Smith Co. Football

Guest Termite

Guest Termite

Hey will you please quit telling people were I work!! I would love to get on here and just mess with people without them knowing where I work. Thanks greatly appreciate it.

Sorry, but I don't remember telling anyone where you work, (if in fact you really do work). Except for some of your postings along with some others, I wouldn't have been positive who you were anyway.

I looked back to make sure. Unless you work at Cannon Co., Smith Co., Cheatham Co., Westmoreland or Marion Co., I don't think anywhere else has been mentioned.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right RC and ballcoach. But each defensive and ofensive call is a gamble of sorts. Each has a weakness, risk and a reward. You just play the odds and look for a weakness. RC, had the play your talking about worked and dropped them for a 10 yard loss, would it have been a bad call then?? If every defensive call worked as it should, you would win every ball game, the offense wouldn't score. There is usually some sort of breakdown, whether it's a called defense, or personnel or execution. SO, with that being said.......... wouldn't you agree............that you would settle for giving up ONLY 3 big plays a game, every game?? (again, that may depend on your definition of BIG plays)

Oldballcoach.....you say that marion didn't hurt them with the veer, but did hurt them with a few jet sweeps and a couple of timely throws.......would that be more than 3 BIG plays??? Maybe they should have slanted more and only given up 2 big plays........

Anyway........I wish that game had been played in the dry but Marion played wet too...

However, defense against good offenses is very comparable to offense against good defenses. When you get totally predictable you get burned!!

Guest Termite

However, defense against good offenses is very comparable to offense against good defenses. When you get totally predictable you get burned!!

I agree. You have to mix it up.

But, I think there are times when everyone in the stadium knows what play is coming next, and there is still nothing you can do about it.

Sorry, but I don't remember telling anyone where you work, (if in fact you really do work). Except for some of your postings along with some others, I wouldn't have been positive who you were anyway.

I looked back to make sure. Unless you work at Cannon Co., Smith Co., Cheatham Co., Westmoreland or Marion Co., I don't think anywhere else has been mentioned.

It was in the Cannon Co coaching search thread were you said I work at Alcoa. Oh, and if you don't believe I work, I have the proof ask anyone that knows me. If that doesn't do it for you, I will be more than happy to meet you next time I am in Carthage to let you see my proof up close and personal. It is fine I know alot people know me on here, but I would like to post as an SC fan/alum/former player. Cool.../thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Your right RC and ballcoach. But each defensive and ofensive call is a gamble of sorts. Each has a weakness, risk and a reward. You just play the odds and look for a weakness. RC, had the play your talking about worked and dropped them for a 10 yard loss, would it have been a bad call then?? If every defensive call worked as it should, you would win every ball game, the offense wouldn't score. There is usually some sort of breakdown, whether it's a called defense, or personnel or execution. SO, with that being said.......... wouldn't you agree............that you would settle for giving up ONLY 3 big plays a game, every game?? (again, that may depend on your definition of BIG plays)

Oldballcoach.....you say that marion didn't hurt them with the veer, but did hurt them with a few jet sweeps and a couple of timely throws.......would that be more than 3 BIG plays??? Maybe they should have slanted more and only given up 2 big plays........

Anyway........I wish that game had been played in the dry but Marion played wet too...

Well on the jet sweep it was due to the fact there OLB(outside linebacker) got cracked(which is were the WR(wide reciever) comes down and blocks him without him knowing) and there DB(defensive back) didn't replace him by stepping up, and got MC about 15 yards. That is not what I consider a BIG PLAY, neither is a timely pass. A big play is when a team can get easy touchdowns by being explosive 20 yards is not a big play, when 40 or greater are big play is my book. That is just on the offensive side, but there are also certain situations and conversions that I call big plays. MC had one late in the half against Alcoa when they scored there 1st TD.

Guest Termite

Well on the jet sweep it was due to the fact there OLB(outside linebacker) got cracked(which is were the WR(wide reciever) comes down and blocks him without him knowing) and there DB(defensive back) didn't replace him by stepping up, and got MC about 15 yards. That is not what I consider a BIG PLAY, neither is a timely pass. A big play is when a team can get easy touchdowns by being explosive 20 yards is not a big play, when 40 or greater are big play is my book. That is just on the offensive side, but there are also certain situations and conversions that I call big plays. MC had one late in the half against Alcoa when they scored there 1st TD.

Gosh Oldballcoach. 20 yards isn't a big play? Easy touchdowns and 40 or more yards are big plays?

I always though OLD ballcoaches were satisified with 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

With expectations of easy TDs and 40 yards rips...........I suspect most football......... around here anyways...........is kind of boring to you.

Gosh Oldballcoach. 20 yards isn't a big play? Easy touchdowns and 40 or more yards are big plays?

I always though OLD ballcoaches were satisified with 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

With expectations of easy TDs and 40 yards rips...........I suspect most football......... around here anyways...........is kind of boring to you.

No 20 yards is not a big play!! Go watch some teams like Milan, Alcoa, Mitchell, Melrose, Maryville teams like that , and you will see plenty big plays and game changers. Not knocking SC or anything, but I saw there highlight film and they don't have many people that can produce a big play. There big plays are 20 yard bursts. Yes it is rather boring to watch sometimes. Steve Spurrier is not satisfied with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Why should I? Football is about two things: SCORING EASY TOUCHDOWN AND NOT GIVING UP EASY TOUCHDOWNS!! Thats what the Doctor odered!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest Termite

No 20 yards is not a big play!! Go watch some teams like Milan, Alcoa, Mitchell, Melrose, Maryville teams like that , and you will see plenty big plays and game changers. Not knocking SC or anything, but I saw there highlight film and they don't have many people that can produce a big play. There big plays are 20 yard bursts. Yes it is rather boring to watch sometimes. Steve Spurrier is not satisfied with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Why should I? Football is about two things: SCORING EASY TOUCHDOWN AND NOT GIVING UP EASY TOUCHDOWNS!! Thats what the Doctor odered!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Wow......football is about "scoring easy touchdowns and not giving up easy touchdowns". I could never be theoldballcoach then. I think it's a lot more than 2 things. It's been a minute or 2 since I played and I was not extremely gifted, but I don't remember anything being EASY. Heck, even the bus rides weren't easy.

Your right ,SC usually has to grind out wins without the talent of some you mentioned. I'll take as many 20 yard plays as you'll give me every game.I'll take all the HARD touchdowns as I can get too.Steve Spurrier might not be satisified with 3 yards and cloud of dust, but since about 1998, he would be happy with it.

I have seen Alcoa,Milan and Maryville play. I have seen Red Springs, Jackson Co. and some other low profile teams play too. You know what, I saw big plays in all those games. Some even for just a couple of yards.

Wow......football is about "scoring easy touchdowns and not giving up easy touchdowns". I could never be theoldballcoach then. I think it's a lot more than 2 things. It's been a minute or 2 since I played and I was not extremely gifted, but I don't remember anything being EASY. Heck, even the bus rides weren't easy.

Your right ,SC usually has to grind out wins without the talent of some you mentioned. I'll take as many 20 yard plays as you'll give me every game.I'll take all the HARD touchdowns as I can get too.Steve Spurrier might not be satisified with 3 yards and cloud of dust, but since about 1998, he would be happy with it.

I have seen Alcoa,Milan and Maryville play. I have seen Red Springs, Jackson Co. and some other low profile teams play too. You know what, I saw big plays in all those games. Some even for just a couple of yards.

nice post... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> it's a game of inches!

It was in the Cannon Co coaching search thread were you said I work at Alcoa. Oh, and if you don't believe I work, I have the proof ask anyone that knows me. If that doesn't do it for you, I will be more than happy to meet you next time I am in Carthage to let you see my proof up close and personal. It is fine I know alot people know me on here, but I would like to post as an SC fan/alum/former player. Cool.../thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I heard you were the best waterboy Alcoa has ever had. 100% H2o in every bucket. You took the water purification course over at Austin Peay didnt you. You never know, they need professional waterboys in the NFL. That education may pay off one of these days.

So basically what your telling me is that you have never seen an Easy TD?? Ok well let me help you out then, FC had a couple of easy touchdowns this year against SC. I guess you go and watch Milan, Alcoa, and Maryville all the time then huh? Well if you have ever watched them, and really watched them those are some teams that score easy TD's. They don't give up easy touchdowns, by that I mean, they make you snap the ball over and over. They do not give up the big play. Oh and just so you know Football is a game downs not inches!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

So basically what your telling me is that you have never seen an Easy TD?? Ok well let me help you out then, FC had a couple of easy touchdowns this year against SC. I guess you go and watch Milan, Alcoa, and Maryville all the time then huh? Well if you have ever watched them, and really watched them those are some teams that score easy TD's. They don't give up easy touchdowns, by that I mean, they make you snap the ball over and over. They do not give up the big play. Oh and just so you know Football is a game downs not inches!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

"inches make champions"

-vince lombardi-

this guy knew a lil more about football than you do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />