Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

I believe you about the maturing quicker......until I'm at the softball field with a bunch or 12/13/14 year olds screaming, chanting screaming, cheering screaming.........then screaming some more.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree with that!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I realize we are currently in the dead period but where is the black and gold nation at???

Just setting in the shade a waiting...........

It'll break loose soon enough....another week or so.........

I realize we are currently in the dead period but where is the black and gold nation at???

The coaches seem to be pleased with the work ethic of this team. Several holes to fill and placement of players at positions still a concern. Injuries "put a clod in the churn" at the start of spring practice and coache still trying to work thru this. It will take hard work for the Owls and I have no doubt that they will respond.

The boys best be getting in the best shape of their lives. Quite a few of them are going to be playing both ways when the season rolls around.

That is true - again injuries are a factor and depth will not be as deep as years past. Some young players will have to step up. I guarantee the coaches will be working with the young players to develop depth.

Guest Termite

I agree 100 percent staying healthy this year will be big. Sophomores and possibly a few freshmen may have to step up this year and help out.

Maybe a Soph. or two....and maybe, maybe, a freshman or 2.

Where do you think these youngsters could help out??

I think a RB and a lineman or 2 could help. The linemen should come from the Jr.- Sr. classes. They are the ones that need to step up.....There are a couple of big ole boys (69-78) and a few others, that have the potential to play, and play well....

Maybe a Soph. or two....and maybe, maybe, a freshman or 2.

Where do you think these youngsters could help out??

I think a RB and a lineman or 2 could help. The linemen should come from the Jr.- Sr. classes. They are the ones that need to step up.....There are a couple of big ole boys (69-78) and a few others, that have the potential to play, and play well....

The coaches gave both 69 and 78 looks in the spring - as you stated they have the potential and size to play. I look for these guys along with maybe 3 freshmen to help. Bush has been running hard with the team (???????).

The boys best be getting in the best shape of their lives. Quite a few of them are going to be playing both ways when the season rolls around.

shucks... has the concept of playing both ways finally made it's way that far east?(from trousdale to smith county) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Guest Termite

The coaches gave both 69 and 78 looks in the spring - as you stated they have the potential and size to play. I look for these guys along with maybe 3 freshmen to help. Bush has been running hard with the team (???????).

Very doubtful any freshman can start or even play much on the line. With #76-#72-#51-#8-#50-#78-#69 ( and there a 2-3 more), can a freshman be ahead of any of these guys?? Remember, they haven't hit the first lick yet.... I know that the Carter twins, and the Rankin kid will play, and play a lot..........I'm just not sold on the fact they will play this year, other than mop up....unless we have a ton of injuries. Remember.... Dave Silcox is the only lineman to ever start since Maynord has been here..(I think). Carter Robinson didn't start as a Fr. Timmy Bush nor Jake Vance started as a Fr.. Now all these guys played in mop up and JV...and started their Soph. yr.

We'll see........

As for Timmy Bush......If he is running....it's to stay in shape, especially for baseball. When he hurt his ankle his Soph. yr...and couldn't do anything........he got big as a house.

Guest Termite

shucks... has the concept of playing both ways finally made it's way that far east?(from trousdale to smith county) /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

When somebody from Trousdale Co.said something about going both ways.....We weren't REAL sure what THEY were talking about. We decided to wait and see before we tried it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />