Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Guest Termite

I guess I got the biggest laugh back when Justin DRAPER, good LB from P. Shade, played and John would call him DRAPER Jenkins, an elderly gentleman who was former co-owner of Sanderson Funeral Home.

I know. Scotty, Terry, and Dr. Hassell do a very good job..when given the chance....and not correcting John. And you can tell, he doesn't like being corrected. I know John has a love for SC football...........but enough with the wrong, names, wrong numbers and wrong players. I wish John would just back off a little and let Sotty,Terry and Dr. Hassell add their information and knowledge.

But I will say...I had rather listen to John's wrong info....than the screaming guys from G-ville. Listening to them is like listening to a 13 year old girls softball game. Way too much yelling and screaming for no more than what is happening.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best radio guys are the ones who can maintain their focus in the highest of dramatic situations and get the correct info across to the listeners. The guys from David Lipscomb do a fantastic job of this when you go back and listen to their games. The guys who get too wild and start throwing "nicknames" out there on the air for every single player can be confusing to me. I listen to some games and hear some of these "nicknames" and wonder to myself.........."who the heck just scored?".

SC goes to Maryville College passing camp this weekend. They will play Alcoa on Friday night. They will wake up Saturday and play Maryville, McMinn Central, Seymour, Claiborne County, White County, and Kings Academy.

Termite, are you going to Maryville (Alcoa) Friday?

Guest Termite

Termite, are you going to Maryville (Alcoa) Friday?

Probably not. A mean ole banker, the one that calls me every morning to get up and got to work, well that mean ole banker thinks me paying some bills is more important that watching a 7-7 game. Now I feel certain, because he is employeed by a SC bank, that had it been a full scrimmage, he would let me go.

I may get to ease up Saturday....but it looks doubtful. Seems I have a lot on my plate right now and need to get caught up on stuff before the other scrimmages and the season starts. And of coarse I will have to take in a practice or 2.

I'm not so much worried about us throwing the ball as I am about us defending the pass. The safetys scare me right now. We need a head hunter or two back there. Some of the ones I suspect will be in line for the safetys position, well let's just say diving, grabbing at shoe laces and jumping on piles ain't going to get it.

Probably not. A mean ole banker, the one that calls me every morning to get up and got to work, well that mean ole banker thinks me paying some bills is more important that watching a 7-7 game. Now I feel certain, because he is employeed by a SC bank, that had it been a full scrimmage, he would let me go.

I may get to ease up Saturday....but it looks doubtful. Seems I have a lot on my plate right now and need to get caught up on stuff before the other scrimmages and the season starts. And of coarse I will have to take in a practice or 2.

I'm not so much worried about us throwing the ball as I am about us defending the pass. The safetys scare me right now. We need a head hunter or two back there. Some of the ones I suspect will be in line for the safetys position, well let's just say diving, grabbing at shoe laces and jumping on piles ain't going to get it.

Looks doubtful for me also, I have to be out town . We miss #1

I bet if you took him to the golf course you might be able to "collect" enough that you wouldn't have to worry about those bills!

Guest Termite

I heard through the grapevine that SC lost to Alcoa 1-0 in the passing camp ysterday (Fri). Heard SC looked good and Alcoa scored on some younger guys.

I think SC starts today with Maryville.............

Guest Termite

I heard through the grapevine that SC lost to Alcoa 1-0 in the passing camp ysterday (Fri). Heard SC looked good and Alcoa scored on some younger guys.

I think SC starts put today with Maryville.............

Just heard the Owls tied Maryville......don't know all this for sure, but sounds like they are doing pretty good.

According to all reports SC looked very good in the 7-7 camp. Lost to Alcoa 1-0 and beat Maryville.

Played so-so against Anderson Co. and I can't remember the others....but all in all I hear the coaches and players were pleased with the way everything went.