Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach, no apology needed for me. You haven't offended me.

Well I am glad I haven't offended you. I just wanted you to know that I like to get on here and have a good time with people. The stuff I say is just a big joke when it comes to stuff like what I said earlier. I have told people that forever with a big huge smile on my face. I guess I should really add that in my post for now on, huh? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

What's up Owl Nation? Sorry to hear about all the injuries. Those things can really hurt without a lot of depth, but I'm sure you'll be able to plug those holes by the time the season rolls around.

I was just wondering if the Owls would have any freshmen that may play a role this year?? Interested in two in particular (brothers).

Guest Termite

What's up Owl Nation? Sorry to hear about all the injuries. Those things can really hurt without a lot of depth, but I'm sure you'll be able to plug those holes by the time the season rolls around.

I was just wondering if the Owls would have any freshmen that may play a role this year?? Interested in two in particular (brothers).

If we are thinking about the same brothers,( last name starts with a C).........probably not this year. But if a OL/DL lineman or 2 gets hurt who knows. Will probably be counted on heavily next year. Since Maynord has been at SC, I can only think of a few, mainly 2 freshmen that started or played considerable time. ( Bass and Silcox). There are probably others, but those 2 come to mind quick.

The O/L-D/L just needs a couple of Srs -Jrs to step it up a notch. There are 4 O/L I have complete confidence in #51-#72-#76-#8(or what ever his # is now). These guys played a lot of ball last year. There are 3-4 others that are close to being players...they need to just go ahead and take that next step.

If we are thinking about the same brothers,( last name starts with a C).........probably not this year. But if a OL/DL lineman or 2 gets hurt who knows. Will probably be counted on heavily next year. Since Maynord has been at SC, I can only think of a few, mainly 2 freshmen that started or played considerable time. ( Bass and Silcox). There are probably others, but those 2 come to mind quick.

The O/L-D/L just needs a couple of Srs -Jrs to step it up a notch. There are 4 O/L I have complete confidence in #51-#72-#76-#8(or what ever his # is now). These guys played a lot of ball last year. There are 3-4 others that are close to being players...they need to just go ahead and take that next step.

Yeah. That's who I'm talking about. I was just wondering. Wasn't real sure if some of those injuries may open up a little competition for either of them. I tease them all the time about transfering to TC to become Yellow Jackets like their mother. By their reactions, you'd think I ask them to move to Gordonsville!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yeah. That's who I'm talking about. I was just wondering. Wasn't real sure if some of those injuries may open up a little competition for either of them. I tease them all the time about transfering to TC to become Yellow Jackets like their mother. By their reactions, you'd think I ask them to move to Gordonsville!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We have tried to instill that Owl Pride down deep in them. They seem to be good boys. I think that they have a chance to see limited action this year????????????? I think it depends on how they make the transition to the next level.

Both of these young men have the tools to be players. They have good size, speed and desire to play the game. Reps and hard work will dictate the amount of playing time. We sure are glad to have them here rather than on the creekbank.

Guest Termite

We have tried to instill that Owl Pride down deep in them. They seem to be good boys. I think that they have a chance to see limited action this year????????????? I think it depends on how they make the transition to the next level.

They are good kids. I've gotten to know them over the last 5-6years. They will be good players, as will a few others in this Fr. class.They will play JV and mop up duty (hopefully there will be some).

SC high school and the feeder Jr. highs are NOT under the same roof. This bunch of freshmen couldn't go through spring practice. They haven't put on the pads and hit a #76-#45-#55-#72#-51-#13 (just to name a few) yet.

These guys will be fine, but not being able to go through spring practice sets them back a little...IMO. It takes a little longer for the freshmen to adjust and makes it harder to get on the field.

They are good kids. I've gotten to know them over the last 5-6years. They will be good players, as will a few others in this Fr. class.They will play JV and mop up duty (hopefully there will be some).

SC high school and the feeder Jr. highs are NOT under the same roof. This bunch of freshmen couldn't go through spring practice. They haven't put on the pads and hit a #76-#45-#55-#72#-51-#13 (just to name a few) yet.

These guys will be fine, but not being able to go through spring practice sets them back a little...IMO. It takes a little longer for the freshmen to adjust and makes it harder to get on the field.

Yeah, I know what you mean. That is one thing I would like to see changed. We are in the same boat. High school spring practice is a little different than the regular season jr. high practice. These 8th graders really don't know what they are in for, until the summer practices start. I can remember coming up after the season of our 8th grade year to practice and dress with the varsity on friday nights. Heck, the rumor was during those couple of down years ('06-'07), Ford would have been starting for us as an eigth grader, if the two schools were still in the same building. That would probably be an exception most of the time for football, like you said earlier, only a handful of freshmen get to see the field other than mop up duty. But I think it would be easier to get some contributions in the other sports. Could the Ferris (Farris, sorry for the spelling) girl not have helped the Lady Owls as an eigth grader?? I know we've had a couple of baseball players that probably could have started as eigth graders. JMO.

Guest Termite

Yeah, I know what you mean. That is one thing I would like to see changed. We are in the same boat. High school spring practice is a little different than the regular season jr. high practice. These 8th graders really don't know what they are in for, until the summer practices start. I can remember coming up after the season of our 8th grade year to practice and dress with the varsity on friday nights. Heck, the rumor was during those couple of down years ('06-'07), Ford would have been starting for us as an eigth grader, if the two schools were still in the same building. That would probably be an exception most of the time for football, like you said earlier, only a handful of freshmen get to see the field other than mop up duty. But I think it would be easier to get some contributions in the other sports. Could the Ferris (Farris, sorry for the spelling) girl not have helped the Lady Owls as an eigth grader?? I know we've had a couple of baseball players that probably could have started as eigth graders. JMO.

I don't understand the difference....If the 8th graders are in the same building as the High schoolers....it's OK

If it's a different building it's not OK................I have never understood the reasoning for that rule.

I don't know..you may be right. It seems a few freshmen girls contribute in softball and basketball.....but no so much in boys sports. A few freshmen boys play some, but very very few are in when the game is on the line.

Kaci Ferris would have helped th HS some....but the experience would have helped HER more.

I don't understand the difference....If the 8th graders are in the same building as the High schoolers....it's OK

If it's a different building it's not OK................I have never understood the reasoning for that rule.

I don't know..you may be right. It seems a few freshmen girls contribute in softball and basketball.....but no so much in boys sports. A few freshmen boys play some, but very very few are in when the game is on the line.

Kaci Ferris would have helped th HS some....but the experience would have helped HER more.

You are right Termite about girls contriburing as freshmen more ofter than boys do. That is because girls mature quicker than boys do. Girls can often out run boys, move faster and are better at many skills until the boys catch up with maturity. Do you ever hear of parents holding back girls a year to start school? No, it is the boys who are held back so they can have that extra year to mature (this also applies to school/grades). Often girls have their best years as soph. and jrs. as they have already matured. Boys usually have their best years as jr. and srs. as it takes longer for them to mature.

Guest Termite

You are right Termite about girls contriburing as freshmen more ofter than boys do. That is because girls mature quicker than boys do. Girls can often out run boys, move faster and are better at many skills until the boys catch up with maturity. Do you ever hear of parents holding back girls a year to start school? No, it is the boys who are help back so they can have that extra year to mature (this also applies to school/grades). Often girls have their best years as soph. and jrs. as they have already matured. Boys usually have their best years as jr. and srs. as it takes longer for them to mature.

I believe you about the maturing quicker......until I'm at the softball field with a bunch or 12/13/14 year olds screaming, chanting screaming, cheering screaming.........then screaming some more.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />