Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Guest Termite

Just heard he will be out till February from having Tommy John surgery. Huge loss for the Owls, I certainly hate this for him as well.

That's a shame...very good ball player. 2 year starter. Can anyone come back from TJ surgery (for baseball) in 6-7 months?

What do yall think? Bray,Vance,Mckinney and ??? Gibbs? Owens? White? Somebody else???

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame...very good ball player. 2 year starter. Can anyone come back from TJ surgery (for baseball) in 6-7 months?

What do yall think? Bray,Vance,Mckinney and ??? Gibbs? Owens? White? Somebody else???

for pitchers the standard rehab time is around 12 months, position players have been known to be back at full capacity in as little as 6 to 7 months. it all comes down to balancing aggressive rehab vs. not pushing the new tendon to far to fast.

there's a belief that some players gain velocity after the surgery, due to the tightness of the new implant and more concentrated exercises that come with the rehab. so at least maybe there's a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Guest Termite

for pitchers the standard rehab time is around 12 months, position players have been known to be back at full capacity in as little as 6 to 7 months. it all comes down to balancing aggressive rehab vs. not pushing the new tendon to far to fast.

there's a belief that some players gain velocity after the surgery, due to the tightness of the new implant and more concentrated exercises that come with the rehab. so at least maybe there's a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks sb...he's a position player so I guess that's the thinking, he could be ready to play BB next season. But it's a blow to the football team. One they will overcome, but disruptive to a couple of positions depending on who has to play RT and DT.

Thanks sb...he's a position player so I guess that's the thinking, he could be ready to play BB next season. But it's a blow to the football team. One they will overcome, but disruptive to a couple of positions depending on who has to play RT and DT.

i'd bet if things go well he could be back around the later part of the season, surely by the playoffs. it could end up being quite nice to get a OL/DL guy back that late in the season with some fresh legs for the playoffs.

You should also look for Pinson to step up on the O-line and for Denney to make a move to D-tackle. No doubt about it, losing Bush will hurt. Very gifted player with lots of experience. Other kids will have to step their games up. Nixon has suffered a knee injury as well. Haven't heard to what extent at this point. . . Shafer will be playing Will and FB this year. He was DE/LB last year as well and TE, #44. Gibbs has been playing NG/M and center, #50.

Guest Termite

You should also look for Pinson to step up on the O-line and for Denney to make a move to D-tackle. No doubt about it, losing Bush will hurt. Very gifted player with lots of experience. Other kids will have to step their games up. Nixon has suffered a knee injury as well. Haven't heard to what extent at this point. . . Shafer will be playing Will and FB this year. He was DE/LB last year as well and TE, #44. Gibbs has been playing NG/M and center, #50.

What about OT?? McKinney?...If so what, about G and if Denny is now a DT-OT-G what about TE. Ponder ??

I know nothing is for sure right now, I'm just trying to think about all the possibiities.

What about OT?? McKinney?...If so what, about G and if Denny is now a DT-OT-G what about TE. Ponder ??

I know nothing is for sure right now, I'm just trying to think about all the possibiities.

Yes, McKinney has been moved to T and Denney to Guard. Ponder is playing some TE along with Tongate, C. Hackett, Webb. Webb, I have heard, has looked very good on D so far this spring. Reminding some people of a young Morgan Hix.

Guest Termite

Yes, McKinney has been moved to T and Denney to Guard. Ponder is playing some TE along with Tongate, C. Hackett, Webb. Webb, I have heard, has looked very good on D so far this spring. Reminding some people of a young Morgan Hix.

Webb will make a good player.

Ponder, I can see...I haven't seen any practice yet this year, but I know what I've seen before, so it's hard fro me to picture some mentioned hitting as has to be done at a position on the line.

Webb will make a good player.

Ponder, I can see...I haven't seen any practice yet this year, but I know what I've seen before, so it's hard fro me to picture some mentioned hitting as has to be done at a position on the line.

I think that's a major area of concern right now is whether or not they can be physical enough. I know some of the guys like McKinney and Pinson have put on some needed weight but it has to work over into explosive power or it's almost for naught.