Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I received my copy of this year's Murphy Fair Football Preview and I could not help but read the survey on Smith Co. A name that jumped out to me while reading their survey was "Henry Whigham" (a receiver and defensive back). Is this the same young man who has played at Gordonsville each of the last 2 years? I believe he was #16!

Yesterday I received my copy of this year's Murphy Fair Football Preview and I could not help but read the survey on Smith Co. A name that jumped out to me while reading their survey was "Henry Whigham" (a receiver and defensive back). Is this the same young man who has played at Gordonsville each of the last 2 years? I believe he was #16!

Henry went to a grade school in the western part of the county. He played jr.high football at Sc middle school. His moved to G-ville and he played there 3 years. Before Christmas he moved back. (all family matters ). He now wears Black and Gold again and is #1. Good kid and well liked on both sides.

Henry has the speed and ability to bring help in spreading the field and as a DB.

Heard he did well at Maryville.

Henry went to a grade school in the western part of the county. He played jr.high football at Sc middle school. His moved to G-ville and he played there 3 years. Before Christmas he moved back. (all family matters ). He now wears Black and Gold again and is #1. Good kid and well liked on both sides.

Henry has the speed and ability to bring help in spreading the field and as a DB.

Heard he did well at Maryville.

Getting looks at RB also.

Howdy tell us about Cheatham County. We meet in the HOLE in a few weeks. Give us some insight about your team, names, positiions strengths ect. A few opponents have entered the HOLE and never came out !!!!!!.

Pads Monday........................

I have seen a practice or two with helmets and shorts. I know you can't tell anything in shorts, they all look like ALL-STATERS, but I've seen a position or 2 that gives me great concern. I can't say the positions because it wouldn't be fair to the kid..........right now. A lot is based on what I saw last year too.

I have seen a practice or two with helmets and shorts. I know you can't tell anything in shorts, they all look like ALL-STATERS, but I've seen a position or 2 that gives me great concern. I can't say the positions because it wouldn't be fair to the kid..........right now. A lot is based on what I saw last year too.

Termite you stated in one of your post a couple mos. ago that our coaches do a good job of "coaching the kids up". I guess that we will have to rely on that.

Termite you stated in one of your post a couple mos. ago that our coaches do a good job of "coaching the kids up". I guess that we will have to rely on that.

I should probably add.........."do a good job of coaching the kids up".......that CAN be coached up".

Hey, they can't win the Ky derby with a mule.......but they can make the mule faster.....

They can take a kid that is so-so and make a good DB....that don't mean they can make a good Right Tackle or fullback out of him..........