Harpeth: Miller, Felker, Erland

Waverly: Prince, Collump

Creek Wood: Pacifici, Collins

Sycamore: Bliss, Ellis

Mont Central: Flake

Stewart Co: Jackson

Fairview: Nutt

MVP: Kati Prince

Looks like a pretty good list. My guess is one of the 3 Cheatham players get MVP,

although there's a handful of girls deserving. The old "best player on best team"

thing that tends to occur.

What has happened to Creek Wood? Did someone hold the ball in the Cheatham-Sycamore game Friday night? Is there going to be another late season fizzle from 11AA?

Yes...Sycamore held the ball DOWN the whole game. I could see them trying to stall if they had the lead...but they never had the lead. I understand that their best player for the year got hurt, but the beat the Lady Cubs the first game at Sycamore by spreading the floor and getting to the hole. Not holding the ball. In my opinion, that's admitting defeat before you ever step on the floor.

The good thing for Cheatham is that they didn't have to battle through a strenuous game or risk anybody getting hurt. So I see it as a plus for them.

I'm not sure the situation at Creekwood, but I know they lost their best player and another big contributor to their team. I don't know if they quit or got kicked off of the team, but they are no longer with them.

As far as a fizzle goes, I must say that a couple of the teams have a chance of going pretty far this year if they play to their capabilities and I'm excited to see what happens.

Yes...Sycamore held the ball DOWN the whole game. I could see them trying to stall if they had the lead...but they never had the lead. I understand that their best player for the year got hurt, but the beat the Lady Cubs the first game at Sycamore by spreading the floor and getting to the hole. Not holding the ball. In my opinion, that's admitting defeat before you ever step on the floor.

The good thing for Cheatham is that they didn't have to battle through a strenuous game or risk anybody getting hurt. So I see it as a plus for them.

That's because.......................

Phil Carr = "A Basketball God"

Mike Miller = "Not A Basketball God" (he must like Duke)

That's because.......................

Phil Carr = "A Basketball God"

Sure, a god who doesn't shake the hands of a team who beat his girls.. nice!!!!

And before you jump in to criticise Sycamore, consider this.... Sycamore lost a starter before the season started (Katie Bliss), then they lost their post and high scorer last year (Becca Brown) in the 3rd district game against harpeth and then they lost a third starter (Sarah Bliss) tuesday last!

I think the level Sycamore and coach Miller have achieved with the remaining bench is nothing short of amazing and whilst they did not win against Cheatham last Friday nighty they certainly are the only team to keep them scoreless in the third quarter and under 20 points in a game this year!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Agreed kiwidad. 15 yards for piling on Sycamore. The injury bug has bit them hard this year.

I don't know about Creekwood. They had a 10-0 lead against Harpeth last Friday in the 1st period and then scored 15 the rest of the way? Harpeth started out slow and has gotten better because of better team chemistry and better support imo. They can beat anybody in the district when they play with confidence.

I'm going to say that the district is down a little like the boys, but there's also more parity from top to bottom than there has been in a long time. It should make for an exciting tournament. Don't count Creekwood out at home, but there are 3 or 4 teams that could win this thing.

Ha ha ha...touche' Kiwi...they are the only team to do that for sure!

I think the god thing is a joke...and I'm not piling on Sycamore. I really do symphasize with Sycamore...but I'm pretty sure they beat Cheatham without Becca and Katie. I'm not criticizing the team at all...I just hate holding the ball. To me it admits defeat immediately. Being patient and taking what you get within your offense is fine...even if it waists a minute or two off the clock...but just sitting up top and holding the ball is terrible to me.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night...I'm certainly hope the games are closer than the boy's games tonight!