Class 3A

BoardHater71

You heard it here first. Giles County could be the sleeper in all this. If they get their go to reciever back and the two new players in, they could be hard to handle.

I agree. Giles could certainly be that one. So many returning with all that experience. You look at everything.......and not even sure you could call giles a sleeper. I think they should be on the short of list of who is there at the end. They are the complete package. Speed, Size and experience (and not forgetting strength). Their schedule this year favors them also. I don't see any in District 12 that could truely challenge them. This could be their year.

Giles , Marshall, Springhill........should finish in about that order. The old 6AA teams are down, or rebuilding, so shouldn't be much of a challenge. Lewis is rebuilding as is Hickman. Fairview had some issues to overcome, which if they do they have a chance to make waves. Last I seen on EHHS, the turmoil is still going on.

But back to the point.........Glies yes.......a sleeper/challenger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Alcoa and Milan will get a rematch for the title...but Alcoa's schedule is much tougher than in the past few years. I hope Bell County KY is a good game, Maryville will be great, Fulton, AE...I'm lookin forward to some closER games this season. In the end the Tornadoes will bring home number 6 in a row! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I stated on the other thread....

Milan plays a tough schedule. They play Covington, Crockett Co., Haywood, Westview, JCS, Humboldt, and Huntingdon.

Alcoa plays a tough schedule. They play Bell Co. (KY), Fulton, Austin East, & Maryville.

Both teams will be very battle tested and ready once the playoffs begin because both teams do not play many "cupcakes" at all.

Like I stated on the other thread....

Milan plays a tough schedule. They play Covington, Crockett Co., Haywood, Westview, JCS, Humboldt, and Huntingdon.

Alcoa plays a tough schedule. They play Bell Co. (KY), Fulton, Austin East, & Maryville.

Both teams will be very battle tested and ready once the playoffs begin because both teams do not play many "cupcakes" at all.

crocketts lookin good this year... gonna suprise a few ppl /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that realistically Alcoa will be upset by any of the teams mentioned. But I think it may be interesting to watch. Alcoa has had the ability the last several years to KNOW they could float through most of their schedule. A couple of games started out closer than they could have been for this reason IMO. This year, it is possible that Alcoa will have to "get up" for each week much more-so than in the recent past. They may still slaughter the other team, but I think they will not have the luxury of assuming a victory in several of these games. Having to stay up week after week takes a toll on a team. While still unlikely, this could result in the "U" word becoming a reality.

theres more than 1 team in east tennessee besides alcoa,u got kingston which played in the toughest 3a in the state last year,and held there own,u got loudon who knows alcoa very well and could upset them,and alcoa is playing a tougher schedule this year, cant wait til season starts

I can't wait either! Splat!.............

Loudon?...............2008, reg season Alcoa 37, Loudon 0, 2008 playoff's Alcoa 34, Loudon 0........2007, Alcoa 42, Loudon 6,.........2006 Alcoa 63, Loudon 14.......AND same year......Loudon 38, Kingston 24.....yawn. .........../bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

I can't wait either! Splat!.............

Loudon?...............2008, reg season Alcoa 37, Loudon 0, 2008 playoff's Alcoa 34, Loudon 0........2007, Alcoa 42, Loudon 6,.........2006 Alcoa 63, Loudon 14.......AND same year......Loudon 38, Kingston 24.....yawn. .........../bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Gonna be a fun year!!