kid has game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Randolph is fun to watch. She has dominated in some JV games. She can take it to the hoop in traffic.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather have a point guard with 5 points and 12 assists. (ok, Id rather have a PG with 15 points and 15 assists, but that is less likely to happen)

Anyways, a really good point guard is not necessarily a great scorer.

I do not know any of the kids or teams mentioned so far, so do not take that personal. Just sayin.

This opinion is strictly the opinion of GatorBill Inc, and is intended for GatorBill Inc and his audiences use only. Any other use, transmission or interpretation will be dealt with to the fulllest extent of the law. The Opinion of GatorBill Inc, does not necessarily refect the opinion of CoachT.com, its owners or subsidiaries

Gator, your right! BHS, mufreesboro has a point guard who has high score every game. Matter of fact, look at the stats, she dominates in every catogory. Where are the other players and do they account for anything? I thought in the game of basketball, one of the task of a PG was to pressure the ball, but thats not goin happen guarding the weaks player. Other tasks of a PG SHOULD be steals and assists. But thats kind of hard when she shoots 90% of the time. It would be good if she stepped her game up in these area. And don't worry about fouls on defense, that means you are playing tough defense. I don't fault the PG for her like of ability to fulfill the whole PG position. The coach has alot to do with this situation, he has given her the green light and others are held back to run plays. It's okay to lead in every catorgory as long as its Team ball. But she need to complete all the task (assists & defense) of a PG. Don't get me wrong, she is a good shooter, but percentage wise it doesn't add up. Also, What happen to the black girl who is now a senior sitting on the bench? She was a hot player last year. Also why isn't the inside players not used? In the game of BB most coaches work inside/out. I can understand this not working if you had a week inside. With 3 strong big girls they should be contributing alot. To end on a positive note its exciting to see the team doing well. Go TEAM!!!

Chaddarryl Clay (pardon me on the spelling) has started every game at GPS and lead them in not only scoring but assists and steals as well. She is a one person press break and sees the floor extremely well. She is 5th in her region in scoring 1st in assist and 2nd in steals...I have to say she is one of the best freshman gaurds in the state.